Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knackers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

There's no probs with these types, in my experiance.

They're basically brainless creatures.

Just identify the ringleader & have a quick word with him.

Everything sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I feel sorry for the places in Spain that have to put up with herds of them going on holiday there, they wreck the place, the sun and cheap drink must attract them.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Even though rats' piss is potentially lethal I'd much prefer to see them on my lawn if I had to choose between knackers[not travellers or pakeys]and four legged vermin.At least rats don't have ridiculous tattoos to boost their egos.A rat 's a rat [interesting creatures,actually, who do provide a service]will eff off if you tell them.Your only consolation may lie in the probability that many of the subspecies you described will develop further social,mental and physical decline,maybe to the point of not being able to urinate unassisted.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

pithater1 wrote: »
    You should have let it rip with a supersoaker

...filled with concentrated nitric acid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BRENT_EAGLE

it awful right!!! for the junior cert i had to do C.S.P.e... and we had to learn about how knackers are misstreated and how society doesnt under stand them and that your RACIST for bad mouthing the "travelling community"

And we were told about how these people are denied rights but i mean they are entitled to all the rights that settled people have its just them actin like scum has givin them a bad name and its up to them to change it not us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 BRENT_EAGLE

or we could maybe herd them into some shipping containers and send them to africa

there they can be a hinderance on sunny days all year round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

(read this in a David Attenborough voice)

The sun is like mating season for scumbags. They see the afternoon sun (they don't get up before midday) and go into schweh mode.

The males (Anthonious Sapienous) get a primal urge to strip off their tracksuit tops, grab a can of dutch, perch a 'schmoke' on their ear and wander around town in packs. Displaying their horribly done tattoos on their skinny frames. Males can be visually identified quite easily from the above description. They attract each others attention by flailing their arms wildly. Halving their names and adding an 'o' or 5. Anthony becomes Anto! etc. etc.

The female (JacintaGoWahnOurraDat MuffinTop) of the species, is similar to the male in that they both have a furry growth above their top lip. Commonly referred to as a "Ronnie". The females like their male counterparts also travel in packs, the Alpha Female is usually identified by the amount of hickeys on her neck and rings on her fingers, closely followed by the amount of children she has hanging off her. If you get close enough you may be able to spot some poorly done tattoos also, usually names of previous mates.
    JacintaGoWahnOurraDat MuffinTop's are very easy to spot, their clothes are too tight thus forcing their bellies to overflow over their tracksuit bottoms. It is not helped by the fact that they wear bellytops also. Their whole gut/midriff is exposed and left hanging for all to see.

You are sure to encounter these beasts on your travels. Top tips for avoiding confrontation;

- Go in and out of town before midday as they are usually asleep. This is a sure way to avoid them.
    - Attend events where learning is encouraged e.g schools, museums and cultural events.
    - If you are cornered by a group shout 'scatter, gardas are comin!!!' they will take flight almost immediately.
    - Avoid carrying expensive sought after items, this is hard to gauge as each individual craves different things. Examples are shiny nike shoes, a mobile phone, a good command of the english language.

If all else fails pretend you are one of them, cut off the ends of your words and speak in a slightly higher pitched voice. Walk similar to that of a penguin except more emphasis on the shoulders and arms. Wander with the pack then veer off in the opposite direction once their suspicions have been calmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

saw this on another forum, inspired by these pics; http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00328/cantona_indo_328327t.jpg
    http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00328/cantonatat_indo_328329c.jpg

scumbag average day;

Wake up at 11, no job, no worries lads. Beautiful day outside,no need for a t-shirt. Good chance to show the tatoos of anyway, just got a lovely one of United and the Irish flag together.

11:30, Breakfast followed by a check of the bills. Oh no, the sky is due. How am i supposed to buy smokes and pay the sky? Fianna Fooking Fail, that shower, i'll be using my democratic right to make sure Sinn Fein get in next time on Friday.

12; After a nice refreshing shower with a couple of John Player blue in hand, hit the bookies. When in the front of the house, make sure that the flag pole with Wayne Rooney on its front is still flying high.

1; Buy 'de paper'. Check if there is anything related to Manchester United that day. Oh wow, Eric Cantona is in town. I was barely 5 when he played and just dropped out of school but sure its a good chance to show how much he means to us.

1:30; Pick the kids up early from school. Sure school doesn't matter at all, they can't afford to miss this,''ooh ah Cantona''. I teach it to them the whole way there. We really bond on the bus. Minty has come with us with his lad, we dip into a few cans of druids before we get there.

2:30; Jaysus, i need a piss. The bus shelter will have to do. The young lads dip into their MacD's burgers, gorgous day. Some old bastard gives out to me for taking a slash, one of the young ones gives him the middle finger, chip of the old block.

3:30; Its packed with United fans. We start a bit of a chant, the drink is really kicking in now.

4 There he is, the man himself. Where the hell is the taoiseach to greet him? No wonder this country is in the toilet if we can't even greet heros that come.

5 Back to Dollymount for a few more tinnies with the lads.

6 Me and Minty head home and watch a bit of Sky Sports News, riveting telly. I tell Minty that i would give Georgie Thompson a right seeing too if i was there. Minty agrees.

7; Bitta pot noodle for the dinner and some chooonns on the porch. Weather is still great. Buzzing now.

11; The neighbours are complaining, sad posh gits. They threaten to call the gardai. We call Adrian Kennedy.

12:30 The gardai arrive. Apparently wheel borrow racing round the garden is too much. The Gardai arrest Minty for threatening behaviour. Its grand though, his solicitor said to claim they assaulted him. The old cuts from wrestling on the beach with no disqualification is really paying of from Saturday.

1:30 KO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

sedantez wrote: »
    They leave behind all their cans, broker glass bottles, rubbish, including many pairs of underwear

Wtf, soiled underwear?

They must have been drinking Bulmers Pear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

sedantez wrote: »
    Eventually they leave – about 100 of them. They leave behind all their cans, broker glass bottles, rubbish, including many pairs of under wear
    They take off their cacks and put them on the ground beside them to keep the flies off their Bulmers.........fact

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

oldyouth wrote: »
    They take off their cacks and put them on the ground beside them to keep the flies off their Bulmers.........fact

and you know this by?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

themont85 wrote: »

Sounds like you got a few bitch slaps from our tracksuited brethren and never quite got over it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

ok i'm surrounded by 100s of these scum every day where i work and there's nothing i can do about it. There are serious social problems in Dublin that are breeding these people who have bad attitudes towards everything, are angry, and "don't give a bollix" about anyone or anything. The Garda or politicians wont do anything about it. At this stage I've deduced that the only thing you can do to not have them in your life is emigrate. Or start up some kind of death squad, but emigration is easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Water Cannon FTW.

And, we need a proper Drunk Tank, just like they have in NY and Paris

Hose the fookers off the street into a van and give them 24 hours in a tiled room to rethink their entertainment options.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    ok i'm surrounded by 100s of these scum every day where i work and there's nothing i can do about it. There are serious social problems in Dublin that are breeding these people who have bad attitudes towards everything, are angry, and "don't give a bollix" about anyone or anything. The Garda or politicians wont do anything about it. At this stage I've deduced that the only thing you can do to not have them in your life is emigrate. Or start up some kind of death squad, but emigration is easier.

jeez Brazilia that's extreme.Don't let them get to you.Maybe Hitler,Goebbels et al will return, reincarnated.The subspecies do blot the landscape and are not as colourful as Themont85's invention,but they do inspire wrath and on the plus side, creativity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Passed a few of the s**ts punching random people on Talbot Street last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Blackjack wrote: »
    Not True. While getting many flagons of cider into them, one of the Anto's will Roide one of the Jacinta's, and create another Jayo or Jade, hence making more Knackers, and a further burden on the already overstretched taxpayer. Sixteen years later, a Jayo will roide a Jade, creating further Havoc to the already heaving social welfare bill.

It's a nasty cycle, something needs to be done.

Yep it does. I think we need an Irish Batman or something at this stage. Where will we get one from though? Any ideas?

I'd personally have no problem with dosing all the cider and beers that are bought with sterilising drugs or something to kill them off, they aren't like normal people anyway, and I'm not a subscriber to the motto that "all life is precious". Not after sitting on a 19 the other day while 7 of them ran up and down the bus screaming and throwing eggs out the window at normal people, shouting "heee-aw, hit that niggaw dowan dey-awh", and other such "heee-aw"- isms... the bus driver let them do it, after 2 people came up and told him what they were doing. Nope, no loss to sterilising them all. Drink the cool-aid, scummers....come awn....

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

efla wrote: »
    Passed a few of the s**ts punching random people on Talbot Street last week

Talbot street is scumbag central.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Chemical Castration? Anyway we could introduce something into packs of 10 john player blue n stop em breeding anymore??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Dudess wrote: »

Why on these threads is there always at least one genius who considers it "killjoyish" to object to scummy anti-social behaviour?

Nothing to do with "Killjoyish" Dudess, I just can't stand these threads because of the sickening air of smugness, inequality and fear that generally permeates throughout, from the obligatory arguments for eugenics to the assumption that anyone who wears a tracksuit is somehow alien and scary to the classist divisive notion that anyone who doesn't share your postcode or went to a fee-paying school is somehow inferior

We have one of the most unequal societies in Europe - this is what we voted for - the fallout is going to be ugly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Not to mention the fact that it only really goes to reinforce the stereotype that the average boardsie is a socially maladjusted creature who sees danger everywhere and is only secure in the blue glow of their monitor making threads about the dangers of the outside world...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Can I use the "N" word, as the topic is actually about scum from Dublin, and not "actual" knackers?

Not to mention the fact that it only really goes to reinforce the stereotype that the average boardsie is a socially maladjusted creature who sees danger everywhere and is only secure in the blue glow of their monitor making threads about the dangers of the outside world...
    Not at all.Some of my best friends in Limerick are so called "scumbags"! Interesting people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Move em all to an island.......and let them kill each other, breed and spit at each other.
    Suggestions as to a name for this new island?

Creamer Isle?
    The Isle of Knacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

Nothing to do with "Killjoyish" Dudess, I just can't stand these threads because of the sickening air of smugness, inequality and fear that generally permeates throughout, from the obligatory arguments for eugenics to the assumption that anyone who wears a tracksuit is somehow alien and scary to the classist divisive notion that anyone who doesn't share your postcode or went to a fee-paying school is somehow inferior

We have one of the most unequal societies in Europe - this is what we voted for - the fallout is going to be ugly

Class costs nothing. You can come from a poor area and still have a bit of pride in yourself and be a good member of the community. This crap about disadvantaged areas get rolled out as an excuse for everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Class costs nothing. You can come from a poor area and still have a bit of pride in yourself and be a good member of the community. This crap about disadvantaged areas get rolled out as an excuse for everything.

Yeah i've been in much poorer cities than dublin and the amount of scumbags and angry idiots walking around are a lot less visible. I mean I still get on with my life etc but i just get tired of having to put up with this nonsense everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

When people talk about the poor and vulnerable, they can call them that. When talking about knackers, they will call them that.. If you wear the "uniform", you adopt the stigma that comes with it.

And as far as I can see, people are talking about their experiences with them, not what they read on threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

These scumbags don't have a care in the world.

I say fight fire with fire, next time they come you should get pissed first & then piss all over them the bastards!

Worst case scenario, you have the higher ground so just take them all out 1 by 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    When people talk about the poor and vulnerable, they can call them that. When talking about knackers, they will call them that.. If you wear the "uniform", you adopt the stigma that comes with it.

And as far as I can see, people are talking about their experiences with them, not what they read on threads.

Genau. Whenever I see some tracksuit-clad teenager walking along the street with a John Player Blue in his mouth and a gold necklace hanging out, trying to make eye contact with everyone, I automatically consider him to be a scumbag.
    That is the image he presents of himself, and I want nothing to do with him. These people do not seem to understand that presenting themselves as scumbags, will make their job prospects much worse. They seem to think it is the employerrs who should lower their standards, not that scumbags actually raise theirs......

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Come now, surely nobody here can really deny that this is the cultural capital of Europe?

Just look around you. Where else in the world would you find the prime of the nation's womanhood gracing the boulevards in their pyjamas?

We are trend setters. As the ancient seanfhocal has it, 'where Dublin leads, Milan and Paris follow.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement