Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The EU Outland thread!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Bitchin'

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

fiinch wrote: »
    it looks fairly easy tbh i've pugged it on my undergeared druid so can't imagine it would be too hard on mains, anyone with a sub still active looking for a bit the "banter/abuse of yore"

Currently a 10% nerf on bosses. Quite a number of PUGs on our server going 4/8 HC at this point in 10m.....

And the 15% nerf is coming end of month probably.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

hey guys, so me, Dan and Leigh were just having a chat there about trying to get a pug organised sometime this week for running DS10, i know most of you are still playing swtor but have some kind of an interest in seeing DS, it looks fairly easy tbh i've pugged it on my undergeared druid so can't imagine it would be too hard on mains, anyone with a sub still active looking for a bit the "banter/abuse of yore"

any of you ladies have an interest in powering through it one night sometime soon? Steve, Ant, Rooney, PAULPOWER etc?

Lee hickey if you're not too busy abusing me on chat a 5am?

boom, get at us

Let me know how you guys get on, if you need a healer i can pull my resto druid from Draenor and bring him over. Hes currenty 396-397 geared so should be no competition for gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Calhoun wrote: »
    Let me know how you guys get on, if you need a healer i can pull my resto druid from Draenor and bring him over. Hes currenty 396-397 geared so should be no competition for gear.

Pity they dont have cross realm raiding for DS yet :P

Shougeki wrote: »
    Pity they dont have cross realm raiding for DS yet :P

Yah but i guess i dont mind, doomhammer is dying so i moved to Draenor but as im hanging around outland on some chars i might as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Started Wow again a month or so back, playing Horde side on Outland. Usually on my hunter Pilin or my warrior Roax. Will be doing a good bit of gearing my hunter and prob some pvp on the warrior if anyone is up for it.

Also will be looking arena partners for MoP if we have any good pvpers about ^^

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Tempted to get back playing again. Stopped playing just before Cata came out due to exams and other stuff. Is there a boards guild at all, and do you raid/pvp/etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Nope. None of the above!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

I was thinking of throwing a horde guild together, would anyone be interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

there's a horde guild on Kilrogg called Saoirse that seems be active enough, i was levelling a warrior there till Diablo3 came out and took over.

think most people on outland are Alliance (and we're all playing D3 atm) and the lads on horde are unlikely to want to leave their guild for a new one.

doubt there would even be enough Irish people around to put together a ten man but if you really want to then good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

doubt there would even be enough Irish people around to put together a ten man but if you really want to then good luck!

True Enough, Id be happy to move one of my Priests to Horde and move server.. But im sure if you post something about starting an Irish guild on Mmo-champion or even on the wow Forums, youd probly get a few responses...

think most people on outland are Alliance (and we're all playing D3 atm) and the lads on horde are unlikely to want to leave their guild for a new one.

Only Irish Horde on Outland I know off are myself, Darkener (usually with some weird symbols on his name) and a rogue called Ninjacoll.

I dont think you would have much success setting up a raiding guild at this stage in the expansion to be honest, with MoP around the corner raiding is going to die off for a while.

NiallFH wrote: »
    Only Irish Horde on Outland I know off are myself, Darkener (usually with some weird symbols on his name) and a rogue called Ninjacoll.

I dont think you would have much success setting up a raiding guild at this stage in the expansion to be honest, with MoP around the corner raiding is going to die off for a while.

Epic symbols you mean

Calhoun wrote: »
    Epic symbols you mean

No, pain in the god damn ass symbols is what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Just started playing two weeks ago might look at moving to outland.
    Any decent boards guilds knocking around?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kavsmdf

So.... who's going to be back playing then..? :)

Going to pop on myself I think for a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

kavsmdf wrote: »
    So.... who's going to be back playing then..? :)

Going to pop on myself I think for a look!

Went on last night to organise talents and action bars
    And then removed my addons to keep it minimal.

Very impressed with my Warlock :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

deconduo wrote: »
    Tempted to get back playing again. Stopped playing just before Cata came out due to exams and other stuff. Is there a boards guild at all, and do you raid/pvp/etc.

well well well :D
    do the majority of you guys just play on outland eu? or do you have characters on other eu realms? looking for a raiding guild for when MoP comes out on either Anachronos or Kilrogg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Most stuff is gonig cross realm to be fair.

I think we will be at a point where maybe we can just have a battletag thread with all our ID's and then just grab people for dungeons and casual raiding etc.

I dont think I've done a dungeon with anyone other then cross realm in AGES

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Got MoP, ain't got time to play it really until after this weekend. Had a few hours spare this evening so joined the queue at 5.15 with 4206 people ahead of me. It's now 4 and a half hours later and I still have 400 people ahead of me, ETA is 7 mins though. Good thing I ain't in a rush to play it eh!

For the life of me though I cannot understand how they haven't managed to increase the capacity on servers after all these years.

edit: looks like the 7 mins countdown was fairly spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

witless1 wrote: »
    edit: looks like the 7 mins countdown was fairly spot on.

Great! Then my 720 min countdown will be great fun.

I joined the queue at 1 o'clock, number 2100. Not bad I thought, I'm in it 3 hours and still have 850 people in front of me. ETA is another 90 mins or so. That will be roughly the same length it took to service a 4k queue the other day, people just aren't logging off at weekends.

The FCMs are really looking tempting, particularly with the real ID allowing me raid / instance with any mates on Outland.

I joined the queue at 1 o'clock, number 2100. Not bad I thought, I'm in it 3 hours and still have 850 people in front of me. ETA is another 90 mins or so. That will be roughly the same length it took to service a 4k queue the other day, people just aren't logging off at weekends.

The FCMs are really looking tempting, particularly with the real ID allowing me raid / instance with any mates on Outland.

If you do FCM, you can wait until things die down and then move back. Let me know if ya do it and ill move my main as im currently off server.

Just looked at the FCM realms. All low pop and some faction balance issues, one is very heavy horde pop. I know they are trying to bring up the population on these realms but they should seriously re-examine the whole server layouts. Merge a few ghost realms and give full pop servers an option to transfer to others with healthy balances. I think the realms on offer at the moment were offered a few times in the past, at least now the tech is there for proper cross realm interactions. After the 4th passes they will offer another FCM (done it last expansion) hopefully the realm choices improve. I should be online early enough for the next few days so hopefully will avoid the queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Merge a few ghost realms and give full pop servers an option to transfer to others with healthy balances. I think the realms on offer at the moment were offered a few times in the past, at least now the tech is there for proper cross realm interactions.

But that means less money for blizz, so it wont happen :)

nix wrote: »
    But that means less money for blizz, so it wont happen :)

Ah yeah that's exactly it. Just annoys me when you consider the subscription model they have and the really low concurrency they can handle. Queue just popped, 4 and a half hours later!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah yesterday was the same for me, woke up early today and got in without a que though.. Pain in the arse though, id free migrate if i wasnt gonna be dropped into one of their ****ty ghost town servers..

Advertisement