Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Next couple of weeks look like they'll be fantastic in 'Oaks...
    Later is on this week and it looks like it'll be fantastic (Theresa goes into labour, the Costellos get beaten up and it looks like Bart will be in a coma) and also next week sees the return of Warren Fox on the regular show, then the second week of November will be the week of the big fire and its looking like 4 or 5 characters will be killed off in that. Should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Next couple of weeks look like they'll be fantastic in 'Oaks...
    Later is on this week and it looks like it'll be fantastic (Theresa goes into labour, the Costellos get beaten up and it looks like Bart will be in a coma) and also next week sees the return of Warren Fox on the regular show, then the second week of November will be the week of the big fire and its looking like 4 or 5 characters will be killed off in that. Should be good.

Lovely!
    I wonder if Bart's possible coma has anything to do with Papa Costello, can't see him being too happy about Bart & Jas getting so cosy.

I'm not too happy about the return of Warren though..it's not just HO, it's all soaps that feel the need to bring back people who have been previously killed & buried or sent to jail. It's lazy. Hollyoaks, in this case spent a lot of time building up to Warren's death and a lot of time showing his death aswell as afterwards with his funeral etc. Bringing him back makes me feel like I wasted my time watching those scenes. Also are we supposed to forget the positive identification of his body?
    Sorry about the rant, had to get it out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

So far fairly bored with Later. What was the deal with the end...is Seth actually dead?? Thats the only thing that has me going back for more tomorrow.

Really not sure what I think of the new direction hollyoaks is taking. I miss the old feel of the show. Some of the storylines are ok...liking the one with Jasmines gender confusion, and the Brendan/Ste storyline really chills me to the core sometimes...but the majority of it is a bit blah.

Also, not sure what I think of this upcoming fire. It was only a few years ago there was a massive fire in the dog where a bunch of people were killed. I know it seems like a long time ago, but honestly I think it's too soon to have a repeat performance.

hacked wrote: »
    Also, not sure what I think of this upcoming fire. It was only a few years ago there was a massive fire in the dog where a bunch of people were killed. I know it seems like a long time ago, but honestly I think it's too soon to have a repeat performance.

In real life fires happen every day though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

True....but im still snoring. Just think its a pity. They are getting rid of too many characters too quickly, and introducing new ones too fast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

hacked wrote: »
    True....but im still snoring. Just think its a pity. They are getting rid of too many characters too quickly, and introducing new ones too fast as well.

I'd agree with that, went on holiday for three weeks and came back with half the main cast gone.

This ste and brendan storyline is the oddest one in years as well, completely left field.

We have Warren and Mandy back and no sign of Mandy's kid Ella :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Just saw the new add there.... Tonys back :D
    And out for Tony... Sets fire to the restaurant so it looks.... Cant remember yer wan with the cancer but she goes in to try and save Tony but end up gettn trapped in the fire. So looks like she doesnt die fromt he cancer after all.... Thats like living til you're 120, illness free, healthy as an ox, and then getting hit by a bus :rolleyes:

Why are Mandy and Warren out for Tony? :confused:

• Advertisement

fend wrote: »
    Just saw the new add there.... Tonys back :D
    And out for Tony... Sets fire to the restaurant so it looks.... Cant remember yer wan with the cancer but she goes in to try and save Tony but end up gettn trapped in the fire. So looks like she doesnt die fromt he cancer after all.... Thats like living til you're 120, illness free, healthy as an ox, and then getting hit by a bus :rolleyes:

Yes I think Ravi, Steph, Amy and Malachy die from the fire

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes I think Ravi, Steph, Amy and Malachy die from the fire

It's beginning to look that way alright. Steph and Amy die instantly and Ravi and Malachy end up in hospital for a couple of weeks. I'm also getting the feeling that Dom is the one who started the fire in an attempt to get Tony insurance money. It would tie in with him leaving the show too.

OMG did Steph just give up and let the fire kill her :eek::(

She could have got out, she saved Amy or her kids and could have saved herself

I was hoping Gabby and her kids would perish

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I'm still trying to figure out how she had the strength to run into a burning building and save 3 people, when just a few weeks ago, she could barely stand up without collapsing.

Yes, tilt your head a little bit, overcome with weakness, burning building, smoke, etc. No problem. :rolleyes:

I'm still trying to figure out how she had the strength to run into a burning building and save 3 people, when just a few weeks ago, she could barely stand up without collapsing.

Yes, tilt your head a little bit, overcome with weakness, burning building, smoke, etc. No problem. :rolleyes:

Yes her husband Gilly didnt even attempt or make much of an attempt to go in and get her :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jools_452

A few things...

1) I know Tom is uber cute, but the crying yesterday??! Noooo, he looked like he was trying to emmulate some character he'd seen in a Shakespeare play??

2) why dont many people watch/like Hollyoaks? Personally I dont watch any of the other soaps, but have been watching hollyoaks on/off last agggggges!

3) are amy and malachy gonna die?? WHO is left from cast of just 4 years ago even at this stage>

Jools_452 wrote: »
    A few things...

1) I know Tom is uber cute, but the crying yesterday??! Noooo, he looked like he was trying to emmulate some character he'd seen in a Shakespeare play??

I'm more concerned about how he hasn't aged in 4 years.
    2) why dont many people watch/like Hollyoaks? Personally I dont watch any of the other soaps, but have been watching hollyoaks on/off last agggggges!

Well for one thing, E4 and C 4 have a bit of a limited market, E4 in particular. It's mainly aimed towards the younger teens. Skins, Hollyoaks, etc.
    So already it's got a lower viewership than, say, Coronation Street and Eastenders.

Also, it's pretty much gone to the dogs in the last while. :P
    3) are amy and malachy gonna die?? WHO is left from cast of just 4 years ago even at this stage>

Well
    Amy's actress is leaving, so whether she fecks off in a taxi with the kids (Brendan scares her off/threatens her) or if she gradually dies. Brendan/Leanne kill her somehow) I don't know

Malachy, on the other hand, I don't know.
    I read on Digital Spy that the doctor gives Mercedes "Bad news". So I guess that means he's a goner. Whether that is something to do with the blast and his injuries or his HIV, we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh yeah, and
    Kris is coming back. It's probably the first time a close family member has come back from their dramatic exit to be with their hospitalised family member :eek:

Why did the spoilers get blacked out? Is there anyway of seeing them?

Yeah re Tom, I was abroad for about 3 years, came home and (pathetically!) went back to Hollyoaks and Tom looked EXACTLY the same!

When do you think Hollyoaks has started going downhill since?! Im not big fan of most the newbies, but glad some of the boring 'oldies' have left also!

Ok I worked it out! Thank u!

You're right, I know Hollyoaks was orignially pitched as a 'teen soap'! That said my Mom (who hates all soaps) raves about how 'well' Hollyoaks handles touchy/controversial issues (i.e. Jasmine/Jason...how on earth is that one going to be resolved, do you know the actress will end up playing Jason forever after the family find out/accept it-eventually!?)

Why did the spoilers get blacked out? Is there anyway of seeing them?

Just drag your mouse over the text, ie. highlight it.

Yeah re Tom, I was abroad for about 3 years, came home and (pathetically!) went back to Hollyoaks and Tom looked EXACTLY the same!
    When do you think Hollyoaks has started going downhill since?! Im not big fan of most the newbies, but glad some of the boring 'oldies' have left also!

I've been watching it kind of on and off lately, but yeah, they've gotten rid of pretty much all the good characters.
    Barnsey.
    Zoe
    Warren (But then they cheated and brought him back to life, and so far, no explanation.)
    Steph (And her exit was just ridiculous. Actually I did kind of like the idea of her going on her own terms, and not sit around waiting for death, etc. But the whole cancer storyline was handled horribly. She was either collapsing from weakness, emotionally blackmailing people or running around the place like she wasn't sick at all).
    Tony and Dom
    are leaving (I think)
    Kris

They're just turning it into a teen show, Hollyoaks:The New Class the should call it.

The fact that the majority of the new cast are unbearable and replacements for past characters is a bit off-putting too.

• Advertisement

Ok I worked it out! Thank u!

You're right, I know Hollyoaks was orignially pitched as a 'teen soap'! That said my Mom (who hates all soaps) raves about how 'well' Hollyoaks handles touchy/controversial issues

When they get it right, they do it really well. I, for one, LOVED the Hannah/Melissa anorexia storyline. Emma Rigby's acting was fantastic. But then the later relapse storyline just seemed too rushed and was just used as a catalyst for her exit.
    I do really like the Jason/Jasmine storyline. Fair play to them for doing something different. I'm not sure what's going to happen there. Whether that other girl will "out" her or something, I don't know.

When they get it right, they do it really well. I, for one, LOVED the Hannah/Melissa anorexia storyline. Emma Rigby's acting was fantastic. But then the later relapse storyline just seemed too rushed and was just used as a catalyst for her exit.
    I do really like the Jason/Jasmine storyline. Fair play to them for doing something different. I'm not sure what's going to happen there. Whether that other girl will "out" her or something, I don't know.

I actually missed that one (I think was away or back but not 'back into hollyoaks yet'.) I just saw her (Hannah) relapse and she did seem to make quite speedy recovery (considering at one point she was on deaths door...the next off travelling?!) I liked it in good old days (showing my age now-Im 25=officially TOO old for Hollyoaks) of Kurt+co, when Cindy had her baby. AWFUL new family (Costellos eugh) and the other one whose name I cant be bothered to remember. Thank god for the McQueens (Im so glad Jackies softened a bit) and Darren, other than that and Jasmine and Cheryl (v OTT but I like her) not many characters I give too much of a **** bout!

A few things...

There was suppose to be lots of deaths from the fire but so far only Steph and she could have got out if she wanted

I do watch Hollyoaks but not all the time.

It has some awful boring useless actors and sometimes it is more about how well they look than how they can act or the storyline.

Yes Tom's crying was bad yesterday and he was so beliveable when Max died.

Mercedes is another who cant act

Mal and Amy are leaving as are Jem and Ravi

So Theresa knew Warren was alive also :confused: - I wondering now did he kill Calvin

Nah I dont think Warren can have killed calvin because they actually SHOWED Theresa doing so (least plausible storyline ever in my opinion-very weak!) but good twist that theresa knew warren was still alive!still no loving gilly or lil toms acting...

Hollyoaks bosses have confirmed plans for a one-off late-night special which is due to air on Channel 4 next month.

Show regulars Claire Cooper (Jacqui McQueen), Andy Moss (Rhys Ashworth) and Anthony Quinlan (Gilly Roach) will be among the stars taking centre stage in the bonus edition of the teen soap, which is to feature a dark storyline centring around Darren Day's dangerous character Danny Houston.

The drama kicks off when returnee Kathleen McQueen (Alison Burrows) threatens to report daughter Theresa (Jorgie Porter) to the police after discovering the truth about Calvin Valentine's murder. In return for her silence, she demands £2,000 - leaving her screen family facing a big predicament.

Later, Danny catches Jacqui and Rhys cheating during a game of poker in a bid to raise some funds. Furious that the pair have tried to double cross him, Danny immediately orders them to hand over the money they stole and more.

However, with his feelings for Jacqui still running strong, Danny also makes a second sinister suggestion - vowing to wipe the debt clean if he can have one night with the feisty barmaid.

Desperate to save Jacqui from having to sleep with the gangster, Rhys and Gilly team up with the McQueens to find a way to raise the cash. They also seek help from menacing Brendan Brady (Emmett Scanlan), who is brought in to con his old friend as the plot thickens.

As the action reaches a climax, Rhys and Gilly kidnap Danny's drug runner Sophia - but end up in a desperate situation when she turns a gun on them. Meanwhile, Jacqui finds herself surrounded by Danny's heavies and is forced to strip at knife point - will she be saved in time?

The one-off episode sees special guest star Donna Air take on the role of Sophia. Speaking of her casting, she commented: "I am thrilled to join the cast of Hollyoaks for the late night special. The cast and crew have been so welcoming, and I'm excited to be part of such a hit show. The storyline is great fun and I love playing the role of Sophia, she's brilliant."

Hollyoaks' late-night special - titled 'King of Hearts' - airs on Thursday, December 16 on Channel 4 and has been tipped to spark a big new storyline that will affect the lives of the characters involved forever.

Interesting..hope its not as over-hyped as the last one..I DISLIKE darren day (person/actor/character etc) and dont like that hollyoaks employed the serial love-rat especially seen as there are SO many 'bad guys' in their already..Warren, Brendan, Costello guy (well he's a cheater), the guys from late night special..........any nice people left??!

Interesting..hope its not as over-hyped as the last one..I DISLIKE darren day (person/actor/character etc) and dont like that hollyoaks employed the serial love-rat especially seen as there are SO many 'bad guys' in their already..Warren, Brendan, Costello guy (well he's a cheater), the guys from late night special..........any nice people left??!

The actress who plays Jacqui is the best on the show imo and if the rumours
    of her getting raped
    are true this could be a great storyline for her character

Brendan is a crap villian imo and I dont consider Carl Costello a villian

I always enjoyed Warren as a villian

Agreed, Claire Cooper (Jacqui) is fantastic, really like that they have started to develop her character more lately. (Before she was a bit too 'hard' and difficult to relate to!) AArgh that would be good storyline but dont want it to happen either! Also think the actor who plays Ste is good! I do seem to be the only one in world who thinks Brendan's fairly decent...! where do u get the spoilers from?

• Advertisement

That should be good - Rhys and Jacqui are my two favourite characters at the moment, so nice to see they'll be involved in the special.
    I actually like Brendan - think he's a decent villain and also extremely likeable at the same time.

Advertisement