Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knackers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Well expressed Dudess.Spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭fillup

knackers, scumbags, scangers, junkies i fcuking hate the lot of them,
    it's not a clss thing it's a lifestyle
    no respect for anyone/anything.
    steralise the lot of them
    make them lick o'connel street clean
    and then burn them in their stolen cars
    a bit harsh????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

fillup wrote: »
    a bit harsh????

No, but your grammar and punctuation is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BRENT_EAGLE

Talbot street is scumbag central.

I know the guards are even afraid to walk down that street ..... and thats a fact .........:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

a bit harsh????

Very true, in my year in school there was a couple of ''Try hards'' as we called them. Basically they lived in Killiney but liked to claim Shankill to make them not as big "posh gits". They had there own little group going, all of them from private schools from south Dublin but all absolute wannabe scum. You know the 15 year old knacker phase some kids go through but grow out of quick enough? They still had it at the age of 21. Haven't seen those lads in years, perhaps they grew up, perhaps they have a few off spring now following in their esteemed footsteps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

oldyouth wrote: »
    Leave them alone lads, the increased income levy is hitting them as hard as it is the rest of us and they were just enjoying a family day out (only 100, so it would have been immediate family only).
    Income ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BRENT_EAGLE

I just hate people who smash bottles on cycle tracks OOOOOOOOOHHH it makes me mad:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

I just hate people who smash bottles on cycle tracks OOOOOOOOOHHH it makes me mad:mad:

I got a flat yesterday from glass on a cycle track, so in retaliation I planted a white lily on a grass verge in Darndale....

I showed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Broad

I just can't stand these threads because of the sickening air of smugness, inequality and fear that generally permeates throughout, from the obligatory arguments for eugenics to the assumption that anyone who wears a tracksuit is somehow alien and scary to the classist divisive notion that anyone who doesn't share your postcode or went to a fee-paying school is somehow inferior

We have one of the most unequal societies in Europe - this is what we voted for - the fallout is going to be ugly

Not fair at all - the thread seems to go a bit overboard but I think is a result from everyone having to be so politically correct the whole time so people blow off a bit. Is only a minority of kids go to fee-paying schools, not mine anyway! And mine wear tracksuits too. And mine drink before eighteen. But that doesn't mean that they impose their noise, rudeness and mess on other people, and they don't trespass. Because that is how they have been taught to behave. At least I know what they are at (mostly...I think) and make an effort to control their behaviour. Our income is poor and disimproving (one parent now on three day week, job loss looking increasingly possible). So yes it is an unequal society but being poor does not have to lead to scumbag behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Its the worst when you see kids who have been well brought up by their parents actually WANTING to be scum, wanting to be part of that social bracket of "chavs" or "scumbags". Lads i used to hang out with back when i was 10 or 11 are now all bunch of dutchy drinkin, tracksuit wearing, antisocial prícks who have no respect for anyone. I love this country, but its really getting out of hand now, and its getting to a stage where i almost cant leave my house without hearing some kind of back handed comment or being approached by these wasters asking me to "go shop for fags willya?" and upon refusal telling me they are going kill my family... and i live in Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

a bit harsh????
    Naw,insist on consecutive sentencing and have their remaining spawn and partners clean up the mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thelurch

I got a flat yesterday from glass on a cycle track, so in retaliation I planted a white lily on a grass verge in Darndale....

I showed them.

Some scumbags robbed my frienda bicycle, but he had the last laugh.....It had a slow puncture:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

zeppe wrote: »
    Just come back to Ireland after 5 weeks in The US(Florida/Georgia) with family. On a good few beaches over there including Clearwater in Tampa and Cedar Key. Nowhere once did I see any antisocial behaviour, just people from all classes enjoying the sun, playing volleyball, picnicing, drinking. I didnt once feel threatened over there. Great place for my kids too, they loved it. There just dosent seem to be any scumbags over there, its f**kin great. The worst I could say is that there was a good couple of crack and meth heads in some of the dodgier Tampa/Atlanta areas but they dont hassle you.
    I dont know whats happening in Ireland but the ratio of scumbags to regular law abiding people is getting higher. I've had quite a few US friends over who have been appalled by the antisocial beahviour. We need a couple of bad ass state troopers who just wouldnt take any s**t from these pr**ks who are making all of our lives miserable. I dont even want to bring my kids to the beach with the bs we have to deal with from a minority. Now I know people are going to say, "why dont you just f**k off to America then?". Well, after spending quite a few months there in the last few years I may just be doing that. I am a proud Irishman living here 37 years but I seriously fear for the future of this country..

Whew, sorry if I got a bit off topic and preachy, rant over:D

You're right, we'd be MUCH better off with the same crime rate and levels of institutionalised social problems that our friends in the United States enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Thats not what Zeppe was driving at and you know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

We need a few old fashioned gaurds, any one live around the kilbeggan area wil remember the old seargent, there was a decrease in crime and an increase in little scumbags wit black eyes. You cant do that anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

I'm seriously in favour of mass sterilisation of this portion of society. Not out of hatred or cruelty, but consider this......knackers have kids who live in poverty, are poorly educated and grow up to be useless knackers themselves. If they were all sterilised poverty would be virtually eliminated.

image a Dublin free of knick-knacks... bliss
    i've lost count of the amount of times i've been out with my own chislers only to have the day spoiled by 'howareyiz-es' acting like they own the bleeding gaff
    i have noticed that they seem to be allergic to any thing remotely cultural so if you head out to anything of an artistic bent the chance of encountering the wee scamps is drastically reduced...
    so maybe sterialisation is not the answer, we should do a massive leaflet drop of the works of Sam Beckett over the city centre and that'll prevent them from entering the ciddy centre, leaving it free for us respectible citizens to enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

i know....pisses me off.

I live on the Bray seafront, and we were over run last weekend. I mean, im only a student myself, and im all for a bit of a fun. But when im going out for a quick wlak on the sea front before tea and im getting asked for smokes, abused, tripping over cans and broken bottles, getting felt up and shouted at some more....bleh.

Have a bit of self respect for Gods sake!

The guards were called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Svalbard wrote: »
    I'm seriously in favour of mass sterilisation of this portion of society. Not out of hatred or cruelty, but consider this......knackers have kids who live in poverty, are poorly educated and grow up to be useless knackers themselves. If they were all sterilised poverty would be virtually eliminated.

let make a satellite which beams gamma radiation into knacker areas. problem solved, have a well deserved cup of tea

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭thecross1

right lads u think thats bad u have the scumbags the knackers dirtbirds what ever u want to call them your right there all of the above.

think about this im a bus driver here in dublin i get all walks of life on the bus the smelly granny the junkys smokers what ever .
    the worst ive come across is the romanian gypsy dirty KNACKERS need to be bleeched they smell viol makes me sick when i get a gang of them on the bus and to make matters a little worse the hot wheater which i love. BUT it makes them smell worse... somebody shoot the lot of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

thecross1 wrote: »
    right lads u think thats bad u have the scumbags the knackers dirtbirds what ever u want to call them your right there all of the above.

think about this im a bus driver here in dublin i get all walks of life on the bus the smelly granny the junkys smokers what ever .
    the worst ive come across is the romanian gypsy dirty KNACKERS need to be bleeched they smell viol makes me sick when i get a gang of them on the bus and to make matters a little worse the hot wheater which i love. BUT it makes them smell worse... somebody shoot the lot of them

Failed the Bar exams, did you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Failed the Bar exams, did you?

He was obviously sitting paper 2 this morning

ithink ur kinda missing the point there 1cross.
    are you sure ur a bus driver and nt a taxi driver, you seem to have the same sense of racial sensativity as the joe le maxi brigade or maybe it's a dublin transport kinda thing

lol, ur all mad

look im not trying to be racist and im sorry if thats the way i came across but did u guys ever get close to these people they are really smelly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

I know Limerick has a really bad name but it really is a lovely city when you take out the scum... I don't like going in there anymore during the day and the only time I will is on a Saturday morning before all the pr1cks have got in there! All the normal people go in to the market then and the place has a lovely vibe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Yes, let us sterilize entire swathes of society because they enjoy drinking in the sunshine. In fact, lets lead by example. Obviously once these untouchables see the upright, hard working and obviously superior portion of society voluntarily undergoing sterilization they will want to follow suit.

So, lets get this show on the road. To all who think population control and eugenics are a good idea I recommend going to see your GP first thing. Be a much nicer world without your kind in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Hellm0 wrote: »
    Yes, let us sterilize entire swathes of society because they enjoy drinking in the sunshine. In fact, lets lead by example. Obviously once these untouchables see the upright, hard working and obviously superior portion of society voluntarily undergoing sterilization they will want to follow suit.

So, lets get this show on the road. To all who think population control and eugenics are a good idea I recommend going to see your GP first thing. Be a much nicer world without your kind in it.

Read the OP's original post, it was not the fact they were drinking in the sunshine, it was their brash anti-social behaviour they, and other people have the problem with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Read the OP's original post, it was not the fact they were drinking in the sunshine, it was their brash anti-social behaviour they, and other people have the problem with!

I agree, the beach was full of them last week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Abraham

I think some of ye are way OTT. What our brethren in the Traveling Community need is love and understanding. Particularly understanding. Y'see, drinking is their way of coping with the harshness of their lives. These folk are discriminated against from day one in their lives. It's like a card game where you get a good hand every time but they are guaranteed a bad hand every time and you think then that they should respect a world that's so loaded against them ? No doubt most of ye will chorus back at me: " well it wasn't me that gave them the bad deal" but hey why add to their misery ?.

They didn't ask for the lives thrust upon them.

Just ask yourselves the question: "If I were born in a K......s Camp what standards would I have in my life?". Life is a hassle for them, morning, noon and night. They'd love to have your lifestyle but would you like to have theirs ? Betcha not. So life discriminates against them at every level and yet so many people can only abuse, criticise and continue the discrimination because that's their way of coping with people who are generally poorer, less educated, and have virtually none of the opportunities for self advancement made available to them that the rest of the comfortable middle class enjoy as a monopoly.

All things considered, it's time to stop the negativity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement