Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

Ruby is prob one of the worst soap characters ever. Her Character is terrible and she CANNOT act. I had to stop watching a while back due to rubbish stories and I think because of her and tbh her mates I might have to again

• Registered Users Posts: 85,069 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hollyoaks stars have been spotted filming on-location in Ibiza for a forthcoming storyline.

Jennifer Metcalfe and Nicole Barber-Lane, who play feisty McQueen family members Mercedes and Myra, are among the cast who recently flew out to the Spanish island to film special scenes for the programme.

Digital Spy understands that the Ibiza storyline will feature in the fourth series of Hollyoaks Later, which airs for five nights on E4 later this year.

During shooting for the late-night spinoff show, Metcalfe was spotted wearing a fake baby bump on a beach, sparking speculation that Mercedes will fall pregnant in a forthcoming storyline twist.

Mercedes's current plot on the main soap has seen her pretend to be expecting a baby as part of a desperate bid to keep her steamy affair with Carl Costello under wraps. She has been engaged to Carl's son Riley (Rob Norbury) for several months.

As a result of the love cheat's deception, show bosses are keeping tight-lipped over whether Mercedes is still pretending to be pregnant in Hollyoaks Later or is expecting a baby with Riley for real.

A Hollyoaks source told Digital Spy this morning: "There's plenty of twists to come in this storyline and in a week of episodes airing at the end of the month, viewers will see Mercedes's big dilemma over Riley and the 'pregnancy' come to a head."

Hollyoaks Later will return to screens in the autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Hollyoaks star Sikander Malik has explained his decision to leave the soap, admitting that he feels that he has "more to give" as an actor.

Malik announced his departure from the Channel 4 show yesterday after fans noticed that his character Jamil does not feature in the new Hollyoaks opening titles, which have been released online.

Discussing his exit on Twitter this morning, he commented: "As an actor, one always likes to be challenged, given the opportunity to explore your character, and be involved in something 'progressive'.

"Although I have had some completely awesome times working on our show, working with some extremely talented people and have had the good fortune to be paired with some of the finest directors in British television, I truly feel I have so much more to give as an actor, as a person."

Malik said that he agreed with Twitter followers who felt that Jamil should have played a more prominent role in storylines.

"Although I am a very patient and humble person by nature, at times it was very frustrating to hear the cries of the fans and agree totally with them, but for the sake of staying 'silent' for others, knowing that no matter how much I agree with you guys, it's ultimately out of my hands," he explained.

"At the end of the day, I have been a very fortunate person to be part of our tremendous show, a show that I am very proud of, but believe me when I tell you this, I don't like to be treated as a third wheel. That's not who I am, and that's not what I signed up for.

"So therefore I graciously, gratefully and gainfully bow out, taking with me all the many fond memories I have, but also a recollection of all the difficulties I have faced, which I believe have made me a stronger person.

"There have been a lot of changes at Hollyoaks, some have been very difficult, some have required a great deal of patience, but as a professional, one puts on a smile and says, 'The show must go on!' But don't worry! Having said that, there's still plenty of action to come from our man Jamil, so stay tuned to good old Hollyoaks!"

Malik joined the cast of Hollyoaks last summer, initially appearing in online spinoff Freshers before later moving over to the main show. His final scenes will air in the autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ethan is so h-o-t in todays episode! I say he be found out soon enough by liberity and theresa! The joke be on him though!

Where has Jason & Seth gone to? I don't think they've be on the screens in the last 2 weeks! It's a wonder they didn't make an appearance at Mercedes "fall" & later at the hospital

• Advertisement

doovdela wrote: »
    Ethan is so h-o-t in todays episode! I say he be found out soon enough by liberity and theresa! The joke be on him though!

He wears too much make up and fake tan and now he is with Rae as well he as dumb as plank and yet he is a detective

I hope Jason returns soon I thought she was to get with Bart again great chemistry with them more so than him and Sinead

The episode when all the girls (liberty, theresa & rae) get their own back on ethan is classic! Rae tells him she's got a std so he's likely to have it, Liberty tell him she's told her brothers about the relationship and plans on making it public and theresa tells him shes pregnant (all not true)

Hollyoaks star Victoria Atkin has revealed that her character Jason Costello confesses his love for Bart McQueen in a forthcoming storyline.

Later this month, Jason meets up with the rebellious teen after Bart makes contact with him, desperate for help as life on the run with girlfriend Sinead O'Connor (Stephanie Davis) has become too difficult.

However, as Jason and Bart's (Jonny Clarke) old bond starts to return, a jealous Sinead storms off - leaving the pair to face a dangerous situation alone.

"It all kicks off when they're in a farmhouse and Jason's excited at the thought of exploring the place," Atkin told All About Soap. "Unfortunately, that turns into trespassing and the owner of the farm captures them at gunpoint."

She continued: "The farmer storms in and questions whether Jason is a boy or a girl, which is really horrible. Bart tries to push past the man and gets thrown to the floor, where he cuts his head.

"They're stuck there with this furious, gun-toting farmer and Bart's bleeding. Jason ends up confessing his true feelings for his friend because he doesn't know if Bart's going to survive or not."

Jason was previously rejected by Bart in May, shortly after the wayward McQueen had almost kissed him.

The pair had a relationship last year when Jason first arrived in the village as Jasmine, but their union came to an end when the troubled teenager started to live life as a boy.

Jamie Lomas (Warren Fox) is leaving again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

could someone explain to me why they picked a girl to play the part of Jason? Is he supposed to be transexual or something? Otherwise, I just don't get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Fittle wrote: »
    could someone explain to me why they picked a girl to play the part of Jason? Is he supposed to be transexual or something? Otherwise, I just don't get it!

Jason is transgender.

Jason started out as Jasmine, who adopted this alter-ego of Jason, and would wear mens clothes, deepen her voice, etc.
    She kept all this secret from her family and friends, and fell in love with Bart in the meantime (their friendship was effectively ruined as a result of the reveal) until one day she cut her hair and revealed her "true self" as Jason to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Jason is transgender.

Jason started out as Jasmine, who adopted this alter-ego of Jason, and would wear mens clothes, deepen her voice, etc.
    She kept all this secret from her family and friends, and fell in love with Bart in the meantime (their friendship was effectively ruined as a result of the reveal) until one day she cut her hair and revealed her "true self" as Jason to everyone.

Ooooooooooooooooooo thanks:rolleyes: I thought I was losing it for a while there - knew she was (really) a girl and thought they'd just employed a girl to play the part...NOW I gettit Cheers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

My sister (whos gay) fancies her/him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I feel sorry for Sinead.

When Ethan first came to Hollyoaks he was a generally nice guy wasn't he? The writers have really turned his personality around and he's now a arogant a-hole. (tomorrows ep-ch4, todays-e4)

Cookie33 wrote: »
    When Ethan first came to Hollyoaks he was a generally nice guy wasn't he? The writers have really turned his personality around and he's now a arogant a-hole. (tomorrows ep-ch4, todays-e4)

How he is a detective is beyond me :confused: he is a complete tool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How he is a detective is beyond me :confused: he is a complete tool

I know, what age is he supposed to be? Surely it would be frowned upon a detective sleeping with several school girls, he's also living with college students and living right in the village of the people he's investigating, such a terrible character!

Is that fella Carmel fancies really suppose to be a catholic priest?

Hollyoaks villain Silas Blissett will kill his own daughter Heidi in a shock storyline twist, a report has claimed today.

The sinister grandfather, played by Jeff Rawle, targets Heidi after she starts to become suspicious of him in forthcoming episodes, according to the Daily Star.

Heidi's grisly end reportedly comes as actress Kim Tiddy bows out from the show after just over a year on screen.

The shock death is currently unconfirmed by Hollyoaks bosses but could tie in with Jeff Rawle's promise that the storyline will reach "an awful climax".

Show chiefs have previously revealed that Silas is to strike again in the new series of late-night spinoff Hollyoaks Later - leaving fans to speculate that Heidi could be bumped off as early as next week.

Silas has already killed innocent student India Longford and con artist Rebecca Massey since his first appearance in the village last Christmas, as well as terrorising nurse Lynsey Nolan.

Really shocked with that storyline, I know he bumped off his wife years ago but I didn't really think he'd stoop so low to kill another family member again.. that being said, I won't miss Heidi

• Advertisement

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Really shocked with that storyline, I know he bumped off his wife years ago but I didn't really think he'd stoop so low to kill another family member again.. that being said, I won't miss Heidi

I wanna see Heidi beat the crap outta Mercedes first, pity Silas couldnt kill her off also

Does Tony know about Mandy and Warren?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 nic2ie

only been watching it for the last few months, but think its brilliant. love Carmel, but can anyone tell me how did this Silas guy get started on his mad killing spree? Can't wait for next weeks after hours

Should be good - Hollyoaks Later

Glad the rest of Barts gang is back.. I am really getting bored with Sinead, Esther and Ruby

Silas supposedly kills
    Rae
    this week

Wjhere is Theresa's baby and Mandy child Ella?

Surely Carl and Ethan would have gone on Riley's stag and now Riley likes his cousin Mitzeee :rolleyes:

I dont understand how no one sees Silas sneaking into Cheryl's house and Brendan's car with Rae's body :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 nic2ie

and isn't the hiddden camera in a flower pot its been there for weeks do these people never water the plants :)

Advertisement