Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Tax and Insurance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

flickerx wrote: »
    3008179241_937e1f545e_o.jpg

picard_finger.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

animated-finger.gif
    teehee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Disky

kenmc wrote: »
    Will you feel better if we all agree with you, or are you just looking for an argument?

That depends, what if I told you I was a Guard.

You would agree with everything I said, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Disky wrote:
    Do you think tax and mandatory insurance should be introduced for bicycles Disky? Hard to see the point of your post beyond having a bit of a troll on a Friday TBH.

If you actually did a search you would see there was a 19 page thread on this very question where the general consensus was "no."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

2400009126_d28cdd5400.jpg
    Disky wrote: »
    How long before tax and insurance is required for riding a bicycle??

I get the impresson that most posters here would welcome such a development, a lot of people on high horses.
    You think not? I will wager you €50 that a tax will be brought in within the next 5 years.
    Well, I read through a thread on some fella getting a summons for breaking a traffic light. Most people seemed to think that the death penalty was an option...... Applying that worldview to this situation I then drew my conclusion highlighted aove.
    So you think a licence should be introduced?? Maybe they could appeal to the snobs by including how many hours of Eurosport you watch every summer, or even the amount you have splashed on some carbon frame to save 500 grams, vital when you are hauling 17st up some hill.

Lets face it, there are people who ride a bicycle and then there are CYCLISTS. Lets get that straight, I basically think all non CYCLISTS should be put off the road.

Arrest Daddy?

2400009126_d28cdd5400.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

double-facepalm.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

hairisabird.jpg

animated-finger.gif
    teehee!

But this revenue could be used to provide hospital beds.

Are you seriously suggesting that you would prefer children to lie in toilets?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/heal-our-hospitals/5412458/Row-as-terminally-ill-woman-given-bed-in-hospital-bathroom.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

vgcourtevidence1684263.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

So you think a licence should be introduced?? Maybe they could appeal to the snobs by including how many hours of Eurosport you watch every summer, or even the amount you have splashed on some carbon frame to save 500 grams, vital when you are hauling 17st up some hill.

Lets face it, there are people who ride a bicycle and then there are CYCLISTS. Lets get that straight, I basically think all non CYCLISTS should be put off the road.

Arrest Daddy?

No. this is the way it would work.

Guard stops 4 year old on pink fixie and demands to see licence and prooof of insurance.

4 year old looks at Guard

Guard asks four year old for name and address

4 Year old gives name, can't for the life of her remember address

Guard suspects said cyclist is operating a pedal cycle without tax or insurance and confiscates bike under Section 108 of the RTA 1961 using force if necessary

Editorial appears in local paper condemning parents for the delinquency of their 4 year old kids

Guard gets promoted

Money raised gets us out of the recession!

• Advertisement

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/heal-our-hospitals/5412458/Row-as-terminally-ill-woman-given-bed-in-hospital-bathroom.html
    Thats in Liverpool, so our tax would not help at all, seeing as it's a different country.

main.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

el tonto wrote: »
    World's longest sausage:

Cake, Sausage and Coke, who is bringing the beer?

I'd say you are exactly what's to be expected coming out of Templemore and are undoubtedly on course to be Commissioner some day.......

blorg wrote: »
    Do you think tax and mandatory insurance should be introduced for bicycles Disky?

Of course not. And I don't think that cyclists should be summoned for breaking a light, or for not having a light at night.

You see I am not one of these little Hitler types that seem to swarm all over this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

tunney wrote: »
    Think its going to rain tomorrow.

That 180km TT is going to be fun. Maybe you should do it in a wetsuit.

Of course not. And I don't think that cyclists should be summoned for breaking a light, or for not having a light at night.

You see I am not one of these little Hitler types that seem to swarm all over this forum.

hitler-zap-1.png

Well in that case you're not allowed in here.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

little_hitler.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

little_hitler.jpg

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

tonto's fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

niceonetom wrote: »
    little_hitler.jpg

Sorry Tom, too slow...

SNAP!

@niceonetom. You'll never beat me in a sprint if you keep that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Fcuk sake GODWIN's law in only a few posts, wow. Is that a cycling forum record?

Jawgap wrote: »
    I'd say you are exactly what's to be expected coming out of Templemore and are undoubtedly on course to be Commissioner some day.......

How dare you mock my post. I am a GARDA.

I say whats what. I demand respect. I think a new law should be introduced;

the "this person refused to grovel" rule. At least two years in the JOY should result from what I consider a breach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

SNAP!

Ken wins. Can we play Monopoly now?

Anyway, back on topic a bit, where can I get a carbon bike-tax disk holder? And where should it go? On the seatpost? Or under the crossbar?

rottenhat wrote: »
    Ken wins. Can we play Monopoly now?

monopoly-car.jpg

Maybe if more people cycled more often there'd be less lifestyle related illnesses - freeing up more bednights and costing the taxpayer a lot less?

Costs about 5 grand and usually zero bednights to treat a broken leg - it costs nearly 30 grand to treat someone who is suffering from coronary heart disease - that's just health costs.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    @niceonetom. You'll never beat me in a sprint if you keep that up.

I beat you to a pic of the Fuhrer (though that should not be taken as a challenge to a sprint:o)

Advertisement