Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO deadline has passed (DRAMATIC MUSIC)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

1. TR035 Theoretical Physics
    2. TR071 Science
    3. TR031 Mathematics
    4. DN031 Theoretical Physics
    5. DN008 Science

I'm also going for the TP route. I don't really plan on going to UCD if I don't get the others. I only put them down so it didn't seem like I loved TCD. I'm hoping to get 550 points which should cover me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Ah right, you should be ok so. I can't imagine it going any higher than 520, really; if you have that - or more - you should be pretty confident. I'm hoping to get around the 530 mark, so hopefully that'll get my in. But, if I don't get the points, I'm just as happy doing maths (my second choice); I'm pretty much 50/50 between the two, really. How many points do you have, if you don't mind my asking?

If you do end up in TheoPhys and decide you'd prefer to do Maths, you can apparently transfer up to and including third year.. madness! Was a very tough decision here - TP won because it has physics aswell as maths and also because of the reasoning behind the transfer to Maths in the worst case scenario! I got 570 back in 2007.
    Fringe wrote: »
    1. TR035 Theoretical Physics
    2. TR071 Science
    3. TR031 Mathematics
    4. DN031 Theoretical Physics
    5. DN008 Science

I'm also going for the TP route. I don't really plan on going to UCD if I don't get the others. I only put them down so it didn't seem like I loved TCD. I'm hoping to get 550 points which should cover me.

Yay! Another one!.. Now to find both of you when we hopefully start.. >_> (am not a stalker, oh no.. :P)

I didn't care if it looked like I loved TCD - I do! And any lecturers I spoke to about the maths courses there were really enthusiastic/helpful so I'm looking forward to getting the benefit of that! :)

Aoibheann wrote: »
    If you do end up in TheoPhys and decide you'd prefer to do Maths, you can apparently transfer up to and including third year.. madness! Was a very tough decision here - TP won because it has physics aswell as maths and also because of the reasoning behind the transfer to Maths in the worst case scenario! I got 570 back in 2007.

Yah, that's one of the great things about the course, and one of the main reasons in my chosing to do it. I'm not entirely sure that I want to just do TP, as there are some maths topics which I'm interested in that you don't cover, so I might change to maths at some stage (if I get in, that is).

You have more than enough points, anyway!
    Yay! Another one!.. Now to find both of you when we hopefully start.. >_> (am not a stalker, oh no.. :P)

Apparently it's a very much male dominated course, so you won't be too hard to spot.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Yah, that's one of the great things about the course, and one of the main reasons in my chosing to do it. I'm not entirely sure that I want to just do TP, as there are some maths topics which I'm interested in that you don't cover, so I might change to maths at some stage (if I get in, that is).

You have more than enough points, anyway!

Apparently it's a very much male dominated course, so you won't be too hard to spot.:P

You're exactly the same as myself so.. There's a lot of the Maths course that I'd like to do that I know we won't get to do in TP - TP seems very set, as opposed to all the options in maths. But hopefully it'll work out one way or another! :)

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch as regards the points though.. I'll be nervous come CAO offers day!

Haha, true - small course aswell but I imagine we'd be mixed in with maths or physics classes for a large chunk of it. Oh crap.. just realised, I'm going to be stuck with a load of nerdy boys for 4 years.. ;_;

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skally-wag

1. PD101- Education - Primary Teaching
    2. CM101- Education - Primary Teaching
    3. MH101- Arts

This is my second attempt at college, the course I did this year didn't really work out, so hopefully i've made a better choice this time!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

1. DC131 Communication Studies
    2. DT552 Media Arts
    3. TA022 Creative Digital Media
    4. DN012 Arts
    5. MH109 Media Studies
    6. MH101 Arts

Right! Done forever! Roll on August.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

1. DN054 Psychology
    2. DN012 Arts
    3. DN030 Computer Science - Science
    4. DL141 Applied Psychology
    5. DN008 Science

My future for the next few years it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

1. DN005 Veterinary Medicine (Undergraduate Entry)
    2. DN106 Veterinary Nursing
    3. TR354 German/Modern Irish
    4. MN101 Arts
    5. DN069 Arts (International) - Modern Languages
    6. TR174 Classical Civilisation/Modern Irish
    7. TR506 Modern Irish/Latin
    8. DN012 Arts
    9. DN064 Drama and English
    10. TR022 Early and Modern Irish

No going back now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

^^^

I hear (according to the relyable source that is top gear:D) that vets have the worlds highest suicide rate amoungst professtionals

well gud luck with your course;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Secoundrow wrote: »

I hear (according to the relyable source that is top gear:D) that vets have the worlds highest suicide rate amoungst professtionals

Pretty sure it's dentists.

I wouldnt normally doubt TopGear, but this time........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Yep, it's dentists!

I've always heard that it's air-traffic controllers who have the highest suicide rate.

Poor dentists.

I can kinda understand it though, generally if you're a dentist you probably don't get to give good news, and children would be afraid of you and stuff... plus there's probably long hours and little intelligent conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I havent seen anyone on the Internet wanting to do my first choice course... so I hope the points go down. Though I've got this image of myself sitting alone in a lecture theatre at the back, with the lecturer echoing their words across the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I'm pretty sure it's dentists too...

Didn't change it, but feel like I meant to change something...
    1. TR004 Law
    2. TR020 Law and Business
    3. DN009 Law
    4. DN021 Business and Law
    5. DC232 Law and Society
    6. MH115 Law and Arts
    7. MH406 Law and Business
    8. MH101 Arts
    9. PD101 Education - Primary Teaching

I have no idea what Primary Teaching is doing there, seeing as it would be impossible for me to do it with it being after Arts, but meh, whatevs. It's done now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

1. DN032 Mathematical Science
    2. DN020 Actuarial and Financial Studies
    3. DN077 Engineering
    4. DN008 Science
    5. DN031 Theoretical Physics

I'm not really sure what I want to do. Don't think I could be arsed doing anything that wasn't any of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

1. CK104 Arts with Music (Restricted)
    2. GY104 Arts (Psychology)
    3. GY110 Arts with Children Studies
    4. LM102 Psychology
    5. LM038 Psychology and Sociology
    6. GY101 Arts
    7. LM032 Arts (Joint Honours)
    8. CK101 Arts
    9. LM045 Languages, Literature and Film
    10. DN012 Arts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

1. TR004 Law
    2. TR020 Law and Political Science
    3. TR017 Law and Business
    4. TR014 Philosophy and Political Science
    5. TR023 English Studies
    6. TR262 English Literature/History
    7. TR312 Film Studies/English Literature
    8. TR071 Science

Yeahhh....I think right now,I'll just accept whatever I'm offered rather than repeat. Science looks weird there,but I've always loved science. I'd love to see the look on some of my teachers' faces if they could see this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

phasers wrote: »
    Poor dentists.

I can kinda understand it though, generally if you're a dentist you probably don't get to give good news, and children would be afraid of you and stuff... plus there's probably long hours and little intelligent conversation.

And the fact that you spend your day poking around peoples mouths* and one of those people smoke, dont brush their teeth too often, etc that'll make your job even more unpleasant.

*innuendo...........

Fad wrote: »
    And the fact that you spend your day poking around peoples mouths* and one of those people smoke, dont brush their teeth too often, etc that'll make your job even more unpleasant.

*innuendo...........
    Oh I shuddered reading that! There should be some kind of dentists charity where they all get brought to a waterpark once a year or something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

damn I googled it,, its

1. dentists
    2. Air traffic controller
    3. Vetenary

I was wrong

^^:D and by the way This isnt my CAO list

If anybodys actually looks like this well its 2 late now:p

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I've always heard that it's air-traffic controllers who have the highest suicide rate.
    Air traffic controllers probobly kill more people though.

Air traffic controllers probobly kill more people though.

Perhaps. But, it must be a horribly stressful job: imagine having up to 20,000 people's lives in your hands each day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

1. TR004 Law
    2. TR020 Law and Political Science
    3. TR017 Law and Business
    4. TR014 Philosophy and Political Science
    5. TR023 English Studies
    6. TR262 English Literature/History
    7. TR312 Film Studies/English Literature
    8. TR071 Science

Almostnever I have some Law and Politics down as my first, you're actually the first person I've seen who wants to do it! Do you know any others? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Calaska

I did my LC in 2008 and took a gap year to figure out what the hell I wanted to do. It was mildly successful.

1. TA021 European Studies
    2. DL141 Applied Psychology
    3. DB564 Media and Cultural Studies
    4. DB566 Social Science

I can't even afford to go to DBS, so I have no idea why I put them down. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

DBS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Calaska

mink_man wrote: »
    DBS?

Dublin Business School. I think it's on Aungier Street. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Does anone know what the situation with the Vacant/Available places is? :confused: (besides the fact that it hasn't been updated since last october)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Does anone know what the situation with the Vacant/Available places is? :confused: (besides the fact that it hasn't been updated since last october)

think the list will be out a few days after 17th august and then it will be updated every few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

Just out of interest, what do yez think the points for law and politics in Trinty will be?

Advertisement