Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Killarney Darts Festival

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Wish i could have afforded to go, will be a pity to miss this now

Thought Mick Barry would have been down on it but obviously not, will be interesting to see all the results coming out of this one

Micko as to go to a wedding was talking to him in Citywest last week. Raging i can't go this weekend it promises to be a great weekend as always the last 2yrs have been brilliant but unfortunately work comes first in this day an age:( Good luck to all the players especially the lads from the borough a good few goin down and hopefully taking a scalp or 2 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Does anyone know who won today's non-ranked Gleneagle Irish Masters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Does anyone know who won today's non-ranked Gleneagle Irish Masters?

Don't know and does anybody know who qualified last night?

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Nothing on the PDC website about last night's qualifier or today's tournament.:mad:

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Nothing on the PDC website about last night's qualifier or today's tournament.:mad:

Noticed that earlier!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Semi-Finals

Brendan Dolan 2 v 5 Wayne Jones
    Colin Osbourne 3 v 5 Phil Taylor

Don't know result of final as I left before it was played.

I qualified but I don't know of the other qualifiers

Semi-Finals

Brendan Dolan 4 v 5 Wayne Jones

Cheers mate and fair play on getting through, best of luck tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Colin Osbourne beat me 4-1 in board semi final today

Semi-Finals

Brendan Dolan 4 v 5 Wayne Jones

Well done on qualifying last night and thanks for the updates on today.

Phil Taylor beat Wayne Jones in final 6-1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Clancruiser

Hey lads , few of us going to head down in the morning , what time will tomorrows games start at and finishing ? And do we just pay on entrance ? Any info would be great , thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Hey lads , few of us going to head down in the morning , what time will tomorrows games start at and finishing ? And do we just pay on entrance ? Any info would be great , thanks lads
    Starts at 12 noon, probably finish about 7pm and pay E10 at door to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Clancruiser

Starts at 12 noon, probably finish about 7pm and pay E10 at door to get in.
    Brillant stuff , thanks very much :cool:

Aodhagan, Brendan Dolan, Willie O'Connor and Connie Finnan cut thru many of the PDC players today in quick time and Connie was very unlucky in Qrts to miss many double for a win after being 4-1 up on Colin Osbourne.
    Well done lads 1

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Fantastic stuff, great for Irish darts, Connie really is having a season to remember, Pity theres no Lakeside to top it off.

Congratulations Ciarribhoy on getting through, best of luck tomorrow.

Just looking through the results there on planet darts. Aodhagen beat Terry jenkins and Andy Jenkins and Connie Finnan beat Tony Eccles and Alan Tabern and Brendan Dolan beat Mark Dudbridge before beating Aodhagen. Fair play.

padr81 wrote: »
    Just looking through the results there on planet darts. Aodhagen beat Terry jenkins and Andy Jenkins and Connie Finnan beat Tony Eccles and Alan Tabern and Brendan Dolan beat Mark Dudbridge before beating Aodhagen. Fair play.
    Yep, well done indeed. Well off to Killarney for more punishment, hope for a better draw today

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Cheers for the updates lads, keep em coming.

andy p vs connie finnan probably playing now

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Done and dusted. Beaten 6 2 and i played well. Mardle beat Connie 6 5 in the next, epic game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

played terry jenkins in the first round and lost 6-4, i threw really well up to 4-4 but couldnt keep it goin:(, broke his throw twice:D. he is a sound fella, great tournament so far, schotlen beat lewis 6-3, he threw great darts.

well done james and andy. did yourselves proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Fourth Round
    Wes Newton 6-1 Dennis Smith
    Jamie Caven 6-3 Alan Tabern
    Paul Nicholson 6-1 Mickey Mansell
    Andy Jenkins 6-5 Colin Osborne
    Phil Taylor 6-0 Michael van Gerwen
    Andy Hamilton 6-4 Ronnie Baxter
    Colin Lloyd v Wayne Jones
    Mark Walsh v Mark Dudbridge
    Losers £400

Quarter-Finals
    Wes Newton v Jamie Caven
    Paul Nicholson v Andy Jenkins
    Phil Taylor 6-1 Andy Hamilton
    v
    Losers £800

phil taylor has only lost 2 legs in 5 rounds.

Taylor 5-0 up in the final against Paul Nicholson.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

6 0 final result. Should have been a walkover for Nicholson though, Taylor had to be called 3 times!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

AndyP wrote: »
    6 0 final result. Should have been a walkover for Nicholson though, Taylor had to be called 3 times!

There is more chance of me becoming World Champion than Taylor being disqualified!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

well done to connie finnan at d weekend, i taught he played great darts, should of beaten osbourne yesterday and the match against mardle was a cracker. brenden dolan did well to get to d semis yesterday.

well done to everyone who played the weekend, its weekends like this that make me love darts even more:D

Great weekend but Brendan Dolan very unlucky not to hit 9 darter when throwing 5-4 down against the darts to Mark Walsh he hit 7x60's, treble 19 and pushed out the wire of double 12. He's very much at home on the PDC circuit now and I don't think anybody want to draw Aodhagan out of the hat at the Ally Pally either after his excellent display this weekend.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    There is more chance of me becoming World Champion than Taylor being disqualified!
    I think poor Nicholson's final was all over for him after having to stand on stage for 15 mins having Taylor's entrance tune being repeatedly blasted at him while he waited for the great man.

Advertisement