Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Pochettino: "Toby will be in the squad tomorrow. We're happy. He's recovered well. Ben Davies will be available Thursday for selection."

Lamela: "We hope it's no too bad. We send our support. But he's still out for a couple of weeks."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Worztron

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Tottenham Hotspur have been drawn at home to Aston Villa in the third round of the FA Cup.

Should be an easy win. I predict 3-0 to Spurs.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Too early for 2017/2018 jersey mock-ups??

CzOSXq7WEAAvSUK.jpg

Are they done with Under Armour? Liked there clobber.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

They're all lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

aye, be sad to see em go aswel, the away kit from this year is my favourite in a while

Yeah, if rumours are to be believed, Nike will be the kit maker and the stadium sponsor.

Yeah, if rumours are to be believed, Nike will be the kit maker and the stadium sponsor.

All about the moula I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

At least the red is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Gent in Europa. I say go for it.

• Advertisement

Gent in Europa. I say go for it.

Shaktar put 5 goals past them twice in the EL group stages. We should be able to win this tie comfortably with a second string side.

Gent beat Valencia, Lyon & AVB's Zenit in last season's Champions League.

Nothing is easy when you're Tottenham.

Gent beat Valencia, Lyon & AVB's Zenit in last season's Champions League.

Nothing is easy when you're Tottenham.

They're 5th in the Belgian league. Behind a weak Club Brugge side that lost all 6 games in the CL this season.

Gent aren't what they used to be last year. Maybe they lost a lot of players?

They're 5th in the Belgian league. Behind a weak Club Brugge side that lost all 6 games in the CL this season.

Gent aren't what they used to be last year. Maybe they lost a lot of players?

I've no idea, but I'd take nothing for granted. We've been down this path multiple times and fluffed.

Gent director Michel Louwagie has described drawing Tottenham in the Europa League as the club’s “wet dream”.

Pochettino on Dembele "He will be out for tomorrow. We will see for Sunday but for sure, he will not be available against Hull. He got a kick in his foot and it is very painful now.

Meanwhile, Erik Lamela has been penciled in for his Tottenham comeback in the match at Southampton on December 28.

But Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino confirmed on Tuesday that Lamela has returned to the club’s Enfield training base and was working his way back to full fitness.

“He is in training and he is much better,” said Pochettino. “It’s normal that after a few days in Argentina he needs to train again and feel good again, so we need to assess him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anything less than 6 points over the next two home games and its a bit of a disaster really.

Glebee wrote: »
    Anything less than 6 points over the next two home games and its a bit of a disaster really.

Absolutely.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Probably horse shít. Good few papers reporting on our interest in Barkley? Never really thought too much of him myself, blows hot or cold. Still has youth on his side at 23, big unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

We need at least one creative player ASAP who can unlock tight defenses. I don't know who fits the bill. At present, we are doing feck all with the ball.

If I was Poch, I will definitely take a punt on Fekir or Tolisso or both. Lyons are struggling at the moment so it is right time to tempt them.

• Advertisement

On paper the starting eleven looks good, but it's not been clicking. Very flat and lumbersome, lots of possession. No penetration. Both full backs has done diddle squat of late. We need a penatrator! The Dane might decide to turn up tonight against shít opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

On paper the starting eleven looks good, but it's not been clicking. Very flat and lumbersome, lots of possession. No penetration. Both full backs has done diddle squat of late. We need a penatrator! The Dane might decide to turn up tonight against shít opposition.

he gets free pass because, he has no real competition in the team. We don't even have a proper back up for him. Let's see what he can do today.

09_09_09 wrote: »
    he gets free pass because, he has no real competition in the team. We don't even have a proper back up for him. Let's see what he can do today.

When he's good, he's good. He's not the only one though. In recent years the midfield have been contributing goals, not so much this season.

Free kicks of late have been off kilter. Hopefully he'll shut my big fat trap up tonight.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/13/tottenham-hotspur-paul-mitchell-recruitment-notice-period

Looks like the recruitment end of things isn't too pretty.

Paul Mitchell is seeing out a 16 month notice period and our Chief International Scout, Ina Broomfield, was not offered a new contract.

09_09_09 wrote: »

It's times like these that you wonder if Poch will throw Marcus Edwards into the fray. Could be the spark of imagination and youthful eagerness we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

I'd say if he wasn't injured he would have already featured. Didn't he travel with the squad for the CL game in Germany?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hugo with a new deal - now that's a quality piece of business :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38405634

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Great news about Hugo,brilliant keeper.

tippspur wrote: »
    Great news about Hugo,brilliant keeper.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Happy Christmas everyone.

Advertisement