Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hollyoaks has announced plans to put one of its biggest ever storylines into the hands of the public by recruiting a 'jury' to decide the outcome of an on-screen rape trial.

In an ambitious first for UK soap, the programme's bosses will invite 12 ordinary members of the public to look at the evidence, deliberate the case and ultimately decide whether show regular Gilly Roach is guilty or not guilty as he stands trial for raping Jacqui McQueen.

As revealed earlier this month, Gilly (Anthony Quinlan) is to be arrested and charged in the weeks ahead after Jacqui (Claire Cooper) claims that he sexually assaulted her. Following the accusation, the personal trainer confirms that he had sex with Jacqui on the night in question but insists it was consensual.

The act of rape does not feature on screen and neither Jacqui nor Gilly is lying about what took place, but both are reading the same situation very differently - leaving villagers and viewers unsure of what really happened. Crucially, the storyline is not a case of a 'false accusation' but instead explores the complex and emotive subject of rape from two different perspectives.

Hollyoaks bosses undertook thorough research while planning the storyline to ensure an accurate portrayal of the issue, consulting rape charities Rape Crisis and SARC (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) and the Don't Cross The Line campaign among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

That actually sounds quite interesting....

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Never been a fan of Rhys but I'm feeling sorry for him at the moment. Tug of war between his girlfriend and his long term best friend?

I wonder what the outcome will be? I'm hoping it will go in Jacqui's favour because after Steph died, Gilly has annoyed because of his "Noel Gallagher" attitude (Quoted by Lindsey during their argument a few weeks ago)

Lynsey Nolan slips into a saucy outfit for her new job – but it doesn’t look like she’ll make it to work.

The gorgeous brunette is grabbed from behind by twisted killer Silas Blissett after her flat is plunged into darkness.

The sick predator, who has already killed India Longford, strikes as Lynsey prepares to appear on Lee Hunter and Jamil Fadel’s radio webcam.

The terrified lass has no idea who has grabbed her and fans will have to wait and see if she becomes his second victim.

A Hollyoaks insider said: “Silas has been waiting patiently for his next victim. He came close to killing India’s sister Texas but had a change of heart at the last minute.

“He’s had the urge to kill again for some time and seeing Lynsey in her outfit drives him insane.

“She has no idea who her attacker is and freezes when she’s grabbed. Lynsey’s a plucky young girl but Silas is one sick man and it really isn’t looking very good for her at all.”

This happens the 11th of March.

Hollyoaks bosses have confirmed the full details of the soap's new Savage clan, who will cause chaos in the village when they arrive on screen next month.

As reported earlier today, viewers will soon be introduced to Liberty Savage's (Abi Phillips) family for the first time since her debut on the soap late last year.

James Atherton (pictured) has taken on the role of geeky Will Savage, his first major TV role since studying at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).

Atherton commented: "It all happened really quickly and I'd started filming before I had time to think. Everyone's just been so friendly and made it really easy to settle in. Will is awkward, shy and a hopeless romantic that hopefully the viewers will fall in love with."

Meanwhile, following a stint in the West End musical Wicked, Danny Mac has also joined the cast as Liberty and Will's brother Mark 'Dodger' Savage. The Del Boy-style character quickly causes a stir in the village with his wily ways and soon has the local ladies eating from the palm of his hand.

Speaking of his casting, Mac explained: "I am over the moon, the last few weeks have been crazy and Dodger's kept me on my toes every second. It's exciting never knowing what he's going to get up to next, and believe me the limits are endless. I can't wait for people to meet him!

"The cast are such a close family and have been very welcoming to us lads. I am proud to be a Savage and live in anticipation every moment to see what the next move is for the family!"

Finally, actor David Kennedy is to appear as the siblings' father Dirk Savage, who shares many traits with Dodger and tries to charm show regular Myra McQueen following his arrival on screen. Kennedy has previously appeared in EastEnders and Holby City, as well as portraying Billy 'Two Hats' in ITV's William and Mary.

A Hollyoaks statement teased: "The new family will take the village by storm and are set to rub all the McQueens up the wrong way. The Savage family get evicted from their home when Dirk can't keep up with the payments. Liberty is furious to come home and find her house all boarded up but big brother Dodger has a new house for them to live in!

"While the McQueens are away on holiday, Dodger moves his family into the empty house and declares squatters' rights! How will the McQueens react to their new housemates?"

• Advertisement

Hollyoaks star Karen Hassan has confirmed that vengeful Silas Blissett will soon have Cheryl Brady in his sinister sights as his dark storyline continues.

Earlier this month, Lynsey discovered Silas's true colours when he broke into her flat and attacked her. She later spread the word about his behaviour around the village, but few people believed her story.

In a new interview with All About Soap, Hassan revealed that Silas (Jeff Rawle) soon seizes an opportunity to get even with Lynsey when he spots her handing over diet pills to Cheryl Brady (Bronagh Waugh).

She explained: "Lynsey buys the pills for Cheryl off the internet, which is completely innocent. But Silas spots Lynsey giving the pills to Cheryl and sees an opportunity to get his own back. His evil instincts kick in once again and he slyly swaps Cheryl's diet pills for his own medication.

"Poor Cheryl takes the wrong pills and ends up collapsing in Chez Chez. Lynsey and Rhys find her slumped unconscious in the club. It's a terrifying moment for Lynsey, who's overcome with guilt for putting her best friend in hospital."

Discussing the aftermath of the incident, the actress continued: "The doctors tell her that a high level of sedative has been found in Cheryl's blood, but Lynsey is completely flummoxed by how it could have got there. It doesn't cross her mind at this stage that Silas would have wanted to hurt Cheryl. However, I think the penny will eventually drop for her."

Hassan added that Silas is trying to "blacken" Lynsey's name with the scheme, which will play out on screen in the middle of next month.

nice to see Silas back to his old tricks again..

really dont like the heidi and gaz storyline.. infact why did they bring him back in the first place? As much as I hate Carl I hope he finds out soon and gives him a good thumping!

Still not sure about dodger and his family, nice to look at but I prefer the mcqueens and think there should only be one family like that in the soap

So both Jacqui and Gilly leave after the rape trial - who was guilty :confused:

Surely Heidi could do a lot better than Gaz

I wanna see Riley get with Lynsey

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So both Jacqui and Gilly leave after the rape trial - who was guilty :confused:

Surely Heidi could do a lot better than Gaz

I wanna see Riley get with Lynsey

I think Hollyoaks just wanted to show both sides that are affected due to a rape.. I know Gilly was found not guilty but it still isnt resolved.. What's going to happen when they come back? Are they going to pretend everything is fine?

Daisy Turner has admitted that she felt under pressure to impress Hollyoaks fans when filming her debut on the soap.

The actress, who is the younger sister of former EastEnders star Lacey Turner, has joined the cast of the Channel 4 show in the role of Jenny, a mysterious newcomer who will soon turn up at Chez Chez looking to settle a score.

In an interview with The Sun, the show's new recruit confessed that comparisons to Lacey will be inevitable once she appears on screen.

She explained: "I've prepared myself for people to say I'm not as good as Lacey. It can be annoying to always be referred to as her sister. But getting this part is something that I have done on my own. I don't want people to think I only got it because of Lacey.

"Lacey has done so well - it does put pressure on me. I think she is brilliant and I want to be as good as that. I've tried my best so we will have to wait and see what people think."

Daisy added that she was inspired by her sister's successful six-year stint on EastEnders, which saw her win numerous awards for her portrayal of Stacey Slater.

"Seeing her on screen pushed me more to want to be an actress," she said. "I was about 16 when she joined EastEnders. It was a bit weird watching her on telly at first but you get used to it.

"I found it funny when she did sex scenes. But I cried when Stacey was diagnosed with bipolar, thinking, 'That's my sister, what's she doing?'"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I have to say everyone goes on about Carmel and Mercedes but I think Cindy and Tex are bloody fit and cindy has got some bod on her. ;)

Jacqui and Mercedes
    are suppose to be preggers and dont know who the daddies are

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jacqui and Mercedes
    are suppose to be preggers and dont know who the daddies are

I thought
    Jacqui couldn't have kids
    :confused:

I thought
    Jacqui couldn't have kids
    :confused:

I thought so too

Hollyoaks star Rachel Shenton has revealed that her feisty character Mitzeee Minniver will be "terrified" when she hears the truth about Louise Summers's death in a forthcoming storyline.

Mitzeee discovers that her boyfriend Warren Fox (Jamie Lomas) killed Louise in episodes which air early next month. The drama begins when detective Ethan Scott (Craig Vye) asks Mitzeee to betray the village bad boy in return for granting the freedom of her mum Trish, who has been arrested for soliciting.

In an interview with All About Soap, Shenton explained: "Ethan blackmails her into doing some digging about Louise Summers's murder in return for letting Trish out of prison. Mitzeee is very loyal to her mum and would do anything to help her.

"She questions Warren, but it all goes wrong when he discovers that Mitzeee is recording their conversation. He's not pleased Mitzeee is double-crossing him, so he uses the fact that Ethan's blackmailing Mitzeee to turn the tables and blackmail him back."

Asked whether Warren tells Mitzeee the truth about Louise's death, Shenton replied: "Yes, Mitzeee can't believe it. He tells her everything about the night Louise died, and Mitzeee suddenly has all this power. She's terrified that Warren might be capable of killing someone he loves again, but she has no idea what to do with this new information."

The actress added that Mitzeee eventually decides to hand Nancy a letter telling her everything about Warren's past, ordering her not to read it unless something happens to her.

Discussing what happens to the letter, Shenton continued: "It's not long before it gets accidentally shredded - or so they think. In fact, the letter is actually hanging around somewhere and it will no doubt come back to haunt Mitzeee in the not-too-far future."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/h ... ified.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

How come Lyndsey isn't doing anything about Silas attacking her?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's that time of year again folks... The 2nd annual Boards.ie Soap Awards!!!
    Get your nominations in for all your favourite soaps before May 31st...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056255455

Please read the opening post carefully before nominating...

Hollyoaks star Rachel Shenton has promised that there will be "shocks" in store for fans when the soap revisits the death of Louise Summers in a new storyline.

As first revealed last month, Shenton's character Mitzeee Minniver
    will soon be left terrified when her boyfriend Warren Fox (Jamie Lomas) tells her how he killed ex-partner Louise on their wedding day.

Next week's episodes see Warren take Mitzeee out to the woods, before
    recalling his dark crime in a full and frank confession. He does so after Mitzeee starts asking awkward questions about Louise's fate because she is being blackmailed by detective Ethan Scott.

hollyoaks_3078_01_550mw.jpg© Lime Pictures

Pictured: Warren tells Mitzeee the truth.

Louise's demise aired in December 2008 after actress Roxanne McKee
    decided to bow out from the role. However, the full circumstances surrounding the character's death were never made clear to viewers.

In an interview with Inside Soap about next week's twists, Shenton teased: "There are plenty of shocks! The audience didn't actually see Warren kill Louise, so a lot is revealed.

"It's a big deal for Warren to confess because he doesn't know how Mitzeee will take it or what she might do with the information."

Discussing the aftermath of Warren's confession, Shenton added: "Mitzeee does love Warren, but she doesn't know what to do for the best. She might be a girl about town and have done some unethical things in her time, but I'm not sure she can condone murder."

At the end of next week, fans will see Mitzeee hand a letter to her friend Nancy Hayton which reveals everything she knows. However, she orders the aspiring journalist not to read it unless something happens to her, leaving Nancy with a dilemma.

I'm happy that their revisiting Louise's death because it was never fully explained however they may have left it too late - that was a long time ago now!

Coming up on Hollyoaks, fan favourite Jacqui has an eventful few days in store later this month after her loved ones discover that she has returned to Chester secretly.

While volunteering at the hospital, Carmel bumps into Jacqui and when the pair go home together, Myra is annoyed to hear that her daughter didn't tell the family she was back.

Jacqui soon shares some surprising news with everyone as she reveals that she's agreed to be a kidney donor for Billy's daughter Emily, giving into her father's request at last. The next day, Jacqui and Emily share a tense wait for news from the hospital - will Jacqui be a match?

As well as the drama with her real dad and Emily, Jacqui must also make a decision about her future with Rhys.

Following heart-to-hearts with Tony and Myra, Jacqui makes her choice - heading round to Rhys's flat and asking him to marry her! What will Rhys say?

hollyoaks_3082_01_550ej.jpg © Lime Pictures

hollyoaks_3083_03_550jr.jpg © Lime Pictures

hollyoaks_3083_02_550jr.jpg © Lime Pictures

These scenes air on Tuesday, May 17 and Wednesday, May 18 at 6.30pm on Channel 4

The actors who play Brendan and Jacqui are dating off screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Keith Duffys son has landed a part in Hollyoaks as the son of Brendan Brady

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a318307/keith-duffys-son-lands-hollyoaks-role.html

Hollyoaks will bid farewell to a trio of male characters in the coming months as three actors have decided to leave the soap.

Show bosses have confirmed that Alex Carter is to bow out from the teen drama after nearly a year back on screen as Lee Hunter, while Dean Aspen and Ashley Margolis have also chosen to depart their roles as double act Duncan Button and Ricky Campbell.

After spending a decade in soapland while starring in Hollyoaks and Emmerdale, 28-year-old Carter is now hoping to pursue other opportunities.

Speaking of his decision, the actor said: "After ten years in soap, it feels like the right time to find out what else is out there."

He laughed: "I'm so grateful to Hollyoaks for giving me my first break and I'll be gutted to leave behind some really good friends that I've made in the cast and crew, but I'm sure I'll keep in touch with the ones I like!"

Aspen and Margolis, meanwhile, have also decided to broaden their horizons after two years in Hollyoaks.

"I have had an absolutely brilliant time playing Duncan - I feel like Hollyoaks have paid me to laugh," Aspen said. "But, after two years, I really feel the time is right for a new challenge. I will be very sad to leave but hopefully the door will be left open and you just don't know what could happen in the future. I'd love to think Duncan could return."

Margolis added: "I'm not sure if I'm crazy or brave but yes, I think it's time for me as an actor to move on. I could very happily stay forever in my comfort zone - Hollyoaks is a great place to work. But with Dean moving on it just feels like the right time. Ricky has been a great character and I've learnt a lot in two and a half years. Landing a role on Hollyoaks at 15 was a dream in itself but I've always wanted to have a broad acting career so it's now or never."

I'll not miss Lee, really couldn't stand him.
    I'll miss Duncan :( the most

I hope nutter Leanne leaves as well

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

seriously. lee and leanne were the sows biggest mistakes when getting a new cast. there's nothing remotely likeable about either of them.

I stopped watching Hollyoaks a couple of weeks ago because I felt the storylines were being dragged out too long and everything was either repetitive or stale. Lee, Duncan and Ricky were 3 of my favourite characters, I can see another cast changeover on the horizon, but most likely this time it'll be the actors not wanting to renew their contracts. These 3 have just gotten the ball rolling...

The only thing keeping me interested in Hollyoaks is Brendan Brady. I didn't like him at first but now I love him, he's a great actor. I just think his storylines are coming to a close and they should bring back Cheryl and Warren & Mitzeee

Cookie33 wrote: »
    The only thing keeping me interested in Hollyoaks is Brendan Brady.

Probably the only reason I continued watching as long as I did was because of Brendan Brady - easily one of the best soap characters ever and Emmett Scanlan is a fantastic actor, but I can't see him sticking around long term. Too much hype about him - he'll land a big film role or something soon and be out of 'Oaks before we know it...

Hollyoaks bosses have today announced the casting of actor and dancer Richard Winsor as new character Father Francis.

The newcomer arrives in the village this summer and immediately makes an impression on Carmel McQueen, who has recently been training to become a nun.

Although she feels attracted towards her new acquaintance's rugged looks and religious nature, Carmel (Gemma Merna) soon decides that Father Francis has been sent to test her faith and vows to stay on the right path.

However, the possibility of sinning has never seemed so attractive to Carmel and as Father Francis begins to settle into life at Hollyoaks, fans will be left to wonder whether she will stay strong or succumb to her true feelings.

Speaking of his new role in Hollyoaks, Winsor commented: "I didn't know what to expect but I turned up on my first day to a very warm welcome. The entire cast and crew are so friendly and supportive. Father Francis is in safe hands!"

Winsor, who was named 'Sexiest Dancer In The World' by Elle magazine last year, is best known for playing the role of Tomas in 2010 movie Streetdance 3D. He has also made his mark on Broadway, working closely with award-winning choreographer Matthew Bourne on a number of productions, including Edward Scissorhands and Swan Lake.

Father Francis makes his debut on screen at the beginning of July.

Did they not do this a few years ago with Father Kieron Hobbs and John Paul McQueen?

Also Lucy Dixon from Waterloo Road is joining at the end of June.

• Advertisement

Cookie33 wrote: »
    The only thing keeping me interested in Hollyoaks is Brendan Brady. I didn't like him at first but now I love him, he's a great actor. I just think his storylines are coming to a close and they should bring back Cheryl and Warren & Mitzeee

Yes I agree about Brendan he is the best character on the show now I wasnt a fan of his at the start either

I hate Ruby and Sinead

Advertisement