Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Xposure on TV3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

I'm not afraid to say it, her voice arouses me...

:pac:-- know what i mean loike!!

brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

requiem1 wrote: »
    She's around 5'10 in heels and as pointed out shes a commercial model not a cat walk model

Ruth is 5'8". Her height is not based on what size heels she wears. You could be 5'5" wearing six inch heels and next thing you're 5'11". Anybody can be 5'10" if they choose to wear heels!

Sorry for nit-picking but it really bugs me when people refer to girls heights as that of when they are wearing heels. Height = your measurement with no shoes on.

Back on topic now, sorry :) I dunno whether to be happy or sad that the judges can decide in the end. What's the point of the public vote then? Unless it's like Strictly where the judges vote counts for x amount and the public is the remainder. The way they suck up to Ruth just makes me think that they'll give the job to her even though she's the most useless of them all.

What are the comments on TV3.ie about implying that Ruth bought her right to stay in? It's in the comments section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

tinkerbell wrote: »
    I dunno whether to be happy or sad that the judges can decide in the end.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    On the 30th of July
    I wouldn't be surprised if Anthony does get into the final, that they take the vote away from the public and give the judges the ultimate say. I just can't see TV3 entertaining that guy as a red carpet reporter.

Prediction! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I can relate to what a previous poster said about Sean. Im sure he is a nice enough bloke and hes doing a decent job in exposé terms but he is WAAAAAAAY OTT. Extremely cheesy and way too in your face. WTF is going on with the lengthy blinks he has going on when asking questions on camera? TONE IT DOWN! For that reason alone I hope he doesnt win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 sarika

In fairness to Ruth not that many of the others are complete beginners or "normal" people. I've seen a few of them pop up on things over the last few years. I find the lads left in it much more irritating than her too. They were way more annoying than Anthony ever was. He seemed decent enough as a person, just a bit crap at doing the tasks! Simon bugs the hell out of me, he is just a bit too smug and self-satisfied. Ruth has a bit of energy about her and makes it more entertaining. Plus I think a few people have made a good point about how any guy doing Expose doesn't sit right.

Oh and to ruin my argument...Ruth's just hot :D:D:D

hah, yeh ruined argument there!! ah she is pretty, but i think i said this earlier, defo think they kept girls that were competition in the looks department out of the finalists, cos to be fair there a plenty girls who would be good at that job who also have the looks. Seriously. Im assuming your a guy, but u-magazine had an article on the show, read it today, saying the whole thing must be rigged with a "modelly type" to win. think ruth is gettin lots of slack, but to be fair id nearly go in2 paddy powers cos im pretty sure she has the job, no matter if the other two lads are amazing... she mite f**k up in the meantime, and that would be the only thing to ruin it.

I would have defo tuned in to Xpose if Anthony had got the bill, just to see someone some way modest. Danielle was in blackrock handing out flyers for ruth yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I hate them all! LOL! Wanted daniella to win :(.. But if i had to choose, id pick simon. Dont like ruth and sean is too OTT.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Checked Paddy Powers and Sean is favourite with Ruth 2nd and Simon 3rd.

I'm hoping Sean wins as he seems the soundest. Simon is from Mayo and has a D4 accent so that says it all. Don't get started on Ruth. Go Sean. He's a friend of Ray Foley's I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

sarika wrote: »
    hah, yeh ruined argument there!! ah she is pretty, but i think i said this earlier, defo think they kept girls that were competition in the looks department out of the finalists, cos to be fair there a plenty girls who would be good at that job who also have the looks. Seriously. Im assuming your a guy, but u-magazine had an article on the show, read it today, saying the whole thing must be rigged with a "modelly type" to win. think ruth is gettin lots of slack, but to be fair id nearly go in2 paddy powers cos im pretty sure she has the job, no matter if the other two lads are amazing... she mite f**k up in the meantime, and that would be the only thing to ruin it.

I would have defo tuned in to Xpose if Anthony had got the bill, just to see someone some way modest. Danielle was in blackrock handing out flyers for ruth yesterday

I guess Daniella was also a modelly type (I love that phrase!) but I know where you're coming from. There would have been loads of similar or better looking girls who would love to do the show. I think her name value etc played a role for sure in getting into the last 10. A sure fire way of getting press attention. I still hope she wins as the two lads annoy me. The smarmyness factor is a bit irritating. And Ruth would keep Expose as a sure fire way of some harmless eye candy whilst I eat dinner!

I agree Anthony was the soundest of the lads, I didn't have the urge to smack him in the mouth in the same way I do when any of the others appear on screen. He handled the Ruth/stuart bust up well with the judges I thought

Less than 24 hrs til we find out if it was rigged or not (i.e. if Ruth wins) ... *sigh* I am gonna be seriously annoyed if Sean doesn't win. Ruth, ugh. I can safely say I will never watch Xpose again if she wins it - it's all just a big farce. Oooh let's just get another Assets model to become a presenter. They should rename the show "The search for TV3's next Assets Model presenter, nobody else stands a chance". Why did they even bother going to the general public like when this is the final they end up with?

Obviously I am still very bitter about the best one of them all getting voted off (Stuart!)

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

My boyfriendworks in Paddy Powers and he said tonight that they stopped taking bets and paid out to anyone voting for Sean....i dont know how they can do this he doesnt know anything about the show but said it must have been leaked or something.

I would have thought Paddy Powers wouldnt pay out unless something was definite...so it must be????

Anyone else hear about this?

• Advertisement

Ballerina wrote: »
    My boyfriendworks in Paddy Powers and he said tonight that they stopped taking bets and paid out to anyone voting for Sean....i dont know how they can do this he doesnt know anything about the show but said it must have been leaked or something.

I would have thought Paddy Powers wouldnt pay out unless something was definite...so it must be????

Anyone else hear about this?

That's a bit strange. Bookies are known for paying out early on bets such as Football. Like if a team is way a head on my points with a certain amount of games left then bookies tend to pay out. However I can't see how that same logic would apply to this situation, unless the show is pre-recorded of course. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I hope it is Sean, best of a bad bunch. Seems the most likeable out of everyone too. I didn't think he had a chance at the start but I like him now. Not a fan of Simon but anyone but Ruth. That fawking accent loike would wreck your head loike guys y'know?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

There's a couple of reasons they might stop taking bets, the most likely is that the foreseeable payout if he wins is too large so they cut there losses and wait for the result. The other is and I think it happened with last weeks vote is because they are filming today they won't allow people to bet in case something is leaked early.

btw this weeks challenge is them doing the daily dish thing from xpose, should be interesting.

Do we actually find out who wins tonight or do we have to wait for tomorrow's Xpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

Xpose is an entertainment show????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Xpose is an entertainment show????

No its news about Entertainment.

We find out tonight at 9:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did anyone see these 3 clowns on mid day just there?

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when ruth said she wasn't d4.

''I'm from castleknock, thats the northside you know" priceless :D

Despite how much I hate Xpose, Total Xposure and all the presenters/judges/contestants I will still watch the finale!!

Despite how much I hate Xpose, Total Xposure and all the presenters/judges/contestants I will still watch the finale!!

Me too. It's fun to hate. :D

Do u know who wud make a great Xpose presenter--Caroline Morahan! The queen of false OTT smiles and bad fashion sense! Wat more cud they want?! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Do u know who wud make a great Xpose presenter--Caroline Morahan! The queen of false OTT smiles and bad fashion sense! Wat more cud they want?! :cool:

Did she win a similar programme to this a few years back :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Did anyone see these 3 clowns on mid day just there?

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when ruth said she wasn't d4.

''I'm from castleknock, thats the northside you know" priceless :D

Totally dumb so, does she not realise that D4 does not necessarily mean your address but it's the way you act. If she's not D4 then why does she talk in that accent? Come on.

Anyway, I thought Castleknock was West Dublin, not North Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Ciara2008

Well I have been watching it since the start and i really hope that Sean wins. He seems like a really nice guy. There's something a little off-putting about Simon that I can't put my finger on. I actually really really liked Ruth at the start but just when her shouting deep voice is just too much, I went for dinner in Trentuno's in Castleknock village on Friday night and she was sitting outside with her wag fag friends. Perfectly positioned so she was facing the main road and everyone could see her (Not an accident) She spent most the night looking to see if anyone recognised her and the rest she spent shouting at the top of her voice about how much money she spent buying clothes for each show and how her "folks" will be looking for all the cash back if i get it.

She totally transformed in to the type of person i hate, i wish that side of her came across on the show because she would be gone by now

Ciara2008, that side of her totally comes out on the show - I don't know Ruth but my opinion of her from watching Total Xposure is that she's a spoiled daddy's girl brat. I'm not watching Xpose anymore if she wins it, it's insulting to the viewers - she has no fans! It's just a popularity contest now - who has the most friends, it's so high school, ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Bubblefizz

I have to totally agree about Ruth- that 'D4' accent is so irritating. She has not been that great a contentestant apart from the week with the prop, with Lindsey Lohan and the twins.That was funny.Her looks have definitely got her to this position.Simon to win, my favourite. I would be happy with Sean too.

I wonder when they start on XPOSE- does anyone know why Lorraine Keane left?

^^ I heard Lorraine Keane didn't like the new direction the show was taking and that's why she left.

I just found Ruth O'Neil's doppleganger;

460325_0.jpg

:P :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

TV3 are pulled between trying to find a new presenter and a deal with the phone companies. Ireland is too small to have a public vote - and this is obvious by the results. Stuart was the most talented - although I do think he let himself down big time by taking a vote of silence. He should have been more shrewd that that. I will not be voting for any of the finalists. None of them appeal to me - I will not even go into the reasons...

Good outcome! The most likeable out of all of them I think. Good luck to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It's Sean!

Advertisement