Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Killarney Darts Festival

Options
  • 17-05-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

The 2009 Killarney Darts Festival will be staged at the INEC/ Gleneagle Hotel on the weekend of October 16th/ 17th/ 18th.

The Prize Fund for the weekend has been increased to €60,000.

Anybody interested in travelling is advised to reserve their hotel accommodation as bookings have been very heavy at this early stage.

Special deals are available at the Gleneagle Group of Hotels.

Reservations 064-6671550.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Cool, i was into this 2 years ago... Handy when you live half an hour away from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

It will be much better this year - - - spread the word around the Kingdom !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

Dartgod wrote: »
    The 2009 Killarney Darts Festival will be staged at the INEC/ Gleneagle Hotel on the weekend of October 16th/ 17th/ 18th.

The Prize Fund for the weekend has been increased to €60,000.

Anybody interested in travelling is advised to reserve their hotel accommodation as bookings have been very heavy at this early stage.

Special deals are available at the Gleneagle Group of Hotels.

Reservations 064-6671550.
    hahahahha you are having a laugh if killarney cant sell out for the rally of the lakes its hardly going to sell out for a dart tournament....my advise folks is leave it till last minute and make sure not to pay over 35per person per night for accomidation...come on dartgod who you trying to fool or what ur agenda........pure rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

hahahahha you are having a laugh if killarney cant sell out for the rally of the lakes its hardly going to sell out for a dart tournament....my advise folks is leave it till last minute and make sure not to pay over 35per person per night for accomidation...come on dartgod who you trying to fool or what ur agenda........pure rubbish

WTF are you on about? I have been down at this for the last two years and could only get rooms through hotels.com as I had phoned the Gleneagle nearly two months in advance and they were booked out, this tournment is the top PDC tournment in Ireland and attracts a big crowd so I dont know why you are having a go at dartgod he is just trying to help!.

Carrickman wrote: »
    WTF are you on about? I have been down at this for the last two years and could only get rooms through hotels.com as I had phoned the Gleneagle nearly two months in advance and they were booked out, this tournment is the top PDC tournment in Ireland and attracts a big crowd so I dont know why you are having a go at dartgod he is just trying to help!.
    TRUST ME YOU WILL FIND NO PROBLEM finding somewhere to stay at a good price killarney can accomidate lots of big events and trying to tell people otherwise is complete and utter bull****......i live in killarney and play the local dart circut so i know the numbers that attend so stop talking through your hole:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Calm down man, I'm not talking about Killarney I'm talking about the Gleneagle which was booked out this past two years (where by the way I will not be staying this year as I would rather stay in town). That is what the above poster is on about he is just advising anyone who wants to stay in the hotel to book early, theres no need to be so rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Agreed Carrickman

Calm down or Bugger off Franckerfurter, we dont have time for people who are here to just cause aggro.

Just to reiterate about booking the Gleneagle as soon as possible if you want to stay there.... The number of events on there over a weekend can be frightening, even on a quiet weekend.... so get booking! Don't worry if you can't get it though... The Dromhall and Brehon are 2 minutes walking distance (right next door!)

Degag wrote: »
    Just to reiterate about booking the Gleneagle as soon as possible if you want to stay there.... The number of events on there over a weekend can be frightening, even on a quiet weekend.... so get booking! Don't worry if you can't get it though... The Dromhall and Brehon are 2 minutes walking distance (right next door!)
    the glen eagle is about 8 mins walk outside town ..i wasnt being rude but if everybody ruses to book the glen eagle they will get ripped off ye muppets

My ! My ! My ! There's always one !
    Of course you can get cheap accommodation in Killarney but if you want to mingle with the top players and get free admission into the darts tournaments in the INEC on Saturday and Sunday then the Gleneagle Hotel is the place to book.
    Free admission to the tournaments also applies to those staying in the Gleneagle sister hotels, Brehon, Scott's etc.

• Advertisement

the glen eagle is about 8 mins walk outside town ..i wasnt being rude but if everybody ruses to book the glen eagle they will get ripped off ye muppets

I was saying that those two hotels were 2 minutes walk from the Gleneagle, not from the town centre.

I think the general concensus is that it would be easy to get accomodation in killarney but some people will want to stay in the glen and the glen only so i don't really see what you are argueing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Degag wrote: »
    I was saying that those two hotels were 2 minutes walk from the Gleneagle, not from the town centre.

I think the general concensus is that it would be easy to get accomodation in killarney but some people will want to stay in the glen and the glen only so i don't really see what you are argueing about.
    dont worry mate ya always get 1 put him in a round room and tell him to stand in the corner:confused:keep him quiet for a while a week maybe:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No need to call people muppets! First and only warning FRANKENFURTER, 2 week ban if you do it again.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    No need to call people muppets! First and only warning FRANKENFURTER, 2 week ban if you do it again.
    my my arent you the hero ...a full two weeks .make it three and we have a deal.........in the mean time ill practise throwing 24ozs of pure magic at ya...were you bulliedin school or something.....you freak...go and **** yourself....if i see people making stupid claims for the sake of it i will let them know.........................now ban me you prick:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

my my arent you the hero ...a full two weeks .make it three and we have a deal.........in the mean time ill practise throwing 24ozs of pure magic at ya...were you bulliedin school or something.....you freak...go and **** yourself....if i see people making stupid claims for the sake of it i will let them know.........................now ban me you prick:mad:

Someone forgot to take his medication this morning. lol

It seems like everyone is getting excitied over a simple misunderstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭scunner

Sad:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Its not a misunderstanding at all, everyone has replied to him using common sense and he continues with his aggressive stance

Tool of the highest order, reciept of ban wont be undeserved

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You should sign up for a few anger management classes mate. In the mean time have your three week ban, and you're lucky it isn't longer.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    You should sign up for a few anger management classes mate. In the mean time have your three week ban, and you're lucky it isn't longer.
    im sorry:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

im sorry:rolleyes:

What is your problem:confused: Are you disturbed or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

You must be some player playing the local darts circuit in killarney i would say your very popular down that way do you cry when you lose aswell or you that good you never lose to have ago at someone over something so small is unreal seen as you live down there you could of given some useful information instead of been so rude and i agree with one thing you said YOU SHOULD BE BANNED and 24oz of pure magic would that magic extend to making you vanish :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::p

Entry forms and full details of the 2009 Killarney Darts Festival will be available shortly.

Register your name and address with darts@ireland.com and they will be posted to you when they become available.

Dartgod wrote: »
    Entry forms and full details of the 2009 Killarney Darts Festival will be available shortly.

Register your name and address with darts@ireland.com and they will be posted to you when they become available.
    will enter if there is any rooms left:eek:

Hotel bookings through Reservations Office 064-6671550

Entry forms and brochures are now available.

Attention Kerry Darts Players !

Entry forms for the 2009 Killarney Festival are now available at Reception in the Gleneagle Hotel and at the Box Office in the INEC.

Anybody in the West Cork area looking for entry forms for the Killarney Festival - - - they are now available at reception in the Maritime Hotel in Bantry.

Also, they will be available at the Irish Matchplay at the Green Isle Hotel in Dublin on Sunday, August 23rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

To whom it may Concern,

We are running a Darts Tournament from October 30th to November 1st 2009 in the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel in Association with ’The Friends of Asthma’ Charity.
    This event will be the largest event in Ireland excluding PDC events.
    As well as raising money we are also keen to raise the awareness of the aims and objection of the charitable organisation.
    monster raffle on the night.

Any help from yourself would be greatly appreciated

Best Regards, looking to hearing from you,

David
    086 1769496
    05793 247 46
    PSL Promotions
    www.pslpromotions.com
    psloffices@gmail.com

Fair play for helping out charity but I've read this post 3 or 4 times already!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Fair play for helping out charity but I've read this post 3 or 4 times already!

yep, since it's for charity I'm going to leave it up. Once is enough though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

will enter if there is any rooms left:eek:
    Rooms ?? There are more rooms to let in Killarney than sand in the Sahara !

Advertisement