Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

i love when ya catch a girl looking at you, and when ya do she shyly looks away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Girls who drink pints. They could rule the world.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

down to earthness. Nothing less attractive then a girl thats done up to the nines all the time.

Also, her father owning a pub/farm is a good thing. free drink and food!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Physically, hands, nails, arse, back. Also curves. Lots of curves. Big boobs, long legs, naturally blonde. Ability to wear lingerie well is a big, big plus. I'm not into skinny or athletic women.

Personality, well I suppose at least as intelligent as me, but since I'm barely as smart as Bertie Wooster that's not a problem. Well read, aware of the world around them but not too practical. Very huggy is nice. She needs to be able to tolerate and indulge in apparent stupidity and borderline madness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

YES! Some guys are put off by it, but I shan't be drinking Smirnoff Ice to please anybody!

I do love the beardy/indie/nerdy type. Basically I want to go out with anyone from Fleet Foxes ;) Passion about music, especially music we both like, is such a turn on!

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    YES! Some guys are put off by it, but I shan't be drinking Smirnoff Ice to please anybody!

Yeah, I've heard some lads saying that it looks unattractive and 'un-ladylike'... I don't get that crap, I reckon the lads just feel slightly emasculated by it but eff that! I love a girl who can have a pint with the lads and throw out a few slaggings n'all!

Yeah, I've heard some lads saying that it looks unattractive and 'un-ladylike'... I don't get that crap, I reckon the lads just feel slightly emasculated by it but eff that! I love a girl who can have a pint with the lads and throw out a few slaggings n'all!

Yeah, my ex loved it really. I'd often head to the pub with his male friends and have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I do love the beardy/indie/nerdy type. Basically I want to go out with anyone from Fleet Foxes ;) Passion about music, especially music we both like, is such a turn on!

Twee, I'll buy you a pint if you are at Jape this Saturday;)
    Music knowledge in a girl is one of the biggest turn ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Spontaneity. Massive turn on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Bill Bailey was in my job last night and I fuggin MISSED him!!!

:o Jealous!

But yes, anything said by either of the two of them (or anything written by Graham Linehan) just bowls me over.

The IT Crowd :D One of my favourite shows!
    Confab wrote: »
    curves. Lots of curves.Big boobs, long legs, naturally blonde. Ability to wear lingerie well is a big, big plus. I'm not into skinny or athletic women.

... I think I might be a good match! :P Mainly for the boobs part, I'm not going to lie! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

I like girls that can talk about Impressionism,dance or any of the arts.

I like girls who care about other people ,like nurses .Nurses usually are lovely in my book.

Unfortunately ,I also like very short top heavy, a little bit of weight girls which actually looks ridiculous with me ,cause I'm 6'5 but who cares if it's love.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

A guy who gets straight to the point ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

I like men that are taller than me. The last fellow I had shennegans with, before meeting my OH, was smaller. It just didn't really work for me. Met my OH and went weak when he took me in his arms for the first time. Wowsers.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

I like boobs.

:o Jealous!

The IT Crowd :D One of my favourite shows!

Douglas is one of the greatest characters ever conceived. He's almost as good as Randy Marsh. If you like Peepshow, we're gettin married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

Depends on the poison. If its Miller or Heineken well then... stick to your Smirnoff Ices. :p

Um...

A unique laugh is always brilliant. Snorting/guffawing/spluttering/one of those laughs that sounds like dolphins conversing. If its original and contagious Im hooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

i find a guy who blushes quite cute. it's very endearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I like those really concerned looking, wrinkly-headed frowners.

Even if they don't give a toss about whatever the issue is, they look like they do.:)

Twee, I'll buy you a pint if you are at Jape this Saturday;)
    Music knowledge in a girl is one of the biggest turn ons.

Buy me a ticket instead :pac: I might actually go though, silly "job" getting in the way of things!

A good hugger is so nice. Make ya feel all special.

A good hugger is so nice.

Essential. It's actually a deal-breaker for me. Bad hug, bad buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

Essential. It's actually a deal-breaker for me. Bad hug, bad buzz.
    a bad hug can also mean the person didn't really want to hug in the first place....i only hug when i mean it....:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

deal-breaker

Have you been watching 30-Rock perchance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Hands... I think you can tell a lot by a mans hands

ciagr297 wrote: »
    a bad hug can also mean the person didn't really want to hug in the first place....i only hug when i mean it....:D

Same. If someone doesn't hug me properly, that's that!

Khannie wrote: »
    Have you been watching 30-Rock perchance?

No...?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

No...?

screenshotmplayer3.png

Ahaha, I want one!

Oh, I like artists. Of any sort. Singer, painter, musician. Hell, if a girl draws stick figures with a passion it's still a turn-on. Anything creative!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Khannie wrote: »
    screenshotmplayer3.png

I got a Scheinhardt Wig Company T-shirt while in New York recently. Love 30 Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Going to add to my already long list...

I love guys who...
    -aren't stuck up their arses about music, and can appreciate the fact that I can switch from Cher to Sigur Rós without so much as a second thought, and preferably has the same taste in music as me-- ie, literally everything.
    -watch IT Crowd, Big Bang Theory, Reaper, Arrested Development, Scrubs, Penn & Teller: Bullshít, QI, Skins, Mythbusters, Top Gear and those BBC dino docs, because those were awesome.
    -know different languages, or, better yet, are Dutch, German or Swedish and have those fantastic accents. French and Spanish are unappealing, though.
    -have dimples, if it suits their face.
    -are taller than me.
    -can inspire me into getting back into my artistic side (writing, drawing, photography) after a really long creative block.
    -don't mind me going around in ripped jeans, converse, a leather jacket and a plain tee, with barely any makeup on and undyed natural hair.
    -wear fitted boxers and can pull it off.
    -have a great sense of adventure (or just stupidity), and don't mind wandering around completely lost for hours on end in a big new city or a deep dark forest for the hell of it.
    -love to travel.
    -love to read.
    -love quality non-campy horror films.
    -know their way around a computer.
    -have good common/street sense, as in, aren't air-headed, and naturally know how to figure things out.
    -smell amazing.
    -know how to play guitar.
    -like easy-going, low-maitenance moderately short girls with big arses who have actual hips and a sense of freedom and acceptance who never freak out about anything, ever, and aren't afraid of basically anything.
    -will not be afraid to butt heads with me and stand up for what he believes in.
    -can cook.

Jesus, I could do this all day.. I'll stop now.

• Advertisement

^^Jaysus, that's some list! I'd be happy enough with someone who didn't care when my cons don't match....! ;)

Advertisement