Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Killarney Darts Festival

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

jamesbere wrote: »
    played terry jenkins in the first round and lost 6-4, i threw really well up to 4-4 but couldnt keep it goin:(, broke his throw twice:D. he is a sound fella, great tournament so far, schotlen beat lewis 6-3, he threw great darts.
    Saw most of your game, you played good stuff and stuck to him very well.
    I think you must've tired him out as he got some hammering from Dennis ..The doggy man'' Smith in the next round.icon10.gif

Dartgod wrote: »
    Dress code applies to all competitions - - - PDC rule.
    It was a great weekend again Pops ....well done, what are the chances we'll have another year of it even at this early stage ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Loking good for another year, at least.
    I overheard the main sponsor, John McEvoy, telling Denise Cassidy and Paddy Meaney, that they could keep the trophies if they won their respective singles titles for the third time next year !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Oh yeah i got to mark Taylors game after i lost mine, nice to say i got to mark for him once. Easiest game i have ever marked!

Looking good for another year, at least.
    I overheard the main sponsor, John McEvoy, telling Denise Cassidy and Paddy Meaney, that they could keep the trophies if they won their respective singles titles for the third time next year !!!
    Thats great news then. Its a unique tournament.smile.gifsmile.gif

• Advertisement

AndyP wrote: »
    Should have been a walkover for Nicholson though, Taylor had to be called 3 times!

I'm not taking Taylor's side but he was not at fault.
    The MC should not have started the call-up until the two players were in position at the side of the stage.
    Even the PDC are not perfect !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Saw most of your game, you played good stuff and stuck to him very well.
    I think you must've tired him out as he got some hammering from Dennis ..The doggy man'' Smith in the next round.icon10.gif

jesus yeah he got a fair hammering, i marked smiths game after i lost to jenkins and smith threw great darts, i hope he's on his way back, although he was fairly hammered by newton, but i didnt see d game.

I'm not taking Taylor's side but he was not at fault.
    The MC should not have started the call-up until the two players were in position at the side of the stage.
    Even the PDC are not perfect !!!
    The 2 ladies were ready to jump on stage for their final and then the men were called, they looked a bit shocked as they always went on before the mens ??

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Only joking Michael, I know the situation. However I think the preferential treatment he got was a bit wrong. The other pros are there trying to make i living and they are not competing on a level playing field.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Very good weekend tough drive back home though bloody knackered now!! Spent nearly more time in Tatler Jacks than the Gleneagle!!

• Advertisement

The 2 ladies were ready to jump on stage for their final and then the men were called, they looked a bit shocked as they always went on before the mens ??

Not true, Pops, the ladies were told well in advance that they were going on after the Pro Tour final.
    They were on the practice boards at the side of the stage warming up for their final.
    I didn't agree that their final was on last but that was a PDC decision !

AndyP wrote: »
    However I think the preferential treatment he got was a bit wrong. The other pros are there trying to make i living and they are not competing on a level playing field.

I can understand where you are coming from, Andy, but the Gleneagle Hotel and the sponsors pulled out all the stops to get the best darts players in the world to compete in the Festival and they had to agree to certain conditions to get Phil Taylor to attend.

I can understand where you are coming from, Andy, but the Gleneagle Hotel and the sponsors pulled out all the stops to get the best darts players in the world to compete in the Festival and they had to agree to certain conditions to get Phil Taylor to attend.

The work that yourself, the Glen and sponsors have put in is more than appreciated. I know what it took to get him there. He is the biggest draw in the game but I think some of the games on the floor made the tournament very exciting. The performances by some of the Irish players added greatly to the weekend and their games were far more exciting than any of Taylor's games. I hope it continues for many years to come and I don't think the organisers should have to put themselves out for Taylor or anybody else like that. Another aspect of it this year was the winner both days was more or less guaranteed to be the man himself and this took away a lot of the excitement from it too. The 4 tournaments prior to this yielded 4 different winners and I think Shane O'Connors final against Van Gerwen last year was much more exciting than both of this years finale put together. The unknown will always be more interesting than the inevitable !

I agree 100% with you , Pops, on the standard of play by the Irish players on both days of the Festival - - truly fascinating !
    The vast majority of the spectators in the Gleneagle at the weekend did not witness the great performances of the ladies and youths in their respective competitions in the Ballroom - - absolutely marvellous !

Like him or not - - Phil Taylor is still the greatest darts player ever - - but I will take my hat off to all of the other players, Irish and PDPA, who provided all of the excitement and great darts over the weekend !

By the way, Pops, you are beginning to lose your memory - - Shane O'Connor did not reach the final last year - - he was beaten 5-4 by van Gerwen in the semis.
    Kevin McDine was beaten in the final on the same scoreline.

I agree 100% with you , Pops, on the standard of play by the Irish players on both days of the Festival - - truly fascinating !
    The vast majority of the spectators in the Gleneagle at the weekend did not witness the great performances of the ladies and youths in their respective competitions in the Ballroom - - absolutely marvellous !

Like him or not - - Phil Taylor is still the greatest darts player ever - - but I will take my hat off to all of the other players, Irish and PDPA, who provided all of the excitement and great darts over the weekend !

By the way, Pops, you are beginning to lose your memory - - Shane O'Connor did not reach the final last year - - he was beaten 5-4 by van Gerwen in the semis.
    Kevin McDine was beaten in the final on the same scoreline.
    Thanks Dad, the semi it was. Memory blurred these days.
    Pity Irish lads can't play them more often but the improvement shows our own Players Championships is certainly honing everybodys skills quite a bit. Roll on new season !

Advertisement