Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Hugo Lloris has officially been named on the 30 man shortlist to win the Ballon d'Or for 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    In reference to that remark, it was Arter's comment he made after the game.

"At times in the heat of the battle you react differently and now I feel happy with his apology and if he didn't mean it hopefully he doesn't get banned."

That's fair enough. I got that. But I think it would have been hypocritical of him to say otherwise given that he got away with a bad one himself.

Martin567 wrote: »
    That's fair enough. I got that. But I think it would have been hypocritical of him to say otherwise given that he got away with a bad one himself.

True.

Boufal scored a cracker against Sunderland in the cup, keeping an eye on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Great to see!

14947886_1250044918387216_6631877322294768929_n.jpg?oh=8cd3c9dc4c771ff8c894397cd469bc15&oe=588EA849

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anybosy know how Soldado is doing recently, after his good return to Spain has he reverted to his Spurs form??

Not sure how he's playing, but he's only scored a handful of goals. Definitely not into double figures.

Injured also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Not sure how he's playing, but he's only scored a handful of goals. Definitely not into double figures.

Injured also.

Played very well last season, scored a few and had a good few assists. Done his ACL in early August so probably won't be back til April or so.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Played very well last season, scored a few and had a good few assists. Done his ACL in early August so probably won't be back til April or so.

That's a lengthy lay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Janssen was taken off with concussion after 27mins last night.

Not sure what the regulations are are concussion but I expect he'll be out for 10-14 days

• Advertisement

I think Vertonghen picked up a knock also. Internationals suck áss. Can't stand watching any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Kyle walker actually crossed the ball onto sturridges head tonight for England's goal!

Perfect driven cross I didn't think he had it in him

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rose and Walker setup a goal from a cross. What the hell? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Wimner is ****e

What a difference A year makes

Slim pickings come Saturday...

Wanyama was subbed off at half time with an "unknown" injury and joins a list of injured stars for Spurs that reads as Dele Alli, Erik Lamela, Moussa Dembele, Vincent Janssen, Ben Davies, Toby Alderweireld and Christian Eriksen.

Also, Son Heung-Minplayed for South Korea despite a reported foot injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Slim pickings come Saturday...

Wanyama was subbed off at half time with an "unknown" injury and joins a list of injured stars for Spurs that reads as Dele Alli, Erik Lamela, Moussa Dembele, Vincent Janssen, Ben Davies, Toby Alderweireld and Christian Eriksen.

Also, Son Heung-Minplayed for South Korea despite a reported foot injury.

Jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Bloody Internationals..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

tippspur wrote: »
    Bloody Internationals..

Might not be as bad as it looks

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/799164754430488577

Some guy's man cave.

3A82713300000578-3948972-image-a-8_1479462203850.jpg

3A826F8600000578-3948972-image-a-10_1479462207638.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭Worztron

The sign above the door is a nice touch. :)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

maybe auld Stevie P could have done with a man cave...
    Cx3qdPpUoAA-9wh.jpg

maybe auld Stevie P could have done with a man cave...
    Cx3qdPpUoAA-9wh.jpg

Ah the essentials, hoovering and detailing a car. Is that a mannequin?

It's fupping weird, Perryman's perversions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭Glebee

Found myself looking back last night of old clips of goals Robbie Keane scored for Spurs. We really could do with a similar player to Robbie at the moment. Christ he did score some great goals though.

Overrated, never scores in big games, just in it for the money...sorry, just wanted to get those key words out of the way before we talk about Keane. Saves the rest of us having to defend him when he inevitably gets criticized by some people :P

I think we'd all take a Keane right now. Many a fond memory of his goals. His partnership with Berabov was as good as we've ever had.

Tottenham have introduced the most expensive season ticket in the country, with a top price of £18,000 for a seat at their new stadium, which is set to open at the start of the 2018-19 season at a cost of £400m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Tottenham have introduced the most expensive season ticket in the country, with a top price of £18,000 for a seat at their new stadium, which is set to open at the start of the 2018-19 season at a cost of £400m.
    Think I'll buy two:)

Well they've got to pay for Sissoko somehow don't they?!?! They should name the ticket after him.

Tottenham Hotspur have been drawn at home to Aston Villa in the third round of the FA Cup.

Villa are **** at the moment, so we should be winning that comfortably.

• Advertisement

This time last season our defence had conceded 11 goals. So far this season we've conceded 10. Alderweireld has missed 6 games.

Advertisement