Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-topic thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Vertonghen & Chadli.

_89220868_chadli_twitter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

The Premier League has removed referee Kevin Friend from taking charge of the Stoke v Tottenham match because he is a Leicester fan

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

irishmover wrote: »
    The Premier League has removed referee Kevin Friend from taking charge of the Stoke v Tottenham match because he is a Leicester fan

It's a bit ridiculous don't you think? They either trust him to do the job or not no?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Even if he did ref the game perfectly well, as soon as a decision that Spurs fans don't like happens, he'd be accused of being biased. It's easier for everyone involved to remove him from the game.

Plus, it can't be easy to be fully impartial when it's your own team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

It's the right decision, good to see they're taking note of possible issues like this

• Advertisement

Exactly as was said. He'd be under too much scrutiny so best to pull him out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Can probably go too much the other way too. I half remember a good few years ago Ireland were on for a six nations on points difference and France scored a last ditch try that went up to the video Ref who happened to be Irish. If I remember right quite a few said that it shouldn't be given and that he only gave it because of the fact he'd be accused of helping Ireland if he didn't award it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

So Liverpool are able to topple the might of Dortmond. makes you wonder if we could have if we played our first team:(

It probably helped too that Liverpool's manager knew the Dortmund team inside out. I believe the majority of the team are his signings still.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

west ham hit both posts from a header and the ball rolls back into schmiechels arms.. .
    vardy catches out a sloppy hammers back line 1 nil just our luck:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

It's not our years lads.

Another 1-0 written all over it.

Smash and grab job

smash and grab is right vardy scored with liescters only shot on target of the 1st half

vardy sent off for a comical dive! plenty of time for a west ham comeback

peno at last for west ham for pulling in the box. andy carroll goal machine buries it!

2-1 west ham with a wonder goal!

strange one today ade starts on the bench at arse v palace .. fingers crossed the greedy camel washer will come back to haunt them

arse 1 up and all over palace in 1st half

1-1 ! come on palace we want2

davycc wrote: »
    1-1 ! come on palace we want2

It's perfect, now we need to beat stoke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Could have been better but Leicester n gooners drawing is a good day in my book. Beat Stoke mananna and it's all bien.

• Advertisement

what a tool:D almost feel sorry for the cnut :pac:

I wouldn't go that far

Ade on Arsenal fans booing:

"I think it's because they know I'm better then their strikers"

I know I know he's poison to the core but by god I got a good laugh out of that one. It's almost something you'd hear out of Zlatan

Not sure if people remember me saying this but about 10 years ago I got a Spurs tattoo on my left upper arm.

Have been planning for months that if we manage to do the impossible and take the title I'll be adding '61-'16 to it.

aguero puts city 1 up at newcastle.... was miles offside too ffs..

aguero puts city 1 up at newcastle.... was miles offside too ffs..

To be honest it might work in our favour if Newcastle are down by the time we play them.

ziedth wrote: »
    To be honest it might work in our favour if Newcastle are down by the time we play them.

i hope so too but no harm for our run-in if city only draw tonight:pac:

1-1 at HT :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

With City n gooners still to play each other it makes champions league looksafe.

• Advertisement

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    With City n gooners still to play each other it makes champions league looksafe.

Great point. Had forgotten that. It will feel strange shouting for City and United in the same weekend

Advertisement