Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Reports of Vertonghen damaging the same ankle, out for 10 weeks - the mystic rags report. Anyhoo, I hope we don't revert back to a back four. Injuries are part and parcel of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Saw that on BT Sport last night - up to 2 months out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Also, I hope Raul Bravo was watching Sky Sports on Monday night when Jamie Carragher was tearing him to shreds, saying he's not good enough for City for the league. An opposition keeper with a crisis of confidence would be nice going into our game with City this weekend! :D

Nicked it of Harry Hotspur

Screen-Shot-2017-01-19-at-11.57.31.png

Screen-Shot-2017-01-19-at-12.34.31.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Best of luck to ex Spur Ryan Mason,apparently he's in a bad way in hospital with a fractured scull and a bleed on the brain after a clash of heads with Gary Cahill in today's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just reading up on it. Hoping it was exaggerated for headline purposes it unfortunately not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

C2zb2RHXcAInYaS.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Mistakes v Man City

Lloris is one of the most reliable stoppers in the EPL, and his mistakes last weekend against City were the exception rather than the norm for the keeper.

With that in mind, Lloris made the following comments about his errors to RMC:

Unfortunately it happens. Fortunately this had no big influence on the result.

My teammates saved me this time. It’s part of the game. On a personal level, these are things that happen. You have to accept it, keep working and try to be decisive for the team.

On allowing Leroy Sane to score when he rushed out his goal but failing to connect with a header, Lloris said that if he was faced with the same situation tomorrow “I would react in the same way”.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Mistakes v Man City

Lloris is one of the most reliable stoppers in the EPL, and his mistakes last weekend against City were the exception rather than the norm for the keeper.

With that in mind, Lloris made the following comments about his errors to RMC:

Unfortunately it happens. Fortunately this had no big influence on the result.

My teammates saved me this time. It’s part of the game. On a personal level, these are things that happen. You have to accept it, keep working and try to be decisive for the team.

On allowing Leroy Sane to score when he rushed out his goal but failing to connect with a header, Lloris said that if he was faced with the same situation tomorrow “I would react in the same way”.

I love Lloris. He has saved our assess on various occasions so I am not worried/angry at all. I wish he stays here forever though. Great Pro and role model IMO.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    I love Lloris. He has saved our assess on various occasions so I am not worried/angry at all. I wish he stays here forever though. Great Pro and role model IMO.

Made a great save in the first half at full stretch. I share your sentiments.

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Made a great save in the first half at full stretch. I share your sentiments.

That was a Hollywood save if ever I saw one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

Lloris has done fantastically at Spurs -- the odd dodgy game/moments are allowable. And at just 30 -- Hugo has the best goalkeeping years ahead of him.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

That was a Hollywood save if ever I saw one.

I'm referring to the shot he saved from David Silva?

https://vimeo.com/200488348

I think you meant the header?

Sugarlumps wrote:
    I think you meant the header?

I did. Aguero I think it was.

Tottenham Hotspur ✔ @SpursOfficial
    TEAM NEWS: "Toby, Danny (knee) & @HKane (groin) are out. We don't want to take any risks but they'll hopefully be available for Tuesday."

"@JanVertonghen is much better but probably 3-4 weeks more. @ErikLamela will come back training with us tomorrow & we'll assess him again."

Resign...asap.

C3HDZKHW8AEkIji.jpg

Tottenham to assess Marcus Edwards ahead of possible first team return in FA Cup tie with Wycombe Wanderers

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-to-assess-marcus-edwards-ahead-of-possible-first-team-return-in-fa-cup-tie-with-wycombe-a3451021.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

TEAM NEWS: "Toby, Danny (knee) & @HKane (groin) are out. We don't want to take any risks but they'll hopefully be available for Tuesday."

"@JanVertonghen is much better but probably 3-4 weeks more. @ErikLamela will come back training with us tomorrow & we'll assess him again."

Hopefully Janseen will manage to score this time.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Hopefully Janseen will manage to score this time.

Gotta give him 90 minutes. Otherwise...

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

Vincent Janssen to score a hat trick or more vs Wycombe. ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Patww79 wrote: »

Could see a totally different player if he were to have a good game tomorrow. I haven't given up just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Last chance saloon for Janseen. No pressure so.
    Just stay in the fcuking box instead of coming off out the field.

Glebee wrote: »
    Last chance saloon for Janseen. No pressure so.
    Just stay in the fcuking box instead of coming off out the field.

There is though, we all expect him to score easily against lower opposition. I agree, stay the fudge in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

There is though, we all expect him to score easily against lower opposition. I agree, stay the fudge in the box.
    t

Even if he did score, he's not good enough yet for premier league. He may never be. Loan him out if possible n get a replacement. We cannot depend on him if anything happens to Harry.

What happens to our season if Harry gets injured next week? It's Fukn over.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    t

Even if he did score, he's not good enough yet for premier league. He may never be. Loan him out if possible n get a replacement. We cannot depend on him if anything happens to Harry.

What happens to our season if Harry gets injured next week? It's Fukn over.

I believe it's the hardiest position to fill. Even if they managed to secure a secondary striker, he's just playing back up to Kane.

If you're a good striker, you'd wanna play every week, unless your past it. Very difficult to find a rhythm and understanding with your team mates. Minutes on the pitch count, training not so much.

Can't realistically loan out a player of that value. I'm digging my heels in.

Batshuayi hasn't even got a look in, Martial has gone backwards under Mourinho. No such thing as a sure thang.

I think when I first saw Kane it was against Rovers. Didn't look anything special, took him a while to earn a starting place. And that's when he was scoring regularly in the Europa League.

I Still Believe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

The year of the Cockerel starts today,lets hope it brings us luck ;)

Advertisement