Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

FA Cup 3rd Round Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa

Sunday 16:00 BBC One

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭prodsc

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    FA Cup 3rd Round Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa

Sunday 16:00 BBC One

Ref: Mike Dean!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

Excellent win against Chelsea. And the Spurs go marching on!!!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Nice little piece on the 91 cup final by Gary Mabbutt on BBC 1 there during half time of the West ham - City game. Would love us to win the FA Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Patww79 wrote: »
    Really, would you not prefer us to win some silverware? Still the shortest route to a trophy i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Not at the expense of top four. Same goes for the Europa League.

Top 4 is not the be all and end all. I'd rather win some silverware, hopefully the Europa league, and qualify for the cl. I think we can mount a serious challenge there and keep up our title bid at the same time, and yes at this moment in time, its a title challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

There will be no title challenge if they go deep in the Europa and the FA Cup, they'll be out of puff again by March. CL qualification is money and stature for potential signings, which is the only way real progress can be made. Not with a tinpot trophy like the FA Cup.

This team needs to win something to get the hunger for success. Love to see us win it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Just like Wigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Would love to win the FA cup also,the game is about glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭golfball37

Not at the expense of top four. Same goes for the Europa League.

So we can get into a competition we didn't even bother competing in this year. We were a joke in the cl this season. Top four is only a trophy in arsene wengers head. I'd rather win FA cup or preferably Europa league

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

To compete in other competitions outside of premier league we need at least one more striker. We can't keep on flogging Harry without it costing him and de team. If there's no plan to buy another strike then we don't need them extra games.

I think Poch should use this to blood players n give some game-time to squad players. Cup games have their function.

I think Leicester proved by winning de league, without other distraction, what can be done when giving full effort to de league.

If we weren't in Europa n late stages of FA cup we would get more points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Vincent Janseen as much as I hate to admit it is a flop as a goal getter as what he was bought for. He holds the ball up great and spreads it around but after that...... bollix,
    Hes ment to be the man in the box to score the goals. Am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Glebee wrote: »
    Vincent Janseen as much as I hate to admit it is a flop as a goal getter as what he was bought for. He holds the ball up great and spreads it around but after that...... bollix,
    Hes ment to be the man in the box to score the goals. Am i missing something?

Nope I think you are right. Some players are late bloomers in the Premier League but Jansen does not seem good enough. In the limited time he's played hes been very poor at scoring, which is his main job. Even Soldado looked far better for all his struggles. We do need another striker, whether its from the youths or a purchase, its a must. I would love to be wrong about him.

I don't get how Vincent Janssen who was top scorer in the Dutch top-flight yet barely scores at all in the English PL - even vs poor opposition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_Eredivisie#Top_scorers

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Unfortunately he's had feck all delivery during his time up front, but on the odd occasion when he had been played in he's fluffed it.

What I've seen of him is a player who's had to do a lot of work he shouldn't need to be doing because others weren't playing the ball to him. It makes no sense to have a big and strong poacher chasing back after the ball to try to get to his operating position, so I'm not ready to write him off yet.

Hell probally score two today now.:)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Easy route to last 16 you'd have to say

Division 4 team at home. Nice!

I don't think we've ever played against Wycombe Wanderers before.

Surely even Vincent J. will score against them!

Remember that player, Erik lamela, what's happened with him?

Worztron wrote: »
    Division 4 team at home. Nice!

I don't think we've ever played against Wycombe Wanderers before.

Surely even Vincent J. will score against them!

I remember years ago I always used to do two soccer bets for years and years.
    1) Spurs to win the cup. 2) Wycombe to get promoted from what ever division they were in.
    Cant rememebr winning much:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Remember that player, Erik lamela, what's happened with him?

He's been injured since October. Last report on him was that he's in Roma, an old physio is treating him but Google just threw up this

http://www.90min.com/posts/4401185-mauricio-pochettino-sets-return-date-on-tottenham-forward-erik-lamela

Lloris: £10M
    Walker: £5M
    Vertonghen: £10M
    Alderweireld: £11.5M
    Rose: £850K

Total: £37.35M

Stones: £47.5M
    Bravo: £17.1M

Total: £64.6M

Tottenham have signed teenage midfielder Maximus Tainio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Tottenham have signed teenage midfielder Maximus Tainio.

I was just about to joke about Teemu and then I googled it and low and behold Maximus is his 15 year old son!

• Advertisement

I was just about to joke about Teemu and then I googled it and low and behold Maximus is his 15 year old son!

Great name.

Advertisement