Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Just watched tomorrows ep on E4.. It's really good, I seems like they've tried something different or changed the writers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cookie33 wrote: »
    It's really good, I seems like they've tried something different or changed the writers

There's a new series producer (Paul Marquess) and a load of new writers... Also a lot of cast changes coming up too...

Oh, this should be good...
    Hollyoaks is to launch an online spinoff series featuring three new characters, it has been announced.

Students Jamil, Doug and Leanne will be introduced to fans of the soap in Hollyoaks Freshers, a six-part run of 10-minute episodes which is to start airing on the internet next month.

The programme will follow the trio's summer activities - including a trip to a music festival - before they later make the transition to the main Channel 4 show as new members of the regular cast.

Accompanying the internet series will be online blogs, social networking pages and Flickr accounts for each of the new arrivals, which will see them posting messages and photos in character.

Hollyoaks Freshers will also see Alex Carter's comeback scenes in the role of Lee Hunter and feature regular characters Darren Osborne (Ashley Taylor Dawson), Charlotte Lau (Amy Yamazaki) and Dave Colburn (Elliot James Langridge).

Broadcast reports that the series will begin on August 26, with episodes being uploaded every Thursday and Friday for three weeks. The drama will also be aired as a one-hour special on E4 in the autumn.

Hollyoaks previously created an online spinoff called The Morning After The Night Before, which aired last summer and tackled the issue of binge drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,143 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stephen Uppal has announced that he is to leave Hollyoaks after more than two years in the role of Ravi Roy.

The actor revealed the news on Twitter this evening, confirming that he made his decision to bow out from the Channel 4 soap some time ago.

Addressing his online followers, Uppal said: "Only 6 more episodes left to shoot - wow the time has flown by!"

After receiving messages from surprised fans, he added: "Sorry guys, yes I decided to leave a while back. I've had a good time but always wanted to leave after a few years. Bye bye Ravi Roy!"

Uppal's news comes a week after it was revealed that John Pickard (Dom Reilly), Ashley Slanina Davies (Amy Barnes), Glenn Wallace (Malachy Fisher) and Garnon Davies (Elliot Bevan) are bowing out from the teen drama.

Hollyoaks has also announced a number of other cast departures this year, with some regulars choosing to leave of their own accord and others being written out following the arrival of new producer Paul Marquess.

We can officially confirm that in the next couple of months the conniving, cunning Cindy Hutchinson is set to get married... again!

Regular viewers of the show will already be aware that Cindy and Tony's divorce proceedings are in motion, but still, the news of Cindy hooking up with someone else so soon after T-Hutch is a right shock!

Not as shocking as this... Cindy isn't planning on getting hitched to long-term on/off fling Darren Osborne - oh no! Cindy's set to tie the knot with Alistair Longford. You might recognise the surname - that's because he's the grandad of India and Texas Longford!

"But why would Cindy be getting married to a grandad!?" I hear you cry! Answer: Money! Alistair's a millionaire!

Cindy and Alistair meet one another and within a week they're engaged! However, not everyone wants them to get married, which leads to the question: Will they or won't they tie the knot!? You'll have to wait and see!

• Advertisement

^ ^ loved cindy's spoiler but if you think about it not a big shocker as it's what her character would do..

Other news.. Loretta holds Nancy hostage this week after Jake asks Nancy to dig up some dirt on Loretta..

I am not too keen on the new family who took over the pub

I thought Cindy was going to go after Dom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am not too keen on the new family who took over the pub

Really? I like them - think they fit in nicely and great to see Jack back working in the Dog...

I like them so far.. depends how the writers portay them I guess. Nice twist that
    Carl was Jem's dad

Steph's cancer comes back and its spread
    :(

• Advertisement

Steph's cancer comes back and its spread
    :(

noo!! but that might tie in with her leaving the show? very big possiblity now

550w_soaps_hollyoaks_paps_02.jpg

550w_soaps_hollyoaks_paps_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

^^
    Those are some bridesmaid dresses!!

So the famous 'alien' story is here. I'm not sure how I feel about it...I mean how long are we going to have this kid saying he's from another planet..I can't see where they can go with this without making it a bit ridiculous..
    I might be surprised tho:)

greenie wrote: »
    So the famous 'alien' story is here. I'm not sure how I feel about it...I mean how long are we going to have this kid saying he's from another planet..I can't see where they can go with this without making it a bit ridiculous..
    I might be surprised tho:)

Don't think it's ridiculous at all - we know he's not actually an alien, so he probably has a mental condition or some sort of social disorder... Could be a great storyline...
    Since Marquess' storylines have begun to kick in, I think the show has been much better...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

This is a long shot...but maybe this whole alien storyline could be some elaborate prank against Elliot?

Either that, or some crazy sort of cult. He might somehow convince Elliot that he, himself, is an alien also (hey, weirder stuff has happened in Hollyoaks :P)

Don't think it's ridiculous at all - we know he's not actually an alien, so he probably has a mental condition or some sort of social disorder... Could be a great storyline...
    Since Marquess' storylines have begun to kick in, I think the show has been much better...

I meant depending how far they take it..it has the potential to be ridiculous. I like HO & I agree about the Marquess'...great casting too:)
    Do we actually know he's not an alien? A lot of spoilers I've read claim he'll become obssessed with boobs & Elliot will be trying to convince everyone he is an alien & finally he'll be leaving by disappearing into the sky like a star!
    Whether that's to be believed or not but lot's of sites say the same thing. I really hope not Captain because not that for me would be ridiculous.

I meant depending how far they take it..it has the potential to be ridiculous. I like HO & I agree about the Marquess'...great casting too:)
    Do we actually know he's not an alien? A lot of spoilers I've read claim he'll become obssessed with boobs & Elliot will be trying to convince everyone he is an alien & finally he'll be leaving by disappearing into the sky like a star!
    Whether that's to be believed or not but lot's of sites say the same thing. I really hope not Captain because not that for me would be ridiculous.

Oh dear lord.

They should just cut all their losses and turn this into an Alf like arc.
    Elliot tries to protect him from investigators who want to capture him and dissect him.

Paul Marquess and the guy who plays Kevin have both said in interviews that he's not actually and alien... I haven't heard anything about disappearing into the sky like a star and I'm usually good at keeping up with spoilers for Hollyoaks, so I doubt there's any truth to that...
    I trust Marquess after everything he's achieved so far, so I'm gonna trust this alien storyline will work out for the best...

Paul Marquess and the guy who plays Kevin have both said in interviews that he's not actually and alien... I haven't heard anything about disappearing into the sky like a star and I'm usually good at keeping up with spoilers for Hollyoaks, so I doubt there's any truth to that...
    I trust Marquess after everything he's achieved so far, so I'm gonna trust this alien storyline will work out for the best...

There are a few sites saying that about the star...apparently he'll be a student for a while too.
    I haven't seen the interviews with Marquess talking about this storyline so I'm glad to hear that he's saying Cameron is not actually going to be an alien...If it's some kind of mental illness then I think that will be interesting.

Was that Zak, Kris and Jake's exit? If so it was terrible no big send off or no goodbyes

• Advertisement

Agreed. It would have been nice to maybe have a small scene between Jake and Nancy, just to try and bring some sort of closure to that storyline.

Also it would have been quite funny to see Michaela running after the bus, crying hysterically for her Zack :D

I actually enjoyed it as a final scene - they're going to London, not Bangkok, so its not that strange that they didn't make a big fuss about saying goodbye to everyone... It'd be the equivalent of me leaving Dublin for Galway - don't think I'd bother saying a load of goodbyes...

I'm looking forward to Jasmine's storyline, I think it's going to be interesting. I'm glad the Costellos are here, was getting a bit tired of everything revolving around the McQueens...as much as I like Hollyoaks I just can't warm to that family at all.

Bonfire Night will turn into a night of terror on Hollyoaks this November when a huge fire starts at Il Gnosh, before dramatically raging through the village.

The shock blaze at Tony Hutchinson's restaurant begins in mysterious circumstances and soon spreads to the upstairs flat and neighbouring buildings.

As the flames continue in their path of destruction, they threaten the lives of some much-loved characters - leaving viewers to wonder who will survive and who will perish.

Show bosses have confirmed that the storyline will see a number of characters bow out from the programme. However, exact details of who will lose their lives are being kept closely under wraps.

The dramatic turn of events begins on screen on Friday, November 5 - Guy Fawkes Night - before continuing in a special block of episodes airing across the following week.

Throughout the first four episodes airing from Monday, November 8, viewers will see various characters finding themselves in peril because of the fire. The last episode of the week - airing on Friday, November 12 - will follow the final stages of the blaze, while the surviving residents suffer an agonising wait to see who makes it out alive.

In a further twist, as the survivors mourn the dead in the aftermath of the fire, the police arrive with some disturbing news - the blaze was no accident and an arsonist is on the loose. The revelation marks the beginning of a shock whodunit investigation.

Speaking of the storyline, Hollyoaks' series producer Paul Marquess commented: "We're remaining very tight-lipped on which characters will survive the fire, but all I will say is that it will be shocking. The sets have been prepped to go up in flames and the cast and crew are excited to film these explosive scenes."

The storyline will be shot at Hollyoaks' base in Childwall, Liverpool over the coming weeks.

Rhys and Jacqui share a steamy kiss in tonight's episode of Hollyoaks after Cheryl continues trying to play cupid for the pair.

When Cheryl finds an excuse for her two employees to spend time together, they quickly realise what is going on and decide to play their boss at her own game by pretending that her plan has worked.

However, as the duo enjoy an evening together, it's not long before they're locking lips for real.

Will the unlikely couple take things a step further by spending the night together?

hollyoaks_2905_04_550rj.jpg

Hollyoaks airs tonight at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Rhys and Jacqui share a steamy kiss in tonight's episode of Hollyoaks after Cheryl continues trying to play cupid for the pair.

When Cheryl finds an excuse for her two employees to spend time together, they quickly realise what is going on and decide to play their boss at her own game by pretending that her plan has worked.

However, as the duo enjoy an evening together, it's not long before they're locking lips for real.

Will the unlikely couple take things a step further by spending the night together?

hollyoaks_2905_04_550rj.jpg

Hollyoaks airs tonight at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Love the pairing of Rhys and Jackie - my two favourite characters united... :D

Jacqui is best with Tony imo

I hate Rhys I cant see the point of him tbh

Jacqui is best with Tony imo

I hate Rhys I cant see the point of him tbh

Rhys is a brilliant character.

My gawd. The new credits are terrible!

• Advertisement

My gawd. The new credits are terrible!

I was about to mention them. I like the colour of the characters but thats it. prefer the old music and the hollyoaks sign.
    I think it switches far too fast between the characters as well cos i couldn't keep up to figure who they were

Advertisement