Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knackers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

Would have been god to balance this thread a bit.
    you seem to have a superiority complex issue, i'm sure you're a bundle of sunshine in real life OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

Rebelheart wrote: »
    Come now, surely nobody here can really deny that this is the cultural capital of Europe?

Just look around you. Where else in the world would you find the prime of the nation's womanhood gracing the boulevards in their pyjamas?

We are trend setters. As the ancient seanfhocal has it, 'where Dublin leads, Milan and Paris follow.'

Would anyone be against a tax on tracksuits? Not the kind that people wear when they are actually going to the gym, the black New York Yankees style ones that are the peasant uniform these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Move em all to an island.......and let them kill each other, breed and spit at each other.
    Suggestions as to a name for this new island?

Hmm, a name for an island for criminals...

Australia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

Dumbledore wrote: »
    Would anyone be against a tax on tracksuits? Not the kind that people wear when they are actually going to the gym, the black New York Yankees style ones that are the peasant uniform these days.

those tracksuits are bought for 20-30 around the ilac centre from an old skanger lady and from francis/thomas street markets etc

even if there was a government put a tax on these tracksuits they would avoid it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

"Its cos there's no facilities round here Adrian".

Thats what scumbag apologists or their parents say when questioned on their behaviour.

So you stole a car, went joy riding, crashed into a local business and burnt the car because there is no facilities. Yes that makes loads of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

100% agree, you should need a licence from the state to be allowed to have children. Qualifying for this license would involve having a certain standard of living, and attending a mandatory parenting course.

I live on the coast road in Monkstown, and there was literally an invasion of them last week. It was empty cider cans and mothers slapping their kids everywhere. I wish we could just throw all these people on an island and let them kill and drug eachother to death.
    I am lucky enough to come from a well-off background but at the end of my road there is a huge house that is owned by an entrepreneur who leases it to the council. They pile it high with the biggest skangers they can find, walked out of my house last Wednesday night to see one of them pissing against my neighbours car, customary can of Druids in hand. I walked past him without making eye contact but he started yelling something in a language I dont understand.
    If these people stopped breeding we could just let them die out, would only take about ten years anyway considering they all die so young whether it be of John Player blue or knife fights.

Rant Over :D

I live quite close the Monkstown shore line too and it was terrible for a few days. The scum migrant from their holes to the seafront in search of a scalded back. Monkstown, such a lovely area ruined by a bunch of degenerates and cheap housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

the_syco wrote: »
    Can I use the "N" word, as the topic is actually about scum from Dublin, and not "actual" knackers?
    Naggers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

These people do not seem to understand that presenting themselves as scumbags, will make their job prospects much worse. They seem to think it is the employerrs who should lower their standards, not that scumbags actually raise theirs......

Alas, a lot of these boyos don't want jobs!! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Alas, a lot of these boyos don't want jobs!! :(

Which is why we have the immigrants to do the jobs.
    Then the scumbags say "they took our jobs..lets get 'em".
    Sterilise the cnunts.

Naggers?

The Question to your answer....

"People who annoy us" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

b28 wrote: »
    you seem to have a superiority complex issue, i'm sure you're a bundle of sunshine in real life OP!

Feel free to "balance" the thread by defending people who piss on other peoples property, behave in an antisocial way and leave rubbish everywhere for others to clean up.

I would love to see you put a positive spin on this scumbaggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Move em all to an island.......and let them kill each other, breed and spit at each other.
    Suggestions as to a name for this new island?

Creamer Isle?
    The Isle of Knacks?

maybe Yahooland.Parachute in lots of liquor[and how to make it from what grows there-sure,they've lots of native cunning],a fair supply of knives,scythes,slash hooks etc and let them at it.Kill them with kindness!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

mobius42 wrote: »
    Hmm, a name for an island for criminals...

Australia?

Australia is harder to get into than a nun's knickers these days. No hope of Anto, Deco & little britney going there.

Australia is harder to get into than a nun's knickers these days. No hope of Anto, Deco & little britney going there.

Don't forget Wayne and Shakira.... Ah jeez, don't you just love stereotypes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Terry wrote: »
    Banned.

OP, did you call the Gardaí?

He's not banned yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sedantez

I can see how the post may come across snobbish but its not. I’m calling them knackers because of their behaviour not because of their socio economic backgrounds.

I still go out knacker drinking myself – theres nothing better than sitting down in the sun with mates, sinking a few cold ones. But here’s the difference:
    1. I don’t do it on other people’s private property
    2. I don’t get half naked in public (I forgot to mention they stripped one of the lads naked and threw his clothes miles away so he ran around the apt block naked until he got his clothes back.... that was actually quite funny)
    3. If I drink I have the decency to take my rubbish (including my under pants) and put them in a bin.
    4. If I have to go for a leak, I won’t do it in public ie where every can see and possibly walk/sit on it.

I called the Gardai – they took my details and did nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Scum comes in different shapes and forms, you have the scum that go p**sing on other peoples property, knacker drinking, joy riding etc, who should be shot out of a cannon or something to that effect but there is also scum type B, the kind who look down there nose at the whole world like their own s**t doesn't stink I wish they would go f**k off and die too. I have no time for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Morzadec wrote: »
    If ever there was an argument for Eugenics...

+1

Personally I'd prefere this type of intervention after, say, the 5th offence, just so people couldn't say it was an excessive or a knee jerk solution. At least it would pinch off the worst of them at this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Next time you call the Gardaí, over-exaggerate the offences being commited.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Next time you call the Gardaí, over-exaggerate the offences being commited.

Exaggerating is bad enough without over-exaggerating. They just won't believe you then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

javaboy wrote: »
    Exaggerating is bad enough without over-exaggerating. They just won't believe you then.

Yeah...they might not come if you say they're plotting a coup d'etat.
    Maybe next time you should tell the Gardaí that they're operating a drug lab.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I usually find that when someone says, 'there should be a law...' there shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

Just come back to Ireland after 5 weeks in The US(Florida/Georgia) with family. On a good few beaches over there including Clearwater in Tampa and Cedar Key. Nowhere once did I see any antisocial behaviour, just people from all classes enjoying the sun, playing volleyball, picnicing, drinking. I didnt once feel threatened over there. Great place for my kids too, they loved it. There just dosent seem to be any scumbags over there, its f**kin great. The worst I could say is that there was a good couple of crack and meth heads in some of the dodgier Tampa/Atlanta areas but they dont hassle you.
    I dont know whats happening in Ireland but the ratio of scumbags to regular law abiding people is getting higher. I've had quite a few US friends over who have been appalled by the antisocial beahviour. We need a couple of bad ass state troopers who just wouldnt take any s**t from these pr**ks who are making all of our lives miserable. I dont even want to bring my kids to the beach with the bs we have to deal with from a minority. Now I know people are going to say, "why dont you just f**k off to America then?". Well, after spending quite a few months there in the last few years I may just be doing that. I am a proud Irishman living here 37 years but I seriously fear for the future of this country..

Whew, sorry if I got a bit off topic and preachy, rant over:D

zeppe wrote: »
    Just come back to Ireland after 5 weeks in The US(Florida/Georgia) with family. On a good few beaches over there including Clearwater in Tampa and Cedar Key. Nowhere once did I see any antisocial behaviour, just people from all classes enjoying the sun, playing volleyball, picnicing, drinking. I didnt once feel threatened over there. Great place for my kids too, they loved it. There just dosent seem to be any scumbags over there, its f**kin great. The worst I could say is that there was a good couple of crack and meth heads in some of the dodgier Tampa/Atlanta areas but they dont hassle you.
    I dont know whats happening in Ireland but the ratio of scumbags to regular law abiding people is getting higher. I've had quite a few US friends over who have been appalled by the antisocial beahviour. We need a couple of bad ass state troopers who just wouldnt take any s**t from these pr**ks who are making all of our lives miserable. I dont even want to bring my kids to the beach with the bs we have to deal with from a minority. Now I know people are going to say, "why dont you just f**k off to America then?". Well, after spending quite a few months there in the last few years I may just be doing that. I am a proud Irishman living here 37 years but I seriously fear for the future of this country..

Whew, sorry if I got a bit off topic and preachy, rant over:D

+1

I really think we are getting somewhere with this session, anybody feel like setting up a vigilante group? .......no seriously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Rorate Caeli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Funny pic.JPG
    Op give these a shout:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sean@boards.ie

If you ring the Garda make sure to mention the time/date when you call.

They find that a good reason to get off their asses. What with the time of the call/incident being recorded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

thelurch wrote: »
    Bravo Sir ! I echo your sentiment old chap ! One of those Scallywags pilfered my motor vehicle recently without a bye or leave, They just took it !!! These little Rascals are cheeky pups !
    I also see an increase in Blagards walking about.

Apologies for the boorish language but I am very vexed at the moment.
    :rolleyes:
    More "the OP is being a snooty ****" crap. It can't be anything other than arguing for the sake of it.
    Nothing to do with "Killjoyish" Dudess, I just can't stand these threads because of the sickening air of smugness, inequality and fear that generally permeates throughout, from the obligatory arguments for eugenics to the assumption that anyone who wears a tracksuit is somehow alien and scary to the classist divisive notion that anyone who doesn't share your postcode or went to a fee-paying school is somehow inferior

We have one of the most unequal societies in Europe - this is what we voted for - the fallout is going to be ugly
    Huh? The OP described obnoxious behaviour that affects the people who live in the apartment complex (having to clean up those pricks' mess - wtf? Why is that being skimmed over?) and expressed how pissed off he was. Reasonable, no? Where the hell did inequality come into it? Seriously, posts like yours, not the OP's, are the ones that are bringing up socio-economic background. I couldn't give a flying **** about what circumstances these lowlives come from. They might be from very comfortable backgrounds and are just pieces of **** for all we know. Youghal in East Cork has a ridiculous amount of scumbags, yet it's a really nice, seaside town, surrounded by countryside. Miserable inner city squalour may as well be a million miles away.
    The majority of people who come from really deprived areas anyway are decent, lovely people - I think saying a person is a scumbag because of their backgrond is an insult to the above people.
    And what do you mean by "fear"? Damn right I'd be afraid of one of those scumbags - they're damn good at intimidating.
    As for the tracksuit thing, it tends to be the uniform of these scumbags, that's all. Nothing wrong with anyone wearing a tracksuit.
    And really, complaining about scumbag behaviour has little bearing on arguments that private schools and certain postcodes make a person superior (which I also hate). I wish people could learn to differentiate between objections to anti-social, intimidatory behaviour and being a snob - they're not mutually exclusive but they're still two separate things.
    Yes, Ireland is an extremely unequal society but I fail to see how that somehow excuses violent, criminal, intimidatory behaviour.
    Not to mention the fact that it only really goes to reinforce the stereotype that the average boardsie is a socially maladjusted creature who sees danger everywhere and is only secure in the blue glow of their monitor making threads about the dangers of the outside world...
    Seriously, getting annoyed by these scummy bastards based on actual events is NOT the same as "seeing danger everywhere". FFS...
    b28 wrote: »
    Yes. The OP "has a superiority complex issue" because he got angry about a bunch of lowlives abusing the private property he is paying to live in, by pissing and leaving their crap everywhere. How exactly has he such an issue? :rolleyes:
    ronaneire wrote: »
    He's not banned yet?
    He is - you only have "banned" as your tag if you're banned from the entire site.
    sedantez wrote: »
    I can see how the post may come across snobbish but its not. I’m calling them knackers because of their behaviour not because of their socio economic backgrounds.

I still go out knacker drinking myself – theres nothing better than sitting down in the sun with mates, sinking a few cold ones. But here’s the difference:
    1. I don’t do it on other people’s private property
    2. I don’t get half naked in public (I forgot to mention they stripped one of the lads naked and threw his clothes miles away so he ran around the apt block naked until he got his clothes back.... that was actually quite funny)
    3. If I drink I have the decency to take my rubbish (including my under pants) and put them in a bin.
    4. If I have to go for a leak, I won’t do it in public ie where every can see and possibly walk/sit on it.

I called the Gardai – they took my details and did nothing.
    sedantez, your post didn't come across as remotely snobbish - no need to be explaining yourself.
    Indie18 wrote: »
    Scum comes in different shapes and forms, you have the scum that go p**sing on other peoples property, knacker drinking, joy riding etc, who should be shot out of a cannon or something to that effect but there is also scum type B, the kind who look down there nose at the whole world like their own s**t doesn't stink I wish they would go f**k off and die too. I have no time for either.
    Yeah, I can't stand either - didn't see much evidence of the second one here though, only complaints about scumbag behaviour which doesn't equate to looking down one's nose at the whole world like one's own s**t doesn't stink.

Basically, what some of the comments on this thread boil down to is: you're a snob if you object to scumbag behaviour. LOL :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    :rolleyes:Basically, what some of the comments on this thread boil down to is: you're a snob if you object to scumbag behaviour. LOL :rolleyes:

Right on Dudess!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement