Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

tvnutz wrote: »
    What annoys me most is that her name is Tara yet everyone in the show seems to pronounce it Tera...:rolleyes:
    And Bill pronounces Sookie as 'Sookeh', eveyone calls Sam 'Saayum', etc., it's just the accent, I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

tvnutz wrote: »
    What annoys me most is that her name is Tara yet everyone in the show seems to pronounce it Tera...:rolleyes:

Thats an American thing. It's not just a southern thing, they all say it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats an American thing. It's not just a southern thing, they all say it that way.

Ye I know.For example the name Graham they pronounce "gram". FFS! :mad::p

Craig becomes "Creg" aswell. That ones just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Hi, Does anyone know if this is on terrestial (irish/uk) channels yet or just on FX? Thanks :)

• Advertisement

ttoppcat wrote: »
    Hi, Does anyone know if this is on terrestial (irish/uk) channels yet or just on FX? Thanks :)
    I *think* TG4 are going to be showing it, I just don't know when. And they'll probably be on series 3 in America by that time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ttoppcat wrote: »

TG4 and Channel 4 are meant to be showing it soon.It's been announced by both for the 2009/2010 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I watched the first few episodes months ago, wasn't too into it. But saw a few people say it got better so I gave it another go, and I'm very glad I did. I'm up to date now and really enjoyed it. Watched the last 15 or so episodes over the last week or two and I'm sad I have to wait for the next episode. Like a lot of other people, I really like Eric. Looking forward to next episode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Thanks guys :) I thought it was due to come on but was worried i'd missed the start, will keep a look out on both channels. Am looking forward to this after reading reviews of it. Sounds right up my street:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

How come no episode this sunday?

TV Rage says next episode is next sunday :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

How come no episode this sunday?

Labor Day weekend in the US so no new episodes of anything really from HBO... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! You flipping flippers HBO, I thought I would be getting up to watch the finale this morning. :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    You flipping flippers HBO

Blasphemy...

:( There's going to be a True Blood-(*cough* and Eric *cough*) shaped hole in my life these two weeks...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Namlub wrote: »
    :( There's going to be a True Blood-(*cough* and Eric *cough*) shaped hole in my life these two weeks...

Well after next week it's going to be a much bigger hole. About 37 weeks.

Ah well. Summer is usually barren tv wise....except for this and entourage there hasn't been a whole lot. so atleast all the other shows are starting back in september and october.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wow... not really sure what to make of all of that - it was a lot to take in.
    It was brilliant, but so many subplots going on, that I need to get my head around it all, and it's gonna be a long 9 months or so until the next episode...

I think we were synchronized there CaptainNegative. Just finished it myself :p

Enjoyed it myself. I can see Sookie turning to Eric for help in finding Bill.....and him pretending to help. Though there is no garuntee that it was him that did it. Part of me thinks it would be too obvious.

There was a lot of nothing for a lot of the episode.Felt they kinda rushed the Maryann ending and the lack of Eric was crap.Between the Maryann ending and Eggs dying,which I'm happy with,it seemed like filler.

It didn't feel like a finale at all and it was weird.

Thats how they did it last season though. If you remember last seasons finale, Rene was dead with a good 25 minutes left of the episode to go and they spent the rest setting up next season....which is what they did here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sam's arc is going from strength to strength which I'm chuffed with. I hope Hoyt has a bigger role next season as I think a fair few of us men can relate to the guy. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Thats how they did it last season though. If you remember last seasons finale, Rene was dead with a good 25 minutes left of the episode to go and they spent the rest setting up next season....

Very true - I still felt the Maryann story ended more with a whimper, rather than a bang, like the René story last season though.

It was good they got it out of the way though, as the set up for next season was far more interesting. The queen is Erik's supplier, Sam searching for his birth parents (and they are very bad?), Jason wasting Eggs and Andy covering it up, Jessica feeding on a random trucker, Bill's proposal and subsequent disappearance.. all good stuff and lots to look forward to.

So all in all, not as strong as last season's finale, but still very good. Now I have to fill the gap with all the shows returning instead :).

Loved Jason's lines as usual, it was great when he was quoting movies and his last quote was "I love the smell of nail polish in the morning" :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It was good...but I agree with what has been said. The Mary-Ann thing seemed a bit rushed,which is the complete opposite to the rest of the season where it was dragged out for ages. But as someone said that is what they did last year. Perhaps it was the 2 week wait,if it had only been a week then the Mary-Ann story might not have seemed so rushed. She did have a really cool death scene though!

Some other bits were just setting it up for next year,bit of a better cliffhanger this year as well.

Thats how they did it last season though. If you remember last seasons finale, Rene was dead with a good 25 minutes left of the episode to go and they spent the rest setting up next season....which is what they did here.

I suppose last season I wouldn't have noticed it as I watched it straight through from the start up to midway through season 2 so it wasn't really a finale to me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

Enjoyable. Plenty of plots for next season. The only thing I love/hate about the show is the cliffhanger at the end of each episode.

Another of Jason's "If a tree falls in the woods, it's still a tree ain't it."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fraid I wasn't that impressed with the finale.. I remember the climax of the Rene storyline last year and the episode moved swiftly to a finish.. and more or less flew by.

Same couldn't be said for this one I thought. After Mary Ann's superb death, the episode just dragged and dragged and dragged.

Sam is quickly becoming one of the most interesting characters.. his storyline will be very interesting next year.

I couldn't care less for the cliffhanger. It's fairly obvious who it is tbh.. and let's not be naive, Bill is not in grave danger whatsoever!

Don't know.. a disappointing finale to a superb season!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I really think True Blood works better if you watch it all in a big block. Half an hour of setting up the next season doesn't seem weird if you have just spent 11 hours leading up to the climax. But when you watch it week by week the pacing is weird.

I really didn't care about the MaryAnn story so I was glad to see it reach it's conclusion early. It was just too silly compared to last years serial killer story. Who the killer was kept you guessing, there was no hook for the MaryAnn story to keep me interested.

Thankfully Ball has made the characters from the novels his own and they are a joy to watch. But I really hope he diverges further away from the books as I believe they become sillier and sillier.

Eta: Hmm, just read the plot of book 2 on wiki. It's pretty different. Book plot spoiler, doubt it will spoil the series;
    MaryAnn (called Calisto) is in Bon Temp to recieve tribute from Eric as a bar owner as she serves the god of wine. LaFayette was found dead in Andy's car at the start of the story and he had been killed at a sex party which had nothing to do with Calisto. Sookie goes to a sex party with Eric (which I would have loved to have seen in the series). And Calisto kills the people who killed LaFayette and then leaves.
    now I feel sort of bad for accusing the books of being silly. It was sounds quite silly, but not as bad as the MaryAnn story. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just a little factoid..

Remember the first shot of the interior of Merlotte's Bar after everything was more-or-less resolved and a woman says to Sam "well, I never expected anything like that to happen around here!" (or something to that effect).

This woman..

s2_79.jpg

That's Charlaine Harris (author of the Sookie Stackhouse novels) who filmed a cameo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

J-blk wrote: »
    Jason wasting Eggs and Andy covering it up

I think it was to show the complete reversal in their relationship from season 1. Season 1 had Andy hunting Jason and accusing him relentlessly that he was a murderer when he hadn't actually killed anyone. Now in this season he actually does kill someone and Andy is covering for him.

I take back what I said about Tara, her acting when she seen Eggs was dead was atrocious. In the last few episodes Tara has really gone downhill. Her range of emotions are basically confused and angry.

Aside from Sam I'm really interested in Sookies story now. Who this supposed power she feels is watching over her, and what her ability is with her hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

basquille wrote: »
    Fraid I wasn't that impressed with the finale.. I remember the climax of the Rene storyline last year and the episode moved swiftly to a finish.. and more or less flew by.

Same couldn't be said for this one I thought. After Mary Ann's superb death, the episode just dragged and dragged and dragged.

Sam is quickly becoming one of the most interesting characters.. his storyline will be very interesting next year.

I couldn't care less for the cliffhanger. It's fairly obvious who it is tbh.. and let's not be naive, Bill is not in grave danger whatsoever!

Don't know.. a disappointing finale to a superb season!

I agree with each line. After Mary Ann's death it was a filler episode for the next season really. Yes there were some subplots setting up a new story arc but it was a fizzle rather than a bang. Excellent season - but poor finale.

Advertisement