Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Pressed the button on a set of Ultegra 6800 pedals from PBK for €94 (10% first purchase discount inc) I currently have R550's so there'll be no discernible difference with them except they'll match the groupset now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

smacl wrote: »
    349147.JPG

Just pulled the trigger on a Rose Pro cross-3000 c/w Ultegra compact, hydraulic disc brakes and all the trimmings. Also mudguards, Xtreme pro duo pedals, rack and pannier. €2077 all in delivered for what I'm hoping will be my go anywhere all year round bike for the next few years. Full spec here.

I was just looking at the 2000 version earlier. Seriously considering faking my own death so I can get away with the splurge.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Think gadetra was too busy admiring this last night to realise I was not going to provide a lead out as one of my cleats had unclipped:

265b1fee-d617-49d7-9356-5d3ad6d8d3fa_zpsx2ubefjz.jpg

Not installed these yet though:

c88b0577-7df4-4472-ae99-e1bd84324a51_zpsnt3zifey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Beauty where did you get them ^ ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

flattery will get you nowhere.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

shaka wrote: »
    Beauty where did you get them ^ ?
    www.kapz.co.uk

You can also get personalised headset spacers (got a few of those already with a couple more on order;)) and caps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Beasty wrote: »
    www.kapz.co.uk

You can also get personalised headset spacers (got a few of those already with a couple more on order;)) and caps

random, st. tiernans club logo is pictured in the header of the kapz site...:confused:

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I only got an arione R5 the other day should be here next week unfortunately I failed to do a bit of reading up and bought the one that's for the most flexible people. It may well be in adverts by Fri :D

Turns out I did too. Fortunately it also turns out that I'm still pretty flexible...thinking of dropping my stem a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Turns out I did too. Fortunately it also turns out that I'm still pretty flexible...thinking of dropping my stem a bit more.

It's a quality saddle and surprisingly comfortable. Plenty of room to move around and the narrow nose let's you get right down over the bars.

As for the flexibility side of things a bit more yoga and I'll be laughing although I'll have to take up yoga first. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Picked up a Kask Protone in Base 2 Race on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

What size? Can you put it on a scale by any chance? (I know I am weird :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭omri

AstraMonti wrote: »

If youre asking about protone it must have been medium - lads in B2R had no clue when large are coming out last time Ive been there but they are supposed to be available from few online places around 6th July unless something changed.

Mixed bag of tools that I've been meaning to get, spurred on by the demise of my BBB chainbreaker.

Parktool Brute chaintool,
    Parktool long handled pedal wrench
    Lifeline Fourth hand tool
    Campy Ultratorque BB key

Yeah it's a medium, haven't had a chance or scales to weigh it. Wore it on the wicklow peaks sportive yesterday and it was very very comfortable, wind noise was a lot less than my current helmet and ventilation was sublime.

5dee00e6-3ec1-4954-a3ed-93ed4d9ea12f_zpsvyurjvjy.jpg

Got a set of Pave 28's from Superstar components, very impressed with the build quality and they ride beautifully
    Got the 10% discount from Facebook so they ended up at £180 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Borderfox wrote: »
    Got a set of Pave 28's from Superstar components, very impressed with the build quality and they ride beautifully
    Got the 10% discount from Facebook so they ended up at £180 delivered

I was looking at those, thought they looked like good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

beasty shoes

You are taking fredness to a whole new level. Well played sir!

You are taking fredness to a whole new level. Well played sir!
    I like to set the standards that other freds can only aspire to ....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

i was looking for something that offers a little more coverage at the back of my head so went with this bad boy

11667444_10153758699316549_8294655100999942802_n.jpg?oh=5f4c06a49fa8b040e84d3935c799d4c9&oe=561A7367

stecleary wrote: »
    i was looking for something that offers a little more coverage at the back of my head so went with this bad boy
    Sorry - doesn't properly match club gear - you're dropping down the NCD fredness league ...

ah now come on your "orange" POC is miles off the club gear.
    And as for them shoes, way off club colors

stecleary wrote: »
    ah now come on your "orange" POC is miles off the club gear.
    And as for them shoes, way off club colors

Didn't you get the memo? We're changing the club gear colours to make sure they match those oranges and blue

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

Bought my first road bike yesterday . A carrera virtuoso it's called . I can't wait to get started today . Cycled home from the bike shop last night to get a feel for the gears and breaks .

Only thing I'm a bit nervous about is . When I stoped at lights and I go to restart I found it very difficult to get my feet back into the peddle straps. Twice I had to stop and lean against a fence and place my feet in before I pushed off .

Bought the bike for extra fitness and I can leave the car at home and cycle in 3 from 5 working days .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Only thing I'm a bit nervous about is . When I stoped at lights and I go to restart I found it very difficult to get my feet back into the peddle straps.

Take them off and just use the flats then when you feel like you want a better connection on the pedals upgrade to clipless pedals.

Those toe straps create more issues than they resolve and a more difficult to use than clipless imo.

Congrats on the new bike may ye have many memorable miles together :)

20150717_182835.jpg

Bow-chik-a-wow-wow.

Unfortunately both my knees are now acting up. Oh the inhumanity of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Didn't you get the memo? We're changing the club gear colours to make sure they match those oranges and blue

I heard it's going to be red, black and white like ours....and the blanch lads.....and the clontarf lads....one big cycling conurbation on the northside.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I heard it's going to be red, black and white like ours....and the blanch lads.....and the clontarf lads....one big cycling conurbation on the northside.
    Yep - now understand the big club in the area is swallowing up the minnows, and we're going for United's colours (the guy in charge of the money insisted on that apparently) - already have the red Bont's on order (another 7 weeks for delivery though which should give us a bit of time to get the "takeovers" sorted)

Anyone looking for a pair of blue and orange Bonts (special limited edition)?

• Advertisement

(special limited edition)?

THANKFULLY

Advertisement