Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] True Blood - Season 2 [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

J-blk wrote: »
    I laughed when Steve tells him that there's a war going on right now and he looks out the window to check :D.

I was in stitches too :D

You have to go "oooohhhhh" when Eric said that even as old a vampire as he, that he had never encountered a creature like minotaur before.

Season 2 is really keeping up with the last season especially with all these new characters taking the story in all directions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I laughed when Steve tells him that there's a war going on right now and he looks out the window to check :D.

Same here his face was priceless.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

So did I :D. Its the main part of what I was talking about.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I couldn't watch this episode properly after I realised that Terry Bellefluer is Zack from Gilmore Girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

iguana wrote: »
    I couldn't watch this episode properly after I realised that Terry Bellefluer is Zack from Gilmore Girls.
    Yep.. realised this last season.

Mad how different he looks alright.

Todd-Lowe_3.jpg
    Todd-Lowe_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Based on opinions here I decided to start watching this show,watched season 1 in about 3 days and have just caught up with the latest season 2 episode. And now I am really annoyed I have to wait a week between each episode now!

Obviously too much stuff to go into having watch 15 episodes in a few days but have to say its a great show,really weird but really interesting and good. First episode was a bit rubbish,second was also dodgy but it really got going and I am really liking where season 2 is going,especially with Michelle Forbes and that strange bull headed creature that attacked Sookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

slow starter alright, quirky enough to keep me interested. loved the pudding innuendo in last ep :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I was thinking Maryann was a witch and I thought the pig was somehow apart of her rituals. I like how they're taking all the characters in different directions this season. It's good to see more of Erik in this series, he's a bit of a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tvnutz wrote: »
    Based on opinions here I decided to start watching this show,watched season 1 in about 3 days and have just caught up with the latest season 2 episode. And now I am really annoyed I have to wait a week between each episode now!
    Having watched season 1 week by week.. that was very tough alright!
    Obviously too much stuff to go into having watch 15 episodes in a few days but have to say its a great show,really weird but really interesting and good. First episode was a bit rubbish,second was also dodgy but it really got going and I am really liking where season 2 is going,especially with Michelle Forbes and that strange bull headed creature that attacked Sookie.
    The first few episodes of the show were absolutely terrible to be honest.. but when it found it's feet, it really got it right!

I thought the "bull headed creature" was straight out of a Tenacious D video..

LUC7AOYIMRGMMFBLVR6RRDRS6KEAGRPT.jpg

basquille wrote: »
    Having watched season 1 week by week.. that was very tough alright!

Also makes it worse now that I realised there is no episode this weekend! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Also makes it worse now that I realised there is no episode this weekend! :(

Are you sure? TV.com has the next episode listed for Sunday, the 5th. I really hope you're wrong!

Are you sure? TV.com has the next episode listed for Sunday, the 5th. I really hope you're wrong!

Independence Day weekend.Next episode is the 12th. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Still really liking the season - the Minotaur/Greek angle is interesting. I think Jason's arc has slowed a little but I'm okay with that as I've a good feeling the religious angle might turn into something pretty damn interesting.

I'm also constantly humming the theme tune...
    Independence Day weekend.Next episode is the 12th. :(
    They always do that even though today is the 4th of July, so why can't they show it tomorrow? Is tomorrow Independence Day Part II? Grrr, show me the blood!

ixoy wrote: »

They always do that even though today is the 4th of July, so why can't they show it tomorrow? Is tomorrow Independence Day Part II? Grrr, show me the blood!

Ye but when its at or near the weekend they turn it into a big weekend celebration.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ye but when its at or near the weekend they turn it into a big weekend celebration.
    Yeah, I've noticed but I still don't have to like it. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" did a double-bill last week to make up for it, why can't more shows do the same? Stupid holidays *grumble*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Noooo!!!

I was looking forward to a True Blood episode on Monday. I watched season 1 through in a matter of days and am finding it hard to adjust to watching it week by week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ixoy wrote: »
    Still really liking the season - the Minotaur/Greek angle is interesting. I think Jason's arc has slowed a little but I'm okay with that as I've a good feeling the religious angle might turn into something pretty damn interesting.

I'm also constantly humming the theme tune...

love the theme tune. it's by a guy called Jace Everett and it's easily the best
    thing on his album. It suits the show so well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Great theme tune alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

hi what station is it on?? dying to see this, take it i missed the first season :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭lil_tuts

hi what station did you watch it on???

lil_tuts wrote: »
    hi what station did you watch it on???

Season 2 airs Sunday nights on HBO in the US, that's what most people here are watching - no UK/Irish channel is showing it yet.

Season 1 is about to air on FX (UK) - it starts on the 17th of July, at 22:00. I'm not sure if any other channels here are/will be showing it, as I'm following the US airing...

That was another cool episode last night - loved the cliffhanger as usual, it opens up all kinds of possibilities... So Sookie isn't one of a kind apparently...

What's the deal with Maryann now? Were the claws she grew the same as the beast chasing Sookie/scratches on Daphne's back? I wonder if she uses her poison in the food too, as everybody shows pretty animalistic behavior...

And Lafayette with Erik, hmmm, I wonder where that's going...

Jason is getting ever closer to banging Sarah, the fantasy sequence when she was cooking was brilliant :). It does seem set up though, I very much doubt the reverend does not know what's going on.

Great episode overall but it did introduce a ton of new questions - roll on next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

That was another cool episode last night - loved the cliffhanger as usual, it opens up all kinds of possibilities... So Sookie isn't one of a kind apparently...
    She's going to have a lot of questions. Don't think that he will have answers though. It was funny with Jessica ordering some guy to her room. It appears that a lot of changes have gone on in the cities to accommodate the vampires.
    What's the deal with Maryann now? Were the claws she grew the same as the beast chasing Sookie/scratches on Daphne's back? I wonder if she uses her poison in the food too, as everybody shows pretty animalistic behavior...
    MaryAnn appears to grow stronger from the primal urges of people. Lust, gluttony, violence. She looked very much like a Greek goddess with the white dress and white flowers in her hair.
    And Lafayette with Erik, hmmm, I wonder where that's going...
    He has some plans for him. Also when Eric finished he said he 'has to fly'. Then there was a sound like taking off. I'm thinking that as the vampires mature they become more powerful and eventually gain the ability to fly. This would be why older vampires blood is far more valuable than newer ones.
    Jason is getting ever closer to banging Sarah, the fantasy sequence when she was cooking was brilliant :). It does seem set up though, I very much doubt the reverend does not know what's going on.
    It was good. They have him feeding out of the palm of their hands now. Something tells me they are going to get him to go after Bill in order to 'save' Sookie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Another solid episode. It's becoming more clear that Maryann is very much interested in the corruption of man and woman. She wants them to give into their temptations and be mindless animals. Take note of how she said to Tara to "never say no to yourself".

For a second I thought Eric was interested with Lafayette "in that way".:pac: It will be interesting to see where that goes.

I'm glad that I'm getting what I wanted from S2 and that's more of the Fellowship of the Sun. I really wanted to see the show explore the hierarchy of the Vampires and the politics between the American Vampire League and the Fellowship of the Sun. I find it much more interesting than the romance as I've seen it all before with Buffy. Yes, I am boring.:p

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    For a second I thought Eric was interested with Lafayette "in that way".:pac: It will be interesting to see where that goes.

I thought that as well,and then later when Bill is asking him why he is looking for that vampire Godrick when he has no obligation to as it is outside his area as sheriff,Eric kept avoiding it. I got the feeling he was gay there as well. But it could be something completely different. At least it gives Lafayette a story because I couldn't see where they could go with him after the last storyline.

It looks MaryAnn is actually the monster thing and not just controlling it and that she gets her power off lust and greed etc.I really like where they are going with her.

Also interesting that Sookie has found someone that can also read minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

The Don wrote: »
    He has some plans for him. Also when Eric finished he said he 'has to fly'. Then there was a sound like taking off. I'm thinking that as the vampires mature they become more powerful and eventually gain the ability to fly. This would be why older vampires blood is far more valuable than newer ones.

Agree with you there as Eric met Bill in the city and must have flown (as he left much later) rather than getting a flight like Bill and Sookie. Nice to see Walt's brother in law from Breaking Bad having a little cameo too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Great episode, loved that ending. Jessica glamouring the kidnapper into screaming was funny, telling him his worst fears were all going to come true and fcuking him up.

I don't get the impression Eric is gay, I just think he has a big plan in place, and Sookie, Bill, Lafayette, and this other Sheriff may be part of it.

Maryann's little party piece, the long nails, etc, is definitely getting more interesting. I wonder now, is the waitress with the scarred back, one of her "slaves"? Maryann seems to get power from everyone's debauchery, but Tarra and Eggs in particular. Why them, I wonder? Is it something to do with Tarra's demon, I think that may well have been real, and the witch (even though she was a fake) did cast it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

jor el wrote: »
    Great episode, loved that ending. Jessica glamouring the kidnapper into screaming was funny, telling him his worst fears were all going to come true and fcuking him up.

I don't get the impression Eric is gay, I just think he has a big plan in place, and Sookie, Bill, Lafayette, and this other Sheriff may be part of it.

Maryann's little party piece, the long nails, etc, is definitely getting more interesting. I wonder now, is the waitress with the scarred back, one of her "slaves"? Maryann seems to get power from everyone's debauchery, but Tarra and Eggs in particular. Why them, I wonder? Is it something to do with Tarra's demon, I think that may well have been real, and the witch (even though she was a fake) did cast it out.

That was the most surreal piece of television I have ever seen. I remember just sitting there watching it and thinking "there's no way there is really a demon in her!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Is it just me or does this show emphasise how much sex you are not getting.

Unless of course you are getting lots of sex

Advertisement