Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Depp wrote: »
    I might be wrong here but say we win our last two and city win their last two which leaves the prem 1-2-3-4 Leicester, Us, City, Arsenal, then liverpool go on to beat sevilla, am I right in assuming its only 1,2,3 and liverpool that go on to the champions league next year?

Nope, the Europa league winners are set aside as a separate entry. The top 4 in England will still get in. If say Chelsea had won the UCL then 4th place would have missed out as the most any country can have is 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

great to see john terry captain ,leader, ****, ending his dirtball plastic career in glory today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

davycc wrote: »
    great to see john terry captain ,leader, ****, ending his dirtball plastic career in glory today

couldnt have happened to a nicer lad!

vardy just missed a peno for his hatrick v everton to bring him level with kane:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

how i wish this was photoshoped...
    CiHF-muXEAATnKy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

In fairness, he was probably just telling Fergie that he doesn't want any of the United players. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Saw on Arsebook that ESPN have reported that Spurs have said they knew about this social meeting between SAF and Perez and Poch. That there is mutual admiration from both sides. Nothing in it.

Found the link
    http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hotspur/story/2868968/mauricio-pochettino-and-sir-alex-ferguson-met-with-tottenhams-blessing-sources

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sure he's on the verge of signing a new contract, isn't he? Verbally agreed? I know that means nothing really but he wouldn't have announced or spoken about it if it didn't mean something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Nothing to worry about I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

I have a bad feeling..

• Advertisement

If he wants to go let him go. Don't need to beg someone to stay at our great club.

Deisler wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling..
    If he wants to go let him go. Don't need to beg someone to stay at our great club.

Ah seriously, stop even considering it.

Why go to a club and play Europa League after working so hard to develop a team to challenge for the title and qualify for the Champions League.

It wouldn't show much ambition for him to go back to where he was two years ago.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

He'd be mad wouldn't he? I wouldn't really blame him given the profile of united and that but to take a team that really is still only finding it's feet to at least third and potentially runners up would you not say to yourself I should have one more go at this.

Of course he's no fool either it is going to be a 5 or 6 team league next year even ignoring the likes of Leicester,West Ham and Southampton who you obviously can't write off anymore.

CL or not they are still one of the biggest teams in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

So he makes no indication of leaving Spurs anytime soon. Mentions that he's signing a new contract. Says he's happy.. Looking towards next season..

Then has a lunch with Alex Ferguson and people assume he's going to United?

He's not going anywhere anytime soon the media just blew this up like they always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Getting him and his assistant the best deal possible is all. Deserves it too. I heard his agent picked up the cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bassong’s updated CV:

‘06: Relegated
    ‘08: Relegated
    ‘09: Relegated
    ‘12: Relegated
    ‘14: Relegated
    ‘16: Relegated

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Deisler wrote: »
    I have a bad feeling..

Contract extension signed:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36275890

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Bassong’s updated CV:

Haha, I wonder whether that record will stop him getting a job with yet another PL team next season? Unlikely! :D

SuprSi wrote: »
    Haha, I wonder whether that record will stop him getting a job with yet another PL team next season? Unlikely! :D

Somebody put a hex on him for sure.

Nacer Chadli has not been selected for Belgium’s Euro 2016 squad.

Standby list. Gotta suck...

• Advertisement

Nacer Chadli has not been selected for Belgium’s Euro 2016 squad.

Standby list. Gotta suck...

I'd say many a country is envious of that standby list. Chadli started the season well but injury cost him his place in the team and his place in the Euro 2016 squad.

I'd say many a country is envious of that standby list. Chadli started the season well but injury cost him his place in the team and his place in the Euro 2016 squad.

Mirallas didn't make it either. I've a soft spot for Chadli.

Bassong’s updated CV:

There's no chance of the Arse signing him is there? He is French y'know!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

Chadli didn't make Belgium squad for Euros...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

congrats to deli alli winning the bbc motd goal of the season and the sky sports goal of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

See Fazio picked up another winners medal last night!

mushykeogh wrote: »
    See Fazio picked up another winners medal last night!

Legend, better him than that lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

The gift that keeps on giving ...Liverpool FC

No sign of Lucky Lloyd in here today. He was very giddy in here last sunday!!!!

• Advertisement

Fúck them, it was scouse central last night. From Souness, to Owen thinking only Barca & Real are the only other clubs bigger than themselves.

Deluded club.

Advertisement