Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling Tax and Insurance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

91 posts. I see some people forgot to not feed the trolls...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Disky

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    412_06.07.03.garda.bikes.jpg

I bet those are not carbon frames. With all those Spar discounts most of us Garda are massive, but then again we do love a curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@Disky- if you are going to troll you could at least be subtle and try to make it entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

ROK ON wrote: »
    Now to bring it back on topic, yes. I (as always) am for cake. Particularly choccie fudge, lemon drizzle or that choc & bananna thing that they have in the cafe in Laragh. I may even take a detour on the WW200 to laragh for that cake. I mean it will probably be the only day of the year where you dont have to queue in the cafe, as the rest of the cyclists will be 15km down the road in Rathdrum.

Nietzchiean (argh, pick an easier to spell user name!) and I were just saying, rather I said to him, that a short diversion into Laragh on the W200 by the slow group for some tea and cake might not be a bad idea. We will have just conquered most of the climbs so a celebration would be in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Disky wrote: »
    I bet those are not carbon frames. With all those Spar discounts most of us Garda are massive, but then again we do love a curry.

image_preview

• Advertisement

blorg wrote: »
    @Disky- if you are going to troll you could at least be subtle and try to make it entertaining.

Seems to have entertained quite a few people. Anyway, I think the point has been proved. Bicycles should not be taxed or insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Actually can one of the admins reverse check Disky IP address and run it against http://cqcounter.com/whois/. Love to know where abouts in the country this ejgit is.

image_preview

Would you believe it, PC O'Reilly was just after a two month stint with the bicycle corps. Imagine the state of him before..........

Folks, get off those high horses. Ave a laf.

I have noticed a lot more of this recently, especially on after hours: people developing "boards personalities" in an attempt to rile or entertain. It's really annoying! Especially now that it is infiltrating the cycling forum. Next we will get some kind of Ross O'Carroll Kelly yob saying we are "loike all povs for roiding around on boikes!".

It's not funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Given the rubbish you've posted so far I don't think I trust a word you say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Stark wrote: »
    91 posts. I see some people forgot to not feed the trolls...

It was lunchtime and not nice enough to go outside and play:)

I'll laugh when you post something amusing, deal?

They should pay insurance at least.

With the amount of money spent by people on this forum it's getting to the stage where they've nothing else to spend their money on.

I'm sure once Insurance Companies realise this they could introduce various different policies and then the poor little Insurance Companies/Brokers might be able to make a bit of money!

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I have noticed a lot more of this recently, especially on after hours: people developing "boards personalities" in an attempt to rile or entertain.

To not get banned from this site you have to be a conformist little save the world do gooder type.

the natives are gittin restless

Somewhat ironic that someone would come on to a cycling forum and back pedal so furiously - must be on a fixie!

They should pay insurance at least.

With the amount of money spent by people on this forum it's getting to the stage where they've nothing else to spend their money on.

I'm sure once Insurance Companies realise this they could introduce various different policies and then the poor little Insurance Companies/Brokers might be able to make a bit of money!

On the money there, mate. Anything to prove that you are above the run of the mill plodder. Mate "I don't ride a bike, I'm a cyclist".

Would you believe it, PC O'Reilly was just after a two month stint with the bicycle corps. Imagine the state of him before..........

I'm not up to scratch with all this Garda lingo but what does PC mean?

To not get banned from this site you have to be a conformist little save the world do gooder type.

the natives are gittin restless

Ah I think you are missing the point. Most of the people on here have cycled and met up with other posters, so they tend to talk the way they would in the real world, away from the internet.

Thanks for showing me the proper way to rebel, posting like a fool on the internet. Stick it to the man Disky! I bet you won't even pay that broadband bill, you are so rebellious!

Don't mind bikes - I can't for the day we see "Garda Mor-iar-i-ty" on these:

police_rollerblades.jpg

it was pretty cool watching the gendarmes in Paris zipping around on them.

Our Guards should be alright at least if the fall they'll have plenty of padding!

• Advertisement

I'm not up to scratch with all this Garda lingo but what does PC mean?

Give me a break. Traffic Blues only started in RTE last week. I have been on a diet of Road Wars togeather with cops, cars and criminals for the past few years.

I need a least a few weeks to pick up the Garda jive. But worry not, by the end of the series, everyone will be referred to as a "perp" or "possible perp" who may or may not have "priors".

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Damn! joined this topic late and I suppose all the cake has gone now?

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

Thanks for showing me the proper way to rebel, posting like a fool on the internet. Stick it to the man Disky! I bet you won't even pay that broadband bill, you are so rebellious!

Rebel?? Look at those afterhours idiots who went out to vote today. They are on their latest "vendetta", hating anyone who has not voted. Amazing, they are the people who voted in a bunch of corrupt scum and then complain when they get had.

Their opinions switch with the wind.

Damn! joined this topic late and I suppose all the cake has gone now?

there's another one just gone in the oven.

By the way for anyone who is interested - you made need to get in early to get these before the sell out.

I've ordered two - one for the front and one for the back.

Jawgap wrote: »
    it was pretty cool watching the gendarmes in Paris zipping around on them.

Our Guards should be alright at least if the fall they'll have plenty of padding!

I was at the Airport the other week, two Garda colleagues came by on one of those segways. The whole place was in fits of laughter watching these two idiots cruising around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Massive thumbs up for this thread.

thumbs-up.jpg

segway_police_use_image-770004.jpg

Beep Beep!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Ah guys -- the OP has not chosen to be in the Garda, The Garda has chosen to hire OP ... that's the problem.

Have any of you in the cycling Forum tried hack into OP's Internet? Will you stop now guys! Come on, leave him alone now!

segway_police_use_image-770004.jpg

Beep Beep!

:pac::pac::pac:

How could these two jokers have any semblance of authority after pulling up on these things?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

:pac::pac::pac:

How could these two jokers have any semblance of authority after pulling up on these things?

guns

Advertisement