Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Fúck them, it was scouse central last night. From Souness, to Owen thinking only Barca & Real are the only other clubs bigger than themselves.

Deluded club.

Listening to Owen and Mcmanaman harping on about barca and real being the only clubs that players would pick this summer over Liverpool.

Chri$t they deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

CivlpsHUkAEXz_F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Levy Lover wrote: »
    Listening to Owen and Mcmanaman harping on about barca and real being the only clubs that players would pick this summer over Liverpool.

Chri$t they deluded.
    Did they really say that? ffs unreal.

Don't think it's as bad as first thought thankfully.

• Advertisement

tippspur wrote: »
    Don't think it's as bad as first thought thankfully.

Good news. The man's the epitome of health. And a fúcking legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Heat exhaustion it looks like.

Quadruple heart bypass operation.

Serious enough then,speedy recover to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

had some time to get over the disappointment of last week but overall Im delighted with this season, despite the last few weeks we performed fantastically all year with such a young squad and even better, ''We are in Champions League Man! Dilly Ding Dilly Dong!''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Andrew G

Greetings! My name is Andrew and I am a Spurs fan from the United States. I have been reading your board for about a month and you guys have a great community here so I wanted to ask some advice from some fellow THFC supporters.

My wife and I will be in Ireland in June as part of a European vacation. We travel to London 7 June - 13 June, Ghent (with day trips around Belgium) 14 June - 19 June, Galway 20 June - 22 June, and Dublin 23 June - 25 June.

Since we have both become huge fans of Spurs (and European football in general), it would have been fantastic to make the trip during the EPL season and see the lads play at White Hart Lane. My wife is a teacher, however, and an extended holiday during her school year is out of the question. We are excited that the Euro 2016 tournament is taking place while we are over, though, and we are looking forward to going out to watch the Euros in each of the countries we visit, rooting for the local teams and also rooting for our favorite Spurs.

In London we will probably make our way out to the Antwerp Arms, the Volunteer, or the Bricklayers for England vs Russia and maybe for Belgium vs Italy, as well. I am afraid that the English are pretty down on their team, so I am not sure how great the atmosphere will be for that first one.

Belgium, on the other hand looks to be a lot of fun. We will be day tripping to Antwerp on 18 June and the city is holding a street party for the Red Devils vs Ireland. It should be a great experience chanting Mousa Dembele with a bunch of flemish fans.

The group stage will be almost complete when we get to Galway but it would be great if Ireland still had a chance to play in the Knockout round. On 22 June both Ireland and Belgium play at 20:00, I know Galway is full of great pubs but I would love a recommendation from some fellow THFC supporters. Also, on the off chance England win their group or Belgium or Ireland place 3rd and qualify, the round of 16 fixtures are 25 June, would it be worthwhile head to the Mayes Pub to watch those?

Thanks in advance. COYS!

The Times report Spurs have agreed a £25M-a-year deal with Nike to be their new kit manufacturer from 2017.

The Times expect Spurs to announce today that they will play their Champions League matches at Wembley next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

The Times report Spurs have agreed a £25M-a-year deal with Nike to be their new kit manufacturer from 2017.

The Times expect Spurs to announce today that they will play their Champions League matches at Wembley next season.

That's over half as much as Chelsea's deal. Pretty poor considering that Levy has agreed for NFL games (major sponsor is Nike) to come to the new stadium and many expecting Nike to get naming rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Anyone think Koeman to Everton is a bit of a strange one?. Unless everton are giving him some serious funds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Anyone think Koeman to Everton is a bit of a strange one?. Unless everton are giving him some serious funds.

They could do now they have new owners

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's a strange one for him, but perhaps it's a sign of the role Southampton are taking? What I mean is that maybe the ambition to achieve isn't there right now and instead they're going to take a slow and steady approach to building their club. Which makes sense, given how well they did for one season only to lose half their squad and management team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

deconstruction begins...
    image.jpeg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Nice to watch half the Spurs team play for England now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Eric Dier with a free kick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

By all accounts Lamela is having a good tournament in the Copa.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

By all accounts Lamela is having a good tournament in the Copa.

https://streamable.com/o6cl

Erik's free kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

09_09_09 wrote: »
    https://streamable.com/o6cl

Erik's free kick.

Hardly a 35 yard screamer. Lucky deflection of the wall.. They all count though i suppose

From watching England, only Dier has come out looking good so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

From watching England, only Dier has come out looking good so far.

I wouldn't agree with that. Walker has been excellent, and Rose has also looked good.

Kane and Ali haven't been great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Kiith wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree with that. Walker has been excellent, and Rose has also looked good.

Kane and Alli looked very tired to me. Overplayed and need rest.

Kiith wrote: »

No end product from Walker. If it weren't for his pace he'd be obsolete.

Rose can at least produce a cross, now and then.

The English team is like watching Utd under LVG.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

#come on you boys in green! stick it up yer bollock5 ye cheating greasers with yer bribed ref/

we play france sunday- hope hugo boss has a bad game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Glebee

Breaking News
    All english teams are been removed from all next seasons european club competitions......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Glebee wrote: »
    Breaking News
    All english teams are been removed from all next seasons european club competitions......

this for real? havent seen it anywhere

Advertisement