Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knackers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

From someone that knacker drank from about the age 12-17 I think the gardai and people should use a bit of cop on. Knacker drinking will never stop. We'll always have underage drinking in this country until the day we die. We had an underground carpark where we used to go every weekend though and we were told by the security guard that we could drink there as long as we cleaned up after ourselves. That's no problem. I hung around with some proper scum but every scumbag, every junkie, would put their cans back in a bag and dump them if a decent fella came down and bargained.

A lot of the time drinking at the canal in a big group we'd all be throwing our litter in the canal. With the places we went and cleaned up after ourselves there was always a reason. "don't throw that can there Davy lives there", "stick the cans in your bag or we'll be told to move on".

They can all be talked to. A lot of gardai would act friendly with a lot of them and if they got a phone call about lads drinking somewhere they'd apologetically tell them to move on. Some people just need to stop worrying though. If there's a bunch of lads drinking in the sun in a park they're not going to eat your kids.

Let them drink in places where they aren't bothering people with noise and whatever else. Tell them they can drink where they are under certain conditions which means dumping their litter. Obviously drinking on the stairs of flats, or outside someones house is a different story but if they had somewhere they were allowed to go they certainly wouldn't be purposely sitting outside a house.

Allowing knackers to drink in certain area's under certain conditions won't make more knackers, it will just make them less "knackery".

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Knacker (along with other words of similar meaning) is a derogatory term afaik =p

At least it was the other day when I said another similar word and got banned for it

So is scumbag but I don't you're going to get many people on boards that will class themselves as a scumbag. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Knacker (along with other words of similar meaning) is a derogatory term afaik =p

Of course it's meant to be derogatory, he wasn't posting about fine upstanding young gentlemen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

If there was ever a place to drop an A Bomb it would have to be Courtown last Sunday.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote: »
    From someone that knacker drank from about the age 12-17 I think the gardai and people should use a bit of cop on. Knacker drinking will never stop. We'll always have underage drinking in this country until the day we die. We had an underground carpark where we used to go every weekend though and we were told by the security guard that we could drink there as long as we cleaned up after ourselves. That's no problem. I hung around with some proper scum but every scumbag, every junkie, would put their cans back in a bag and dump them if a decent fella came down and bargained.

A lot of the time drinking at the canal in a big group we'd all be throwing our litter in the canal. With the places we went and cleaned up after ourselves there was always a reason. "don't throw that can there Davy lives there", "stick the cans in your bag or we'll be told to move on".

They can all be talked to. A lot of gardai would act friendly with a lot of them and if they got a phone call about lads drinking somewhere they'd apologetically tell them to move on. Some people just need to stop worrying though. If there's a bunch of lads drinking in the sun in a park they're not going to eat your kids.

Let them drink in places where they aren't bothering people with noise and whatever else. Tell them they can drink where they are under certain conditions which means dumping their litter. Obviously drinking on the stairs of flats, or outside someones house is a different story but if they had somewhere they were allowed to go they certainly wouldn't be purposely sitting outside a house.

Allowing knackers to drink in certain area's under certain conditions won't make more knackers, it will just make them less "knackery".

Could they not have knacked it up outside their own houses? I knacker drank a bazillion times back in the day but it was always in a park or something, not outside someones gaf.

"the front lawn of our apt block, on the grass near the sea."

100 of them could fit there.

Doesn't exactly sound like a footpath. But in situations like that just ring the gardai if they turn up. My point is they shouldn't have to go to these places to drink. There's enough land in Ireland for them to be drinking in an open area without hassle. The park is not an option. Certainly Merrion Square, Stephens Green, Herbert Park - they'd be thrown out in minutes.

"the front lawn of our apt block, on the grass near the sea."

100 of them could fit there.

Doesn't exactly sound like a footpath. But in situations like that just ring the gardai if they turn up. My point is they shouldn't have to go to these places to drink. There's enough land in Ireland for them to be drinking in an open area without hassle. The park is not an option. Certainly Merrion Square, Stephens Green, Herbert Park - they'd be thrown out in minutes.

For a good reason. They hassle people and fight and make a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

sedantez wrote: »

The level of knacker (not traveller) in Dublin gets worse when the sun shines. Discuss.

Last weekend, with the sun blazing, they came in their hundreds. They sat on the front lawn of our apt block, on the grass near the sea. They took of their tops to reveal their horrible tattoos – all of them had tattoos, chinese symbols, celtic crosses, barbed wire etc. They sat there getting sun burned, drinking bottles of cider and cans of beer. The more they drank, the louder and more lairy they got.

Eventually one of them started pissing up against the wall so I told them to get off the property, they told me to f*** off, I told them I was calling the gardai – then another lad pulls out his dick and starts pissing infront of everyone.

Eventually they leave – about 100 of them. They leave behind all their cans, broker glass bottles, rubbish, including many pairs of under wear...?

We clear up the mess.

Knackers.

Well thats wat you get for going to finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The level of knacker (not traveller) in Dublin gets worse when the sun shines. Discuss.

Last weekend, with the sun blazing, they came in their hundreds. They sat on the front lawn of our apt block, on the grass near the sea. They took of their tops to reveal their horrible tattoos – all of them had tattoos, chinese symbols, celtic crosses, barbed wire etc. They sat there getting sun burned, drinking bottles of cider and cans of beer. The more they drank, the louder and more lairy they got.

Eventually one of them started pissing up against the wall so I told them to get off the property, they told me to f*** off, I told them I was calling the gardai – then another lad pulls out his dick and starts pissing infront of everyone.

Eventually they leave – about 100 of them. They leave behind all their cans, broker glass bottles, rubbish, including many pairs of under wear...?

We clear up the mess.

Knackers.

If ever there was an argument for Eugenics...

• Advertisement

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    For a good reason. They hassle people and fight and make a mess.
    You had to read my previous post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

If i've said it once i've said it a million times. You need a licence for a dog but any fool can have a baby. It's a vicious circle with these characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RANDY BoBandy

drusk wrote: »
    Aww jaysus. With a name like that, your take on the situation is no surprise. :P

Hey leave Ricky alone, what have u got against us guys from sunnyvale trailerpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Use to love a bit of alfresco Bulmers /Scrumpy back in the day. Probably still do it if I could get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

Highsider wrote: »
    If i've said it once i've said it a million times. You need a licence for a dog but any fool can have a baby. It's a vicious circle with these characters.

100% agree, you should need a licence from the state to be allowed to have children. Qualifying for this license would involve having a certain standard of living, and attending a mandatory parenting course.

I live on the coast road in Monkstown, and there was literally an invasion of them last week. It was empty cider cans and mothers slapping their kids everywhere. I wish we could just throw all these people on an island and let them kill and drug eachother to death.
    I am lucky enough to come from a well-off background but at the end of my road there is a huge house that is owned by an entrepreneur who leases it to the council. They pile it high with the biggest skangers they can find, walked out of my house last Wednesday night to see one of them pissing against my neighbours car, customary can of Druids in hand. I walked past him without making eye contact but he started yelling something in a language I dont understand.
    If these people stopped breeding we could just let them die out, would only take about ten years anyway considering they all die so young whether it be of John Player blue or knife fights.

Rant Over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Dumbledore wrote: »
    100% agree, you should need a licence from the state to be allowed to have children.

社會撫養費

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

bb gun from your balcony FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

bb gun from your balcony FTW

Its not politically correct anymore I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Not True. While getting many flagons of cider into them, one of the Anto's will Roide one of the Jacinta's, and create another Jayo or Jade, hence making more Knackers, and a further burden on the already overstretched taxpayer. Sixteen years later, a Jayo will roide a Jade, creating further Havoc to the already heaving social welfare bill.

It's a nasty cycle, something needs to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Yes dashed bad form.Those undesirables would benefit for a good old fashioned thrashing.Trousers down-six of the best.
    That should put an end to their boorish uneducated behavior and free public gardens for use by reputable and well-bred gentlemen and their ladies.
    That kinda looks like you're objecting to the OP having an issue with a bunch of lowlives setting up camp on a private residential green, pissing there and then leaving all their crap for other people to clean up... NOT a bunch of civilised individuals who live in the complex and maybe some of their friends enjoying the sun and downing a few cans which they then dispose of. See the difference?

Why on these threads is there always at least one genius who considers it "killjoyish" to object to scummy anti-social behaviour?

Except plenty of these lowlives are well past underage.
    Highsider wrote: »
    If i've said it once i've said it a million times. You need a licence for a dog but any fool can have a baby.
    If I've heard that phrase once I've heard it a million times...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Leave them alone lads, the increased income levy is hitting them as hard as it is the rest of us and they were just enjoying a family day out (only 100, so it would have been immediate family only).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

My mother gave out to me for talking about a knacker communion, however ! when i told her who I was talking about she was like OH THEM, GO ON !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

You should have let it rip with a supersoaker/hose. I'm sure the OP was at least 2 floors above Knackeragua so Anto or Deco wouldn't have been able to reach you.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thelurch

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Yes dashed bad form.Those undesirables would benefit for a good old fashioned thrashing.Trousers down-six of the best.
    That should put an end to their boorish uneducated behavior and free public gardens for use by reputable and well-bred gentlemen and their ladies.

Bravo Sir ! I echo your sentiment old chap ! One of those Scallywags pilfered my motor vehicle recently without a bye or leave, They just took it !!! These little Rascals are cheeky pups !
    I also see an increase in Blagards walking about.

Apologies for the boorish language but I am very vexed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Exactly like that ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

motlov cocktails from your upper window

problem solved

they are scumbags who gives a toss what happens to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭IceICEbaby

Dumbledore wrote: »
    100% agree, you should need a licence from the state to be allowed to have children. Qualifying for this license would involve having a certain standard of living, and attending a mandatory parenting course.

Riiiiight!
    Great idea...
    But how would you suggest that would ever work???
    Considering that a hell of a lot of pregnancies aren't planned anyway.

Basically unprotected sex would have to banned. As well as one-night stands...which lets face it, are usually drunken and, for a lot of people, don't include a high standard of protection...
    So how would you enforce this?
    x)

I'm not going to get all deep into the knacker subject...but I suggest we burn em'?
    Come on lads, ya know you wanna...
    x)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

We clear up the mess.

Knackers.

They just sound like typical Irish people making the most of the sunshine. Whenever the sun comes out, so do the tattoos, cans, and dicks apparently.

Welcome to the Irish summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

OP, kill one by blunt force trauma to the head.

Then leave his body as a warning to the others. If knackers are like pidgeons (or other disease riddled creatures), they'll take that as a sign to avoid your property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Rabies wrote: »
    In this case the term 'knacker' isn't used to describe the travelling community. It is to describe the sub species of human we generally call 'scumbags'

FAIL:(

Maybe im getting old. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement