Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

^^ The whole storyline is just ridiculous, not to mention infuriating.

First of all I always hate those storylines where people try to drive people mad and make everyone else think they're mental or storylines where noone will believe their friends when they repeatedly tell the something.

I mean is it really that hard to believe, someone has to be the killer, why not Silas? It's not as if Lindsey is saying he's a killer and they haven't found any bodies.

Brendan is my favourite character and Silas is just really irritating so I was fuming the other day when he set him up, I tend to fast forward through most of Hollyoaks anyway but if Brendan's going to go to jail I won't bother watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

nic2ie wrote: »
    only been watching it for the last few months, but think its brilliant. love Carmel, but can anyone tell me how did this Silas guy get started on his mad killing spree? Can't wait for next weeks after hours

He killed his wife first then a series of murders. He seems to want steel jewellery from his victims either to pawn the jewellery or just to have them as keepsakes that might still have their scent. I think its finding the jewellery would be the only way to catch him or else someone catches him in the act. Likely to be a family member I'd imagine the way he is targeting. Why he does it at all is beyond me. There are clues that he doesn't like women being promiscuous that he has a strong affinity to monogamy despite him targeting women who are in relationships but if he thinks they stray or aren't as innocent as they make out they fall into his trap, he doesn't like women being superior than men, he has the ideal that its a man's world not an equal worlds between men and women. He is a down right misogynist.

He is a con man in his own right, messes with their heads. He is all nice but in actual fact his manipulating them like a pawn. Its disheartening he hasn't been caught. Say Brendan is on to him though! He knows now that lynsey is telling the truth. I hope it all comes out soon its high time silas got his comeuppance Brendan is innocent and only trying to help lynsey!

I was expecting it to be Theresa but why target her she is fairly innocent despite her previous criminal activity she is generally a nice girl. Targeting rae was unlike him though, why he targeted her is a bit strange but what ever conversation she has had with him during the day and night show episodes last week made her fall into his trap. Why didn't she cry for help when she saw Theresa and will if only a witness saw something, justice might be done! I mean to say Brendan wasn't even at the party where Rae was Dj'ing, surely there be CTV cameras that might catch him!? Ethan, Will, Doug and Ste should know better not to get mixed up in all of this as they could get set up if they aren't careful!

Free Brendan even though he is a bully but a funny comedical villain you like!

nic2ie wrote: »
    and isn't the hiddden camera in a flower pot its been there for weeks do these people never water the plants :)

Unfortunately Silas, sneaked back into the house when lynsey went off to the woods. Silas took back the hidden camera but seems he might have put it back in again!?? He used both Lynsey and Brendan to his advantage and set poor Brendan up! Brendan is innocent, free Brendan Brady!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Silas had to be seen at the rave and Will knows he was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ols1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Silas had to be seen at the rave and Will knows he was there

The only problem with that is, Rae wasnt found at the rave... You would have thought that the police would have gone back to the last place she was seen to find clues, after all this is T.V Now brendan has been wrongly accused, i dont think i will watch it anymore, the storyline has dragged on way tooooooo long...At first it was gripping but now its getting boring...We all know he will probably get caught on another murder, maybe the person he next tries to kill next wont actually die...Who knows, you would have thought aswell that they would look into Silus's past and see his wife was murdered aswell..Will get my mate to keep me posted, will probably go on till Christmas and he will be caught christmas day lol....Brendan is on a break from the show now, hence why he has gone to prison....

• Advertisement

ols1 wrote: »
    The only problem with that is, Rae wasnt found at the rave... You would have thought that the police would have gone back to the last place she was seen to find clues, after all this is T.V Now brendan has been wrongly accused, i dont think i will watch it anymore, the storyline has dragged on way tooooooo long...At first it was gripping but now its getting boring...We all know he will probably get caught on another murder, maybe the person he next tries to kill next wont actually die...Who knows, you would have thought aswell that they would look into Silus's past and see his wife was murdered aswell..Will get my mate to keep me posted, will probably go on till Christmas and he will be caught christmas day lol....Brendan is on a break from the show now, hence why he has gone to prison....

I hope Silas kills Nancy she does my head in now big time and she used be a good character

DC Dumb aka Ethan is the a useless copper and why was Doug shouting at Cheryl that Brendan killed his girlfriend she was a con woman he was with briefly :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

why was Doug shouting at Cheryl that Brendan killed his girlfriend she was a con woman he was with briefly :confused:

Doug was engaged to Bex's when ther were travelling the world and the n he found her again, I think she was his one true love.

But I totally agree this storyline is begining to wear thin and now Brendan is gone I don't know if I could be bothered to watch, don't think I can stict Silas til Christmas

Cookie89 wrote: »
    Doug was engaged to Bex's when ther were travelling the world and the n he found her again, I think she was his one true love.

But I totally agree this storyline is begining to wear thin and now Brendan is gone I don't know if I could be bothered to watch, don't think I can stict Silas til Christmas

Oh didnt know that about Doug and Bex :o

Cheryl should organise a prison break for Brendan get some more Bradys over from Ireland with fake moustaches :p

Brendan Brady is best character on the show in a long long time

Hollyoaks star Anthony Quinlan has revealed the motivations behind his character Gilly Roach's forthcoming return to the village.

Gilly has spent time away since April, when a court cleared him of raping Jacqui McQueen (Claire Cooper). However, next week's episodes see him make a shock comeback - to the dismay of Jacqui and her boyfriend Rhys (Andrew Moss).

Quinlan told TV Times: "Gilly is traumatised by what happened and really nervous about showing his face. He knows that he's been tarred with the 'rapist' brush, even though he was acquitted.

"What he wants to do now is set the record straight and show people he's a decent person."

He added: "Gilly knows his friendship with Rhys is over. He'd like Rhys to be civil to him, but he knows how Jacqui feels about him and it will be hard living in close proximity to her."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

How come Silas switched his attention to Rae?

• Advertisement

I thought Doug and Ethan lived in Riley's flat but why was Doug kicking Ethan out :confused:

I think Silas was going to kill Theresa but Rae made a comment that she had told Theresa play games with Will and also mentioned Brendan threatening to kill her so Silas killed her instead

The actress who plays Jason is living

The wedding storyline has been pretty crap imo the acting is awful

I do hope Silas kills Mercedes

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

can someone give me a summary of what's happened this week.. haven't watched it.. don't think i could be bothered either

Here's Summary of what's been happening so far this week, its been mostly about the Wedding. Mercy cracks up the last minute before the ceremony is about the begin. The truth about herself and Carl's affair comes out. She just blurts it out in a panic. Wedding didn't go ahead. She tells the gist of the story in front of everyone. Riley is very upset. He punches Carl in the mouth. The Costellos and the Mc Queen Families break out in a spat for a bit.

Mira thinks it was the wrong thing to do but Jackie seems to think it was the right thing to do so that they have some chance of happiness. Riley and Mercy have a heart to heart at some point but is very upsetting. It dawns on Riley about the baby. He asks if the baby is his and how long it was going on. She says she doesn't know if its his or not, and said it went on for a few months and he suspects its not his but Mercy convinces herself its Riley's. Carl walks in but Riley is furious he more or less throws him out of their own house back in hollyoaks.

He was very upset at how many people knew about the affair and who knew. He probably would have forgiven mercy if it hadn't come out on their wedding day. Its more or less over really from the last time they chat to each other. She leaves a message on his phone, I think he wanted to go after her but not sure he ran out at some point but came back again. Mercy plans to run away and run off on their honeymoon but unfortunately that does not go to plan...

Silas kidnaps Mercy and ties her up in chains downstairs in the cellar of the dog. She constantly calls for help and calls out Riley's name.
    Silas taunts her a fair bit. He spills the beans about him murdering the other girls to Mercy and she gets very upset. He more or less taunts her that he is going to kill her. He tries to comfort Riley and more or less tell him to forget about Mercy but he seems to still love her he might come through for her yet. Silas has Mercy's phone so supposedly lets her mother know that she is in Dubai and is fine.

Mira is a bit concerned though despite the text. Silas sends a text to Riley pretending to be Mercy, after Riley left a message that he wants to see her again and talk to her and get things sorted out but Silas texts on behalf of Mercy to say she doesn't want to see Riley ever again. He gets very upset. In the process of all that Silas convinces Riley to go out and enjoy himself. He hooks up with Ash at the SU Bar! They have a one night stand but Riley is quiet upset over it but he got quiet drunk to be honest. Silas is taunting Lynsey again going on about Halloween being the festival about the dead.

Lee and Amy plan to go to New York, Lee got offered a job but Amy wanted to bring the kids, Ste didn't take too kindly too it when they were thinking of taking the kids he didn't mind amy and lee going to new york but taking the kids with them upset ste a bit. Lee realised how gutted he was and said to amy that his internship has been revoked so they aren't going to new york now.

Mitzee never confessed about the affair but she seems cut up over it all and feels sorry for Riley. Warren has visited Brendan in prison but looks like Brendan is getting beaten up inside. He still won't sign over the club to warren.

Silas is definitely looking for a new target other than mercy and lynsey! He was more or less telling Riley what happened to him one time when younger, he going out with a girl was about to ask her to marry him but went to see her after work but she was with another lad, it broke silas's heart. Ever since then he has hardened his heart and more or less thinks all women will break men's hearts. I suppose that's one motive for his killing spree of women!

I feel like punching him though for the way he is treating mercy, she is pregnant after all what ever about what she has done that's over not nice of her to have done but seriously she is pregnant. He must be very vile to do that to a pregnant woman. It makes me cringe knowing what he is doing to her. I do hope someone comes to save her.

I have had mixed stories though of what is to happen to her. She either survives or doesn't or is saved or someone finds her. He might not actually kill her not sure how he is going to be found out yet it be close to Halloween i think. I don't think he could kills mercy though not when Brendan is still in Jail for the Murders that Silas has done.

I hope he get's found out soon. Storyline dragging on a bit!

So what is other people's verdict of this weeks Hollyoaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

seems like i missed a lot of drama!! the one week i dont watch it.. hmph!

I hope Silas is caught soon he kills again next week

As for wedding week it was ruined by awful acting especially from Mercedes

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/scoop/a347294/hollyoaks-silas-strikes-again-promo-picture.html

Speculation over the future of Hollyoaks' Silas storyline has reached fever pitch in recent days in the build-up to the soap's Halloween episode, which will see the evil killer commit another murder.
    Last week, we printed pictures showing that Silas lines up Amy Barnes, Lynsey Nolan, Texas Longford and Theresa McQueen as potential victims in the days leading up to Fright Night at Chez Chez.
    Meanwhile, the shocking pictures we published on Sunday showed Silas committing his next murder by using a brick to smash in the head of a mystery female.
    In a Grim Reaper costume, Silas (Jeff Rawle) attacks a party-goer dressed as Catwoman - but who is it?
    Hollyoaks bosses have now fuelled the speculation further by releasing a special promotional shot showing Silas as the Grim Reaper - and his four targets as Catwoman.
    In the aftermath of next week's murder, the villagers are shocked to the core as they realise that the serial killer has struck again.
    Meanwhile, Riley's old suspicions are reawakened as he starts to doubt Silas's innocence. Will he realise that his grandfather has been the killer all along? And what will happen to Mercedes, who's still being held captive in Silas's vault?
    Silas strikes again on Monday, October 31 at 6.30pm on Channel 4. Fans can get a first look of the episode this Friday at 7pm on E4.

Silas should just kill everyone in the village but not Lyndsey she's hot. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

missed the bit where Silas struck thanks to trick or treaters last night. Why did Silas
    kill his daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

mandz wrote: »
    missed the bit where Silas struck thanks to trick or treaters last night. Why did Silas
    kill his daughter?
    In a nutshell, Lyndsay, Heidi and Texas were all wearing the same costume. He was going after Lyndsay, and mistakened Heidi for her, only realising after he killed her and moved the wig to see the blonde hair underneath.

Texas was just a red herring.

Is Gilly and Cheryl a couple now :confused: when did that happen?

Is Gilly and Cheryl a couple now :confused: when did that happen?

I don't know they seem to be getting a bit cosy! They were a couple before for a short time, Cheryl really liked him but he fell in love with Steph and he broke up with Cheryl and got together with Steph after he told her how he felt.
    Thank goodness the whole Silas Storyline is nearly over with. Good that its out now. Hope Mercy be ok! Think Riley finally has an idea what kind of a man his Grandfather is! Poor Heidi! Hopefully Mercy and the baby gets saved. Finally Silas might have some remorse for his wrong doing he actually cried when upset when he killed his only daughter! I hope he gets his comeuppances. He either do a runner or hand himself in or just lie and try and get Lynsey. He was after Lynsey after all along but at least people are starting to believe her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Im not liking the way Lyndsay is still being treated! I might have missed it but has anyone even apolagised to her for not believing her?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Im not liking the way Lyndsay is still being treated! I might have missed it but has anyone even apolagised to her for not believing her?

Cheryl apologised kind of flippantly. Lyndsay basically told everyone where they could stick their apologies, and that they all had blood on their hands for not listening to her.

Cheryl called over to her later in the day with a big bunch of flowers and a weird cheeky grin, and she slammed the door in her face.

missed the end of tonights ep what happened between Silas and Lyndsey in station?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Cheryl apologised kind of flippantly. Lyndsay basically told everyone where they could stick their apologies, and that they all had blood on their hands for not listening to her.

Cheryl called over to her later in the day with a big bunch of flowers and a weird cheeky grin, and she slammed the door in her face.

I missed 1 or 2 episodes this week! Good for her! She was treated like crap when no one believed her. Any news on when Brendan will be released?
    smuckers wrote: »
    missed the end of tonights ep what happened between Silas and Lyndsey in station?

She basically just slated him for killing his own daughter and told him that she'll sleep well tonight for the first time in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Why hasn't Brendan been released?? Now they have Silas they've no reason to be keeping him inside :confused:

• Advertisement

mandz wrote: »
    Why hasn't Brendan been released?? Now they have Silas they've no reason to be keeping him inside :confused:

Yes surely he would be released straight away

I thought Riley or Carl would have demanded a paternity test on the baby as soon as it was born :confused:

Nancy was horrid to Lynsey she was the worst imo

Advertisement