Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

ziedth wrote: »
    Great point. Had forgotten that. It will feel strange shouting for City and United in the same weekend

Ya a bit like shouting for Arsenal n Hammers against Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

CglLBk9XEAAOXUZ.jpg:large

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If our defense was a **** as Utd's, maybe Lloris would be in there as well :pac:

I love Lloris, but he's distribution needs a lot of work.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Two players from the "big boys" and the fact that it's not really up for debate says it all really. Well done to our lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

The second name on my team sheet in the PL this season will always be Dembele.

Best midfielder in the league this season IMO. Easily better than Payet anyway.

irishmover wrote: »
    The second name on my team sheet in the PL this season will always be Dembele.

Best midfielder in the league this season IMO. Easily better than Payet anyway.

Took a while to find his natural position, being played out on the wing at the start of the season. Could easily been sold.

Seems to pick up a lot of niggly injuries, that would be my only concern.

He's a monster on his day, players bounce off him. Never been a prolific goal scorer.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Took a while to find his natural position, being played out on the wing at the start of the season. Could easily been sold.

Seems to pick up a lot of niggly injuries, that would be my only concern.

He's a monster on his day, players bounce off him. Never been a prolific goal scorer.

I'd say without Dembele we'd be about 10 points lower than we are now. If Dembele is playing and having a good game this Spurs side really flourish.

It's a sorry state of affairs for Arsenal fans at the moment. The only thing they've got to shout for is Leicester winning the league ahead of us.

I guess we could all feel sad at missing out on the league but I could think of alot worse things happening, like for example it being Arsenal in Leicesters position.

Look on the positive side I guess. First time in Wengers reign as Arsenal manager that we get to witness our Spurs side finish ahead of them in the league, whilst playing the sort of football that put Wenger on the map with Arsenal in the first place.

Here's hoping Pochettino can emulate Wenger's first 8 years at Arsenal with Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I see West Brom reverted to their usual shyte form today after busting their arses on Monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

tippspur wrote: »
    I see West Brom reverted to their usual shyte form today after busting their arses on Monday night.

In fairness, we hit the woodwork three times on Monday. It could have easily been us winning 3-0 against West Brom.

Net transfer spend of the top 6 in the Premier League over the last 5 years.

ChhKCcTWkAAFODB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That makes for very interesting reading. Even without the £90m for Bale, Spurs would still have spent less than Leicester over the last 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Good article, I think Leicester's figures are even better in this department.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

See Garth Bale scored against City there. Jesus can ya imagine if we could get him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

See Garth Bale scored against City there. Jesus can ya imagine if we could get him back.

More likely now than a year ago. We are going places now and if he was coming back we would definite be a likely option for him

We have first refusal if another premier league club make a bid and we match it within 48 hours. Then if that premier league club increase the offer Real still have to allow us to talk to Bale at the original bid.

Sneaky Levy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

We have first refusal if another premier league club make a bid and we match it within 48 hours. Then if that premier league club increase the offer Real still have to allow us to talk to Bale at the original bid.

Sneaky Levy.

Doubt Levy would pay the asking price! Great to see Modric and Bale in Real's team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Chi2_O9WYAUJkGn.jpg

• Advertisement

Dier at just 22 has been the rock in midfield.

Bentaleb, possible Carroll...shown the door in the summer.

42EDA71AF61339313722329620480_5b1cd4ad979.15.0.17005219400438766470.mp4.jpg?versionId=d.FFHCjF_gFQuu6X9QZzfYqnyaCwi7b2

What a nice bunch of people. The ironing from Chelsea fans about Spurs being dirty..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

I for one thought it was great for once to see a Spurs team kick lumps out of their opponents, even better that it was Chelsea. There I said it, Bo ho.

The Telegraph state Daniel Levy will not sell Spurs midfielder Dele Alli this summer, not even for £100M.

FA chairman Greg Dyke has revealed Spurs are close to a deal to play at Wembley for the 2017-18 season.

Fair play to Liverpool. Flying the English flag in Europe right now.

Glebee wrote: »
    I for one thought it was great for once to see a Spurs team kick lumps out of their opponents, even better that it was Chelsea. There I said it, Bo ho.

Completely agree. So many non Spurs fans came up to me asking if I was disappointed. I said "he'll no, I was delighted".

We didn't throw away the league at Stamford Bridge. Though we did show the rest of the league that we're not typical old soft Spurs anymore.

Fair play to Liverpool. Flying the English flag in Europe right now.

It's a pity really city got.knocked out because people would be very very nervous of that 4th spot now and it would add a bit of Drama for the end of the season now the league is gone.

Having 5 teams in the champions league will most probably help the coefficient too.

It's a pity really city got.knocked out because people would be very very nervous of that 4th spot now and it would add a bit of Drama for the end of the season now the league is gone.

Added drama but at least now City have more to play for against Arsenal. If City beat Arsenal we should be good for 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I might be wrong here but say we win our last two and city win their last two which leaves the prem 1-2-3-4 Leicester, Us, City, Arsenal, then liverpool go on to beat sevilla, am I right in assuming its only 1,2,3 and liverpool that go on to the champions league next year?

Advertisement