Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Of course it's not, they left the EU, the EU is not EUROPE, never mind the fact that non European teams already participate in European club competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

Depp wrote: »
    this for real? havent seen it anywhere

Sorry. Could not resist. Its like something that would happe nto Spurs though..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭prodsc

Glebee wrote: »
    Sorry. Could not resist. Its like something that would happe nto Spurs though..:)

No we will get to CL final in 2 year+9 months time and then get Brexited as they leave on same day....thats the Spurs way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Is Joe Hart the most overrated goalie ever. I've seen him make a mistake similar to the second Iceland goal many times at this stage

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

He's certainly on the decline from his peak. If David Seaman is in goal there he saves it every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Martin567

Looking at England tonight, I was shocked at the lack of structure to the team. They finished with four strikers on the field and Deli Alli (not a central midfielder) & Jack Wilshere in central midfield.

Wayne Rooney started in central midfield and also looked completely out of position. They had several good players but most were filling completely different roles to those they fill for their clubs. I was sorry for Harry Kane being asked to take the frees and corners when he would normally be trying to get on the end of those for Spurs.

Ultimately Spurs weren't good enough to win the PL last season and a direct comparison with this England team is very easy seeing as 5 of the 11 players are the same. Loris is better than Hart, Alderweireld & Vertonghen are far better than Smalling & Cahill. Dembele is massively better than Rooney in central midfield while Erikson has far more ingenuity and intelligence than Sterling.

So Spurs, third in the PL and far from perfect , are actually far better than England and also have a proper structure to their team. Surely it must have been possible to find some sort of structure instead of the mess they had on the field tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hodgson hadn't a clue

They're saying that the England team is over-rated but look at their qualifying form. They won every single game they played. I think the only side in Europe to do so. Switzerland finished behind them and they barely lost their second round tie. I thought the players tonight looked scared. I'd say there's too much pressure on them.

And it doesn't help that Hart is a dodgy keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

The England fans booing Kane so aggressively was concerning.

The free kick shot on goal from 41 yards was an unwise decision to put it mildly. And even worse execution. In my opinion of course!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Ah the face on Wiltshire at the end, fúcking priceless.

Christ, England were very disappointing last night. Rooney has very poor but everyone else was only average at best.

Glebee wrote: »
    Christ, England were very disappointing last night. Rooney has very poor but everyone else was only average at best.

They were fúcking shíte, everyone last one of them. Anyone not selected, must had been laughing there ásses off poolside.

His use of subs was mental.

Hodgsons only tactical ploy was to keep throwing on strikers. He really is a shockingly bad manager

I thought Kane played well in general play except for the free kicks whihc were shocking. He was the only one linking the play with any fluidity

slegs wrote: »
    I thought Kane played well in general play except for the free kicks whihc were shocking. He was the only one linking the play with any fluidity

He was woeful. Whoever decided to put him on corners/free kicks duties should be shot.

Maybe his technique is jaw dropping in training, I've never witnessed him taking a free kick sweetly....EVER. I've seen a few go in off a deflection or poor goal keeping.

And he better stay well clear when he rejoins his club. The only place a striker should be is in the danger area.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    He was woeful. Whoever decided to put him on corners/free kicks duties should be shot.

Maybe his technique is jaw dropping in training, I've never witnessed him taking a free kick sweetly....EVER. I've seen a few go in off a deflection or poor goal keeping.

And he better stay well clear when he rejoins his club. The only place a striker should be is in the danger area.

I was thinking the same about kane and the free kick and corners. Do you not want him to be at the receiving end of the set piece???? madness to have him taking them, especially the corners

By the way English FA, im available for the job if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Vert out for 4 months according to Express .. Ankle ligament injury.😞

Levy Lover wrote: »
    Vert out for 4 months according to Express .. Ankle ligament injury.😞

That sucks, thankfully we have Wimmer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Time for wimmer to cement his place, he was epic and if anything we got worse after verts came back :/

• Advertisement

Pre Season.

Tottenham Hotspur

26 July: Juventus (ICC, Melbourne Cricket Ground)

29 July: Atletico Madrid (ICC, Melbourne Cricket Ground)

5 Aug: Inter Milan (Ullevaal Stadion)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Pre Season.

Tottenham Hotspur

26 July: Juventus (ICC, Melbourne Cricket Ground)

29 July: Atletico Madrid (ICC, Melbourne Cricket Ground)

5 Aug: Inter Milan (Ullevaal Stadion)

Travelling a total of 21,000 miles. The next largest is Chelsea at 13,000 miles. :eek:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-going-biggest-8363529?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Feel sorry for Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Travelling a total of 21,000 miles. The next largest is Chelsea at 13,000 miles. :eek:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-going-biggest-8363529?

They came to Australia last summer too. First time in 30 years and look at the season they had. I for one can't wait to go watch them at the MCG July 29th!

Kiith wrote: »
    Feel sorry for Lloris.

Apart from Lloris did not feel and any sympathy for France and in a way was shouting for Portugal. They have been knocking on the door a long time now in relation to winning a major trophy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

The other Moussa Dembele scored a hatrick for Celtic today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

It's a crap league and Rangers probably aren't back to full strength yet. I'd say it will take a season or two for them to become a force again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Former Director of Football Damien Comolli(2005-2008) on Levy:

Comolli: "Tottenham must be the club that has moved forward most in every respect in the last 15 years in Europe, and it's thanks to him."

Possibly looking to again occupy the vacant director of football position? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Wow, you'd think if he was going to come out with a statement like that, it'd at least be factually correct!! :D

Advertisement