Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,379 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That should be good - Rhys and Jacqui are my two favourite characters at the moment, so nice to see they'll be involved in the special.
    I actually like Brendan - think he's a decent villain and also extremely likeable at the same time.

Brendan is suppose to have a history with
    Kris that hopefully will get explored when Kris returns briefly more than likely they slept together in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jools_452

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Brendan is suppose to have a history with
    Kris that hopefully will get explored when Kris returns briefly more than likely they slept together in the past

Hah! Why is that anyone whose gay in a soap will always sleep with ALL the other gay people in the soap..I guess maybe because there's only a small pool to choose from!!!!! Is Kris just back for min-stint? Whys Nancy still on the show? shes boooring! also whats going on with the teenage pregancy thing, the 'father' looks about 5 years old???!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pupito

Funny how when Brendan was being all moustache-smoothing-out and threatening Amy and her children last night in her hospital room, her heart rate never climbed above 90bpm.

Where did Rae come back from? I thought she was with Newt and left with him :confused:

And when did Macca go to hospital :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm starting to wonder is Leanne started the fire, to "get rid" of Amy.

She seems pretty twisted.

EDIT - "Soooo embarrassing :rolleyes:". The response of a despondant 12 year old whose mum just found out she's pregnant. Are you kidding me?
    Her reaction to this whole thing had little more emotion than "Oops! Missed the bus!"

EDIT 2 - God. That scene with Mercy, Mal and Cheryl made up for it. :(

EDIT 3 - And then Amber's mum's acting ruined again. Seriously, who side steps over to someone like that?!

• Advertisement

EDIT - "Soooo embarrassing :rolleyes:". The response of a despondant 12 year old whose mum just found out she's pregnant. Are you kidding me?
    Her reaction to this whole thing had little more emotion than "Oops! Missed the bus!"

EDIT 3 - And then Amber's mum's acting ruined again. Seriously, who side steps over to someone like that?!

Is it wrong that I wanted Gabby and her kids to smoke it in the fire :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Is it wrong that I wanted Gabby and her kids to smoke it in the fire :rolleyes:

No, I'm not a fan of Gabby and her family - well i don't mind taylor but don't wanna watch another teenage pregnancy

Im also thinkin that when Tony finds out Dom done it, he'll take the blame and protect him like he always does.. could be exit that way

Dom is leaving as is Jem and Ravi but I dont think Tony is

Also
    A special stand-alone Hollyoaks episode focusing on Warren Fox's shock comeback is to air at the beginning of December, it has been announced.
    Last month, viewers saw Jamie Lomas's bad boy character arrive back in the village more than a year after he appeared to lose his life during a massive fire at The Loft.
    Since his return, the notorious villain has been back to his old ways by causing trouble in the village - but the truth about how he escaped the nightclub blaze has remained a closely-guarded secret.
    However, in an episode of the soap due to air on December 1 on Channel 4, all will become clear when a series of flashbacks show how Warren cheated death on a fateful night for Hollyoaks.
    Exact details of the flashbacks are expected to be kept under wraps until transmission.
    Over the past few weeks, Warren has spooked schoolboy Tom Cunningham (Ellis Hollins) by regularly making his presence known to him. He has also targeted The Loft's new owner Cheryl Brady (Bronagh Waugh) with a sinister prank and appeared in a number of scenes with fellow returnee Mandy Hutchinson (Sarah Jayne Dunn).
    Lomas recently told DS that his storyline will feature "intrigue", "mystery" and "so many twists and turns".

Was wondering if was just me thinking Leeanne might have started it! Generally Hollyoaks like to put the culprit as someone you wouldn't ever/really have expected it to be (i.e. Theresa with Calvin among others) so could well be Leeanne. Dom/warren/brendan=too obvious!!!!!! Leeannes euuurgh anyway, get her out!

WORST ACTING/SCRIPTWRITING ever re Amber and her Mum and the 'revelation'. what on earth??????!! And her Mum's pretty insensitive 'did someone make u have sex?????' (if amber had in fact been raped this would have been awful!!!) This scene was atrocious for so many reasons. There was potential there to make it much better!!!!!!

Malachy dying one-well dealt with! Cudos to Jennifer Metcalfe for finally showing her acting ability!

Mercedes McQueen Fisher's new love triangle
    will involve father and son Carl and Riley Costello

• Advertisement

it was painful to watch dom's scenes with tony yday.. his acting is really bad!

Jasmine horrifies her family when she reveals that she wants to be a boy but is distraught by thier harsh reaction- so she takes scissors to her wrists. She then intends to run away with Bart. But Bart finds the truth to hard to handle and breaks up with her.

The students take to internet dating. Texas bags herself a hot speciman whilst Darren and Nancy have less success but find they have an awful lot in common. Inspired by Texa's success, India decides to give online dating a try- but there's horrific consequences when India fails to return the next morning.

Darren and Nancy?!!
    Oh dear god no. :mad:

Nancy should have left with Kris or by herself - I dont see the point of her character

BTW where is little Charlie these days :confused:

Wasn't he with Tom in the park when Broody Vengeful Gilly punched Bart?

EDIT: Oh you mean the baby. I thought you meant the Scottish guy :o

Ah sure. You know what soaps are like with babies. Anything that can't talk is hardly ever seen. I'd say he's "at the creche/minders/gran's (were Becca and Nancy's parents ever even in the show?)/etc"

Nancy should have left with Kris or by herself - I dont see the point of her character

BTW where is little Charlie these days :confused:

Agreed, cant believe they've got rid of much more interesting characters with potential-malachy/zach etc and kept in Nancy! She (the actress) must be sleeping with the producer.

cant believe xmas spoilers..am bored of mercedes doing that now, would been much more interesting if had been another character..like............hmm not sure. any ideas?

Hollyoaks promised us a massive murder by the end of the year – and it’s finally here! India isn’t impressed when Tex tries internet dating – until she chaperones her sister on a date and the mystery man turns out to be hot. Fancying a Christmas romance, India sets up a date for herself, but when Nancy and Tex are too busy to ensure her safety from afar, she heads off to meet her online date alone… only to discover something doesn’t add up.
    Before her friends realise she’s missing, India has met a grizzly end after being murdered and buried in some woods, wrapped in an old carpet. Hmm, there’s nothing like a murder to make you feel festive.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Delighted with that bit of news....HATE that character.

Also, agree with everyone above. Was so impressed with the Malachy death scene. Acting was fabulous!

NOO!! i was beginning to like her. why not the sister instead?

Is that going to be a Hollyoaks Later storyline, or what? It's pretty dark for Hollyoaks. But fair play to them, I suppose, for doing that kind of storyline.

I don't think anything like that has come up in a soap since Sarah in Coronation Street about 8 years ago.

I wonder what the reaction will be to
    Nancy and Texas leaving India alone with the guy

• Advertisement

Another three new characters are to join Hollyoaks in the weeks ahead, shaking up life in the village as the soap's ongoing renewal process continues.

Theresa McQueen's new best friend Liberty, her fiancé Ethan Scott and mysterious Irishman Pete will all quickly make their mark in Chester once they make their debut on screen in forthcoming episodes.

Actress and singer-songwriter Abi Phillips has taken on the role of Liberty, who immediately hits it off with Theresa (Jorgie Porter) when they meet for the first time. However, it's not long until the pair's blossoming friendship hits an unexpected stumbling block.

Phillips will already be familiar to some fans of the teen show as she is the voice behind the track 'Missing You', which proved popular with viewers when it was recently featured in Steph Roach's death episode. The musician penned the song after being inspired by Steph's cervical cancer storyline and later submitted it to be used on the show.

Following the strong response to the track, Hollyoaks bosses arranged a meeting with Phillips and subsequently invited her to audition for the part of Liberty - a character they had been developing for some time.

Meanwhile, actor Craig Vye has landed the role of Ethan, a detective constable who catches Theresa's eye when he arrives in the village. A mutual attraction between the pair quickly grows, but when Theresa discovers that Ethan is Liberty's fiancé, she realises that she has found herself in another tricky situation.

Finally, former Cast Offs star Peter Mitchell's casting has also been officially confirmed. The Northern Irish actor - who has used a wheelchair since 2002 after a car crash left him paralysed - is to play Brendan Brady's old friend Pete, a new arrival who has a complicated history with the nightclub manager and turns up with a score to settle.

Liberty and Ethan will both appear on screen for the first time next week, while Pete makes his debut in February.

another irishman! great..

this show will soon have more irish than actually chesterians (lol whatever there called)

i'm all for the irish but its getting a little over run

doesnt take Mercedes long -
    Riley pops the question - asks her to marry him!! she says yes.

also - new boy band? Guy Candy.

Hollyoaks-wk49-2010-Guy-Candy-431x300-9.jpg

One Direction have let themselves go.

Definitely getting v fed up with Hollyoaks at this stage! I know things move quickly in soaps but the Mercedes thingy.........bleurgh! between that and amber and all the new characters............If wasnt for Jackie and Reese I wouldnt even bother watching the sunday morning re-run (only doing so as theres very little to watch at 9am on sunday morn)

Cookie33 wrote: »
    doesnt take Mercedes long -
    Riley pops the question - asks her to marry him!! she says yes.

also - new boy band? Guy Candy.

Hollyoaks-wk49-2010-Guy-Candy-431x300-9.jpg

Yessir..this lot have faces only a mother could love..that said only 1 of these 4 actually DOES have a mother/parent figure...very telling..

Another three new characters are to join Hollyoaks in the weeks ahead, shaking up life in the village as the soap's ongoing renewal process continues.

Theresa McQueen's new best friend Liberty, her fiancé Ethan Scott and mysterious Irishman Pete will all quickly make their mark in Chester once they make their debut on screen in forthcoming episodes.

Actress and singer-songwriter Abi Phillips has taken on the role of Liberty, who immediately hits it off with Theresa (Jorgie Porter) when they meet for the first time. However, it's not long until the pair's blossoming friendship hits an unexpected stumbling block.

Phillips will already be familiar to some fans of the teen show as she is the voice behind the track 'Missing You', which proved popular with viewers when it was recently featured in Steph Roach's death episode. The musician penned the song after being inspired by Steph's cervical cancer storyline and later submitted it to be used on the show.

Following the strong response to the track, Hollyoaks bosses arranged a meeting with Phillips and subsequently invited her to audition for the part of Liberty - a character they had been developing for some time.

Meanwhile, actor Craig Vye has landed the role of Ethan, a detective constable who catches Theresa's eye when he arrives in the village. A mutual attraction between the pair quickly grows, but when Theresa discovers that Ethan is Liberty's fiancé, she realises that she has found herself in another tricky situation.

Finally, former Cast Offs star Peter Mitchell's casting has also been officially confirmed. The Northern Irish actor - who has used a wheelchair since 2002 after a car crash left him paralysed - is to play Brendan Brady's old friend Pete, a new arrival who has a complicated history with the nightclub manager and turns up with a score to settle.

Liberty and Ethan will both appear on screen for the first time next week, while Pete makes his debut in February.
    That girl does have a beautiful voice..I was sure it had been Steph (Carley Stephenson) singing it at the time..

Jools_452 wrote: »
    Yessir..this lot have faces only a mother could love..that said only 1 of these 4 actually DOES have a mother/parent figure...very telling..

you mean 2 of these 5? Seth and Taylor

Cookie33 wrote: »
    you mean 2 of these 5? Seth and Taylor

oops i only took a very quick glance, but yes 2 out of 5! Feel like Im being interviewed (and corrected) on The apprentice now..

• Advertisement

Bad boys Gaz Bennett and Doug Carter are both returning to Hollyoaks, DS can confirm.

Gaz - played by Joel Goonan - has been absent from screens since August, when he ended up in prison as his wayward behaviour came back to haunt him.

PJ Brennan's character Doug, meanwhile, was introduced as a new student in September, but he left the village in disgrace at the end of Freshers' Week when he was exposed as a drug dealer.

Speculation that both characters would return began yesterday when fans spotted that Goonan and Brennan both appear in a special Christmas music video recorded by the Hollyoaks cast.

Gaz's return will be a cruel blow for Anita Roy (Saira Choudhry), as he previously tormented her with racist bullying for months, pushing her to the edge.

Doug is also unlikely to receive a warm welcome back to the village following the devastating impact of his previous stint, which resulted in no-nonsense Carl Costello (Paul Opacic) warning him to pack his bags or else.

A Hollyoaks source told DS today: "Much to Anita's concern, Gaz will be making a shocking return to the village in the weeks ahead. Doug will also be coming back, but the details of how, why and when he returns are currently being kept under wraps."

Advertisement