Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The EU Outland thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Burgerman1 wrote: »
    well if you lads are ever recruiting throw a post up here, i'd be interested in applying if you come back :)

I'd say the small hope will be mists of pandaria.

Cataclysm was a pretty poor expansion and finally made us all go look at other things, with a bit of luck MOP brings some fun and addiction back into the fray to keep us itnerested.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Down with that sorta thing!!! Say NO to Pandas !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

Finch* wrote: »
    i'm down for the all irish guild but last time we tried that it failed? i'd follow sam anywhere though

so i got an email offering me seven days free, i'm considering it. nothing serious just to kill a bit of time in the evenings and have a laugh on vent since i sorted out my life and all. anybody still playing on outland or are we all still playing SWOTR waiting on pandas? SAMMYCOOGAN!??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is that 7 days free email legit? Saw it earlier but i figured it was junk as usual.

seems legit yeah, blizzard.com email address, had my name from account details and links to actual blizz website. plus the free time shows up on my account page, to which i had forgotten the password to and had top reset ha.

there is actually a fake email going around with the same content of the real one though so just be careful if you're clickign on anythign and check where it re-directs to, or do what i did and just login to your battle.net account

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

fiinch wrote: »
    seems legit yeah, blizzard.com email address, had my name from account details and links to actual blizz website. plus the free time shows up on my account page, to which i had forgotten the password to and had top reset ha.

there is actually a fake email going around with the same content of the real one though so just be careful if you're clickign on anythign and check where it re-directs to, or do what i did and just login to your battle.net account

The one i got isn't legit i think. The 'Play for Free' button links to us.battle.net.us-forums-worldofwarcraft-wow-xml.com which is dodgy as hell. A well made fake, but fake none the less.

Checked the actual account management page, and theres nothing there about free time.

yeah that's definately fake then, unlucky! think i should probably install wow again before i accept the 7 day trial seeing as it will take ages to download all the updates and whatnot.

yeah that's definately fake then, unlucky! think i should probably install wow again before i accept the 7 day trial seeing as it will take ages to download all the updates and whatnot.

When are you just going to accept you need to play wow for the rest of your life

srsly

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

DOWN WITH THAT SORTA THING!!!

did you ever figure out what the hit cap was dan?

• Advertisement

What are ye thinking finch?

i'll be honest Ro, i don't know. i went off gaming completely but since i'm a single man now (sniff) i could probably use a night or two a week of some mindless grind. also dan what's the mumble details i'll pop on say hi if my mic is still working

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Thats Bitchin' Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

ah good times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rightyshu

wow, blizz really are desperate to get some people back... cata was a brutal expansion, to play, pandaland wont be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nialinius

Wotlk was the best expansion, there was so much new content. That's probably why Cata was a dissapointment as there was so much focus on on the low level zones and not alot on the high level content.

Can only hope there's more in Pandaria but I doubt it, sounds like they've run out of lore.

Also Outland (EU) FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rightyshu

Nialinius wrote: »
    Wotlk was the best expansion, there was so much new content. That's probably why Cata was a dissapointment as there was so much focus on on the low level zones and not alot on the high level content.

Can only hope there's more in Pandaria but I doubt it, sounds like they've run out of lore.

Also Outland (EU) FTW!
    Wotlk was decent fun, but sunwell was just majestic... Wpvp existed, all was right with wow, i got 3 chars on an account 85's priest mage druid i'd be willing to let go if anyone wants, blizz just gave the a/c a weeks gametime, not sure if the hackers that had it before i reclaimed it left anything..

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Rightyshu wrote: »
    Wotlk was decent fun, but sunwell was just majestic... Wpvp existed, all was right with wow

WPVP existed for about a month until every PVE focused player had their rep and dailys completed and no longer needed to visit the zone. Even then it was ganking rather then engaging 1 vs 1 more often then not I was killed when dealing with a mob. After the bulk of PVE players moved out it was sniping on the fringes in the hopes you ganked someone or lured them into attacking you near guards. It's funny that pretty much the same thing happened with the Firelands dailys (minus the guards)! I went there the other day as I never finished out the series of quests and found 1 person from the opposite faction, killed him three times and he just stayed in the safe zone until I finished my quests and went on. The difference with the firelands daily zone was a lot more PVE players engaged in PVP. I'm assuming its a gear thing in that they weren't 2 shot so stood a chance or just experience from past WPVP or just like me who would engage for the craic. Either way I think Blizzard could be onto a winner with this style zone particularly as the percentage of PVE players that accept WPVP is going to be present is on the rise, ya can see that through people LFG for dailys when the opposite faction are ganking a lot. If Blizzard find a way to make it relevant to PVE & PVP to the point that you want to come back there over a prolonged period of time it could satisfy the WPVP community. It has to be done in such a way that you won't get massive PVE QQ that they are getting ganked too much as that is a real possibility which would lead to nerfs or changes and that would destroy the concept. Tough one to balance to say the least!

Have to agree though that Sunwell patch was a great release though from a progression point of view and just generally things to do. It was hardmode raiding without the title but the amount of guilds that still struggled in BT up until the pre-Wrath patch was silly. I only got to see 3 bosses in Sunwell and got 2 weeks of raiding in on all 3, felt like I missed out on an epic instance and I am sure others were the same.

yeah i only started playing wow towards the end of BC and after going back to see the raids during wotlk they just looked amazing, can't comment on how difficult they were but i really wish i'd been playing so i could have seen the likes of karazhan and sunwell. Call of the crusade / the argent tournament was the worst raid in wotlk but i really enjoyed icecrown and ulduar.

just recently started playing again and this LFR feature is great but now it's going to be hard to get into a normal mode raid unless i have full LFR gear instead of just full JP gear, one more grind to make before hitting requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

just recently started playing again and this LFR feature is great but now it's going to be hard to get into a normal mode raid unless i have full LFR gear instead of just full JP gear, one more grind to make before hitting requirements

Not really. The LFR gear isnt that much better than Firelands gear (Mostly 378 v 384), and with the 10% buff you could do it in less.

That being said, im kinda sick of it atm. Only log in really for raids on my rogue, dont biother with any alt runs, cba leveling a new toon, and just really not interested. SWTOR had my interest for a while, but its too much of a single player game with multiplayer bolted on whenneeded imo.

Im hoping they do something really drastic and make it good again with MoP, but unfortunately, I dont think they will. I dont think there is much left for them to freshen the game with.

However if that isnt the case, i will be pleaseantly surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Shougeki wrote: »
    Not really. The LFR gear isnt that much better than Firelands gear (Mostly 378 v 379), and with the 10% buff you could do it in less.

Is it not, HC Dungeon = 378, LFR = 384, Normal Raid = 397, HC= 397 + (not sure exactly).

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Calhoun wrote: »
    Is it not, HC Dungeon = 378, LFR = 384, Normal Raid = 397, HC= 397 + (not sure exactly).

Teaches me to write when on the phone.

FL & HC Dungeons = 378

HC DS = 410 , 416 for Legendary Daggers & Deathwing Weapons & some trinkets (from spine i believe)...

Edited my original post to what i actually mmeant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Finch, best cs player in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Asc

so i got an email offering me seven days free, i'm considering it. nothing serious just to kill a bit of time in the evenings and have a laugh on vent since i sorted out my life and all. anybody still playing on outland or are we all still playing SWOTR waiting on pandas? SAMMYCOOGAN!??

Good lord, I know Sam Coogan, the Cork hero!?

Eesh, midst rolling a character on Outland but the queue is 1k+, didn't think this still happened on servers, omai!

i'm pretty sure samc is the best CS player in Ireland, i was riding his glorious coat tails.

yeah 15min queue but that's not too bad if you do all your facebooking/browsing while you wait

I'm not sure how I feel about that at all, to be honest. He is the beer swilling, phone losing vagrant, beloved Sam in my head forever. Ha.

Pretty much everyone is moving to outland these days, just have to look at official forums to see guilds moving over, its probably the most competitive pve sevrer now.

Will be a nightmare on MOP for sure. I logged on Wednesday for a 40 min Q

However its worthwhile when you get pretty fast Q's instanst LFR's etc and a **** ton of PUGs

And realistictly if you cant log into wow from your phone your just no modern enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭bombs away

TheDoc wrote: »
    **** ton of PUGs

Is that Alliance or Horde Side?

• Advertisement

hey guys, so me, Dan and Leigh were just having a chat there about trying to get a pug organised sometime this week for running DS10, i know most of you are still playing swtor but have some kind of an interest in seeing DS, it looks fairly easy tbh i've pugged it on my undergeared druid so can't imagine it would be too hard on mains, anyone with a sub still active looking for a bit the "banter/abuse of yore"

any of you ladies have an interest in powering through it one night sometime soon? Steve, Ant, Rooney, PAULPOWER etc?

Lee hickey if you're not too busy abusing me on chat a 5am?

boom, get at us

Advertisement