Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRA vs the Taliban - who would win? US TV goes in search of the answer....*cringe*

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Hagar wrote: »
    Great figures, where did get them? The Department of Wishful Thinking ?

Previous polls suggest that somewhere between 25-30% of Catholics would vote to remain in the Union as opposed to rule from Dublin.

This is why SF have not pushed on for a United Ireland border poll although they are absolutely entitled to - they fear one bad vote could put the argument to bed for 25 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

The IRA would infiltrate the Taliban using an agent called Abdul Abhaile.

wasn't he in the gobShiite Militia ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Previous polls suggest that somewhere between 25-30% of Catholics would vote to remain in the Union as opposed to rule from Dublin..
    It would be alot more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Taliban for me - no surrender to the US and the UK or the Soviets for that matter.

Or womens rights, science or the idea of sexual equality.

I don't even want to think about who would 'win' (:rolleyes:) between the two, but at their height the IRA were incredibly capable with regard military assaults. I don't actually think the God Is Great Brigade could pull off something like Warrenpoint. They might kill more , true, but I suppose that is the advantage of being in a car thats about to blow up and not across the river with a few armalites.

Advertisement