Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hollyoaks couple Jacqui McQueen and Rhys Ashworth take centre stage tonight in a special after-dark edition of the soap titled 'King of Hearts'.

The show favourites - played by Claire Cooper and Andy Moss - find themselves entangled in the dangerous world of gangster Danny Houston (Darren Day) once again as Jacqui's desire to protect her family leads her to desperate measures.

With scheming Kathleen still threatening to tell the police the truth about Theresa's murderous secret unless the McQueens stump up £2,000, Jacqui recruits Rhys to scam Danny in a poker game as part of a desperate plot to raise the cash.

However, when Danny discovers their plan, he's soon out for revenge and Rhys finds himself being dangled from a great height by two of the businessman's heavies.

As the drama unfolds, Danny makes it clear that he wants the money back and more - but adds that the debt will be wiped clean if he can have one night with Jacqui.

When Jacqui shocks Rhys by giving the indecent proposal some serious consideration, tension between the pair boils over into a full-blown row.

550w_soaps_hollyoaks_161210_7.jpg

550w_soaps_hollyoaks_161210_8.jpg

550w_soaps_hollyoaks_161210_1.jpg

Determined that his girlfriend should not have to lose her dignity, Rhys teams up with Gilly Roach and they try to resolve the crisis by targeting Danny's glamorous drugs runner Sophia, played by guest star Donna Air.

With a gun in their possession, it seems as if the hapless pair have the upper hand - but when they find the weapon turned on them, it appears that they have landed themselves in some serious danger.

As the action reaches a climax, fans will discover whether Jacqui will have to go through with her night with Danny and whether Rhys and Gilly will escape Sophia's clutches.

Praising the late-night edition in a recent interview with DS, Claire Cooper said: "We get so used to the everyday [episodes], it's almost like we're taken out of our comfort zones. It's exciting. You can take it a bit further - there's a few swear words and we can do more things, as people will see in this episode.

"At 6.30pm, we have to be so careful because of compliance and things sometimes get cut out. With this, we get to tell a story in more detail and sometimes a bit more true to form - showing how people do respond, as obviously we can't show too much at 6.30pm! It's nice to have that freedom and the opportunity to play with it."

550w_soaps_hollyoaks_161210_6.jpg

550w_soaps_hollyoaks_161210_4.jpg

550w_soaps_hollyoaks_161210_2.jpg

550w_soaps_hollyoaks_161210_3.jpg

550w_soaps_hollyoaks_161210_5.jpg

Hollyoaks: King of Hearts airs tonight at 10pm on Channel 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Well...at least Gilly is doing something.

Did anyone watch it? Was it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

Just a quick question, just saw Thursday's episode. Am just wondering has Tony left Hollyoaks coz if he has that was a pretty crap departure. Thanks

Cookie89 wrote: »
    Just a quick question, just saw Thursday's episode. Am just wondering has Tony left Hollyoaks coz if he has that was a pretty crap departure. Thanks

I'd say he will be back

Jacqui finds out the truth that Rhys has betrayed her so hits the bottle. This leads to a drunken Jacqui spending the night with none other than Rhys's best friend Gilly. The results of this night will change their lives forever.

Sparks are set to fly when the McQueens father arrives in Hollyoaks village but why has he turned up now and what is he after?

The Hollyoaks Killer (Silas is Cameron is also Heidi's dad) is still on the loose and looks like he may strike again. Who could be next?

Theresa's is scared when Kyle escapes from prison and her past comes back to haunt her. Is this the end for Theresa and what will happen to baby Angel?

• Advertisement

Those McQueens sure get round
    :rolleyes:

The new year brings some huge changes to Darren Osbourne's life, as his ex lover, Suzanne Ashworth, reappears - and dramatically gives birth to his twins. To make matters even more complicated, the shock twist comes just after he asks new girlfriend Nancy to be his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Had the misfortune to catch the Christmas episode of this. Seriously creepy and depressing. I wouldn't mind but I don't even follow it, I was forced to watch. It put a proper downer onmy christmas eve eve!
    Moral of the story was don't meet people off the internet .

It's like they wanted to beat Eastenders in terms of 'depressing everyone at Christmas'

Hollyoaks producer 1- "Right, lads. Eastenders are having Stacey run awayfor fear of being arrested, an unrequieted declaration of love, Janine stabbing herself, and the possibility of Stacey's mum going completely bonkers. What should we do to knock them off?"

HP 2 - "Rape and kill a 18 year old girl on Christmas Eve after meeting a guy online?"

HP 1 - "BRILLIANT! Love it! Christmas is coming to Hollyoaks!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It didn't depress me at all - I think all soaps need a bit of excitement at christmas time and what better way to do that than introduce a serial killer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

It's like they wanted to beat Eastenders in terms of 'depressing everyone at Christmas'

Hollyoaks producer 1- "Right, lads. Eastenders are having Stacey run awayfor fear of being arrested, an unrequieted declaration of love, Janine stabbing herself, and the possibility of Stacey's mum going completely bonkers. What should we do to knock them off?"

HP 2 - "Rape and kill a 18 year old girl on Christmas Eve after meeting a guy online?"

HP 1 - "BRILLIANT! Love it! Christmas is coming to Hollyoaks!!"

I saw no rape??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

hacked wrote: »
    I saw no rape??

I thought it was heavily alluded to when he moved in on her telling her she was prettier than her picture and then dragged her struggling out of shot. The way they showed her in the boot of the car and her body being disposed off was way OTT for a show aimed at teens on at that hour.It was absolutely horrible I thought.

Did anyone happen to notice if the grandad who turned up at the pub in the end dressed as Santa was the killer?

I thought it was heavily alluded to when he moved in on her telling her she was prettier than her picture and then dragged her struggling out of shot. The way they showed her in the boot of the car and her body being disposed off was way OTT for a show aimed at teens on at that hour.It was absolutely horrible I thought.

Did anyone happen to notice if the grandad who turned up at the pub in the end dressed as Santa was the killer?

Yes Heidi's dad is the killer

I can't believe they are trying to make comedy out of the India murder with her mum and Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Maybe i wasn't paying close enough attention! I just saw him hit her and throw her into the back of the car, then dispose of the body.

Is anyone else getting sick of the McQueens?

Gareth Philips has been promoted as the soap's acting producer, succeeding Paul Marquess following his 12-month stint at the helm of the show.

Philips - who joined the programme's production team last year - will work alongside executive producers Carolyn Reynolds and Tony Wood as Hollyoaks undergoes further transformation in the year ahead.

Speaking of his new role, Philips commented: "I have really enjoyed working in the script team at Hollyoaks and it will be a huge honour to take the reins of Channel 4's flagship youth drama.

"I am very excited about taking the show even further this year with more compelling and brave stories."

Marquess, meanwhile, is leaving the role of series producer at Hollyoaks but will continue to work with production company Lime Pictures on a number of other shows.

In a statement, Marquess said: "When I agreed to give up my life for a year to run a soap again, I never thought it would fly by so quickly. It's now the right time to hand over Hollyoaks and I'm looking forward to new projects."

Since replacing Lucy Allan in January 2010, Marquess has instigated a number of changes at the teen soap, writing out several characters and unveiling new signings to take their places, including Sheree Murphy (Eva Strong), Kim Tiddy (Heidi Costello), Emmett Scanlan (Brendan Brady), Alex Fletcher (Diane O'Connor) and Stephanie Davis (Sinead O'Connor).

Ste and Brendan's dark relationship, Jasmine's transgender struggle, the devastating Il Gnosh fire and a new serial killer plot are among the storylines which have been overseen by Marquess.

Discussing the changeover, Carolyn Reynolds said: "I'd like to thank Paul Marquess for all he has done for Hollyoaks in the last 12 months. It's been great working with him again and we look forward to embarking on new projects.

"We're also delighted to be working with Gareth Philips. He's a very talented storyteller and this is a very exciting appointment for Hollyoaks."

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Can anyone tell me why they are not investigating India's murder? I really liked that storyline but not they have made a mockery of it with Lee and India's Mum. Texas is the only one actually making sense!

Also where's Nancy and Cameron (Heidi's Dad) got to? Did he kill her? Didn't watch that episode

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why they are not investigating India's murder? I really liked that storyline but not they have made a mockery of it with Lee and India's Mum. Texas is the only one actually making sense!

Also where's Nancy and Cameron (Heidi's Dad) got to? Did he kill her? Didn't watch that episode

They went to where India's body was found and Darren came along so Nancy was saved

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebnews/view/30781/Channel-4-soap-Hollyoaks-could-be-axed-after-ratings-crisis-/
    Channel 4's long-running soap Hollyoaks is apparently facing the axe after its rating fell below 1 million people a show.Hollyoaks, which started in 1995 and is set in Chester, is well known for it complicated storylines, attractive young actors, racy plots and controversial topics.

It became the quintessential 'student soap' due to it always being on in the daytime, and quickly attracted a loyal fanbase.

But apparently new Channel 4 boss Jay Hunt is considering ending the programme when she takes up her post next week, according to the Sun newspaper.

A source said: "There has been unease within Channel 4 for a while about the soap's direction."

However a Hollyoaks spokesperson the soap still has a future: "’Hollyoaks’ remains an important part of the Channel 4 schedule."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jools_452

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    They went to where India's body was found and Darren came along so Nancy was saved

http://www.ok.co.uk/celebnews/view/30781/Channel-4-soap-Hollyoaks-could-be-axed-after-ratings-crisis-/

Yup looking likely it may go..brookside all over again, in which case they are likely to go out with a bng (i.e ridiculously implausible crazy bombing/fire/flood...)

missed hollyoaks all xmas and new year...in which time India died...really really bad scripting re her mother and Lee! why???did she ever actually seem upset by her daughters dealth? and are amber & co gone for good??

• Advertisement

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a297950/hollyoaks-confirms-cast-departures.html

Hollyoaks bosses have today cleared up confusion surrounding the fates of the soap's Sharpe family and Anita Roy.

The four-member Sharpe clan - consisting of Gabby (Phina Oruche), Phil (Andonis Anthony), Taylor (Shaun Blackstock) and Amber (Lydia Lloyd-Henry) - were introduced to the show last summer as part of former producer Paul Marquess's rejuvenation of the programme.

However, shortly before Christmas fans saw the family's storylines reach an abrupt end before they departed the village. Since then, the fallout of Amber's teen pregnancy plot has been resolved with the foursome remaining offscreen.

A Hollyoaks spokesperson told DS today: "There are no immediate plans to bring the Sharpe family back into the show following their recent departure."

Meanwhile, it has also been confirmed that next week's drama for Anita Roy (Saira Choudhry) - which sees her old nemesis Gaz return to the village - will result in the character leaving the soap permanently.

The show's representative said: "Sadly Saira Choudhry will be leaving us on screen in the week commencing 17th January and there are no plans for her to return. After two-and-a-half fantastic and action-packed years in the show for Anita, Saira felt it was time to move on and we wish her the very best of luck."

Additionally, Anita's outrageous mother Eva will be seen leaving the village in the days ahead - but, as reported back in August, a future comeback is possible for her portrayer Sheree Murphy.

"Because of family commitments, Sheree sadly had to inform the writers that she wouldn't be able to renew her contract with Hollyoaks when it came to an end and her exit was storylined," the spokesperson said. "However, the door has been left open for Eva to return to the village and now that Sheree's personal circumstances have changed, the team will consider the feasibility of bringing Eva back at a later date."

Finally, DS can also confirm that Hollyoaks High headteacher Rob O'Connor (Gary Cargill) will remain offscreen "for the time being" following his split from wife Diane (Alex Fletcher) in this week's episodes.

Did I have a stroke or something, or was that just a really badly written article?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

Hollyoaks seems all over the place at the moment. They tried to change too much at once. I don't regularly watch it but I have one question - how are Cheryl and Brendan brother and sister? She has a northern accent and he has a Dublin accent. Just wondering if this has ever been explained???

Hollyoaks' Rae Wilson will soon receive a nasty shock when she walks in on her boyfriend Ste as he's half-naked and in a clinch with Brendan at the club!

It's a big moment for the young mum-to-be as Ste has previously assured her that he's not gay and that his previous passion with Brendan was nothing more than a one-off.

Here, Soap Scoop takes an in-pictures look at the moment that Rae makes her shock discovery with Mitzeee by her side…

hollyoaks_3009_01_550msrb.jpg © Lime Pictures

hollyoaks_3009_02_550bs.jpg © Lime Pictures

hollyoaks_3009_03_550bs.jpg © Lime Pictures

As the shocking truth sinks in for Rae, what will this mean for her pregnancy and what twists could be in store next?

These scenes air on Thursday, February 3 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/scoop/a298744/pics-ste-and-brendan-caught-out-in-oaks.html

Frankie's new granddaughter (from her secret child) looks very like Steph

So Mandy is sending Warren the texts :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Yeh whats happening about her granddaughter.. Whose the mother/father? I missed that episode!

Also she looks very familiar as an actress, might just google her!

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Yeh whats happening about her granddaughter.. Whose the mother/father? I missed that episode!

Also she looks very familiar as an actress, might just google her!

The father of Esther is Frankie's son, she had him when she was 16 and Frankie's parents took him away when he was a baby and told her he'd died which he didn't. Esther is Frankie's granddaughter.

Hollyoaks favourite Jacqui McQueen is to accuse Gilly Roach of raping her in a hard-hitting new storyline, it has been revealed.

A dramatic plot for the pair - played by Claire Cooper and Anthony Quinlan - begins later this month when they share a drunken kiss amid problems in their respective relationships with Rhys Ashworth and Lynsey Nolan.

Things soon go a step further and events later take a startling turn when Jacqui claims that Gilly raped her on the night in question. Gilly, meanwhile, confirms that he had sex with Jacqui but insists it was consensual.

Speaking to Soaplife about the gritty plot, Claire Cooper explained: "They're telling the same story but are looking at it from different angles. Just who to believe is a very grey area. It will split the village and the viewers."

Discussing whether Gilly did rape Jacqui, she continued: "It's what Jacqui believes happened. She agrees she was drunk and kissed Gilly but she didn't want sex and she's convinced she was raped. She thinks she made it clear to Gilly she didn't want sex but somehow he didn't get the message."

As the plotline continues, Gilly is arrested and charged after Jacqui reports him to the police. However, as Gilly continues to protest his innocence, many of the Hollyoaks residents - including Rhys - will be unsure of who to believe.

Asked whether she knows the outcome of the storyline, Cooper replied: "No. Neither of us do. We don't know what happened that night. We've just been told that our characters each think they're telling the truth. [Anthony] and I have talked about it a lot. I even read his scripts to try to work it out. The outcome will be a surprise for both of us."

The storyline begins on Monday, February 14 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That sounds like it'll be good.

• Advertisement

That sounds like it'll be good.

I think it will ruin the characters of Gilly and Jacqui imo and after seeing the episode Jacqui kissed Gilly first even Tom saw them so I dont think he rapes her

Whats the deal with Warren and Theresa (who I wished had really died) both seem to care alot of each other now :confused: and as for Ethan (PC Plum :p) he is terrible and useless

Advertisement