Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Things I like...

Loads of quirky stuff.

Nice clean feet with healthy toe nails, very attractive.

Clean teeth, not whitened ones or perfect ones..

Nothing worse than when someone smiles with manky teeth!! Yuck!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

crap, I need to sort out my stubby nails :)

Thankfully my partner doesn't seem to mind.

I'm also ghostly white and have given up on fake tan a looong time ago. I hardly wear any make up - mainly because I couldn't be bothered. I just look like a ghost or something as I am so pale and fair.

I love mens long bony hands for some reason, and nice longish hair,and a shy smile! I wouldn't be against some muscle, but it is not important to me.

I also like converse, but seriously stuff like clothes and shoes on guys doens't matter at all to me in most cases. ( with the exception of a guy wearing leather trousers and/or tank tops - *shudder!)

It's mad though who you end up with as I always preferred dark haired guys. My partner preferred red heads. We're both natural blondes and it just does not matter one bit!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I have those
    :D

Five long years of the damn things!

Hehe. I'll bet you were delighted to hear that blokes like them. :)

I just remembered....the first girl I ever fancied (I mean really fancied....and later snogged) had braces. I wonder if that's a thing. Anyway....I'm rambling.

/me stops rambling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I suppose it was bad wording choice, but it was late, so let me away with it :P

I am very high-maintenance with my looks though, I spend ages cleansing and moisturising and doing my nails - they're purple, en ce moment!

Something that drives me wild about men ; when they wear white shirts.
    I just think they look amazing on!
    Black shirts too.
    Are you sure that not just anything in a shirt;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

AnnieB82 wrote: »
    stuff like clothes and shoes on guys doens't matter at all to me in most cases. ( with the exception of a guy wearing leather trousers and/or tank tops - *shudder!)

I'd say you were very glad to see the back of N*SYNC then ;)
    Khannie wrote: »
    Hehe. I'll bet you were delighted to hear that blokes like them. :)

I guess it makes me feel more comfortable about having them! Mainly because I'm used to guys approaching me to ask when they're coming off, rather than to compliment them! :P

blinding wrote: »
    Are you sure that not just anything in a shirt;)

Oi, I'm not that easy!

I actually have very strange, selected taste in men! I'm not into stereotypically 'good looking' generic guys at all - I like something a bit different! (Not Marilyn Manson different, mind you!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I am very high-maintenance with my looks though, I spend ages cleansing and moisturising and doing my nails - they're purple, en ce moment!

Yeah, I bite my nails and use face wash every evening to get the days grit and grime off my face, I buy expensive shampoo though :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I find girls that wear braces really cute :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I love it when a guy wears combats and a t-shirt what makes it even better is if he's covered in a slight layer of dirt/dust but it has to be the right type of dirt, not builder dirt outdoor dirt but the dusty kind not a mucky kind, the best kind being when he gos for a run/walk in the woods.

The only problem with this is I met a male friend who was like this, confused the hell out of me, I didn't know what to think.

I also like guys that can be incredibly childish at times. Like after a night out some of us went to get food, there was a small girl(4/5) going around all the tables skipping. When we got up most of us crawled out but one of the guys(6foot something in combats) started skipping after the girl he even stuck is elbows to his sides and twirled his arms. He scared the child and she ran off crying but seeing both of them skipping with delight was the funnest thing I've seen him do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

quirky things i like in a guy?

winking
    being a little shy and bashful (not socially phobic, but not arrogant either... it's a fine line!)
    i dig the glasses thing too
    receding hair line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I don't like guys who are very muscley, I like skinny guys and I like hip bones. A bit of muscle can be ok, as long as it's not too much. I also can't stand the rugby type of guy, arrrrrrrgh!

I have a thing for guys with a nice bitta hair, not very long, but just a nice bit.

Guys with nose rings (if it suits them).

Guys who love animals. I really like that.

Shy guys. Cute:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Hmm...

*Shower -fresh boys
    *Shyness can be really cute.
    *Not really a quirk, but intelligence is possibly the most attractive thing in the
    world to me.
    * +1 on glasses wearers.
    * Pretty hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Glasses= hot
    Geek chic= hot
    Big hands
    Shy smiles
    Wild hair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I love the Converse thing too and men with nice backs...i don't even know what a nice back is but...i love them. Also shaggy, messy hair and despite the fact I'm tall and only like boys taller than me all short boys are instantly attractive, i know that doesn't make sense but it's true.
    Personality wise I love when boys have slightly odd/artistic interests or when they openly laugh at me when i say silly things, I hate it when they act like they don't notice I've said something ridiculous (which is quite often).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i love grabable hair.keeps me happy.

and belts i love lads wearing belts.weird i know.

i like backs and shoulders too.

and chubby lads.makes them more squeezeable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    Geek chic= hot
    Big hands

TOTALLY with you!

I have a major thing for nerds!
    :D

And big hands...
    I guess they're just very ... suggestive ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

tattoos and piercings amazingly :rolleyes: really make me go weak at the knees. And smallness. My girlfriend possesses all these and more :) Lucky me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

I like lots of body hair, especially chests and preferably in conjunction with a hairy back and shoulders too.:)
    I'm fond of big hands too, they just seem capable and reassuring to me.
    But most of all I like a nice smile. It doesn't have to be perfect, just genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

They just smell and feel amazing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Clean hands and finger nails..

For obvious reasons...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Lower back dimples.
    Curves.
    Paleness.
    Redheads.
    Hilarious facial expressions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

illiop wrote: »
    I love the Converse thing too and men with nice backs...i don't even know what a nice back is but...i love them. Also shaggy, messy hair and despite the fact I'm tall and only like boys taller than me all short boys are instantly attractive, i know that doesn't make sense but it's true.
    Personality wise I love when boys have slightly odd/artistic interests or when they openly laugh at me when i say silly things, I hate it when they act like they don't notice I've said something ridiculous (which is quite often).
    I think this is again falling dangerously close to anything male;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I love...

Forearms and hands, especially when they're wrapped round me!
    That little nook between a guy's collarbone ad his neck. My nose/lips live there :)
    Broad chests make good pillows
    Thighs. I love nice manly thighs.
    Brown eyes/black curly hair combo. I am powerless to resist.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Dark curly hair....bestest boy hair!!

Strong hands and arms....I love love love strong manly hands!!

A tiny little pot belly/beer belly on an otherwise slender guy!! It makes me melty!

A good, contagious laugh absolutly kills me...especially on a shy(ish) guy!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Will wrote: »
    tattoos and piercings amazingly

Oh yes, good quality tattoos ftw. Some of the ones on the bodymod forum are absolutely amazing. I find sh*t ones (i.e. scratched in by your mate) a massive turn off.

edit:
    Kersmash wrote: »
    Lower back dimples.

What are lower back dimples?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm the same with the lower back dimples on a woman. Not all of them have them though. Forearms and tight upper arms can get me revved. small boned women. I don't mean fat wise, I mean delicate. Small waist. Those two horizontal neck lines that men don't have. Tats don't do it for me though.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Khannie wrote: »
    What are lower back dimples?

These:

back-dimples12.jpg

And boys have them too...

istockphoto_585732_backside.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I am also a fan of girls with slight "imperfections '' and who wear glasses to .I also find chunky tanned thighs ( like the ones in previos post ) nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

A great ass and preferably......one i can balance my cup of coffee on.:)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Seeing a lady engaging in an extreme and unexpected act of kindness always does it for me. Not necessarily kind to me: Just knowing thats the person she is.

Or a lady who is more intelligent than me. (Admittedly not difficult)

Or a lady who loves animals. Again I think it's the kindness thing.

I get the "dark" personality thing too. Nocturnal forum, see?

I also like pale and interesting, but I don't consider that weird- I consider wanting tanned, fake and makeupped to the nines weird. Why be interested in something which is faked? Or someone who cares more about appearance than the world they live in?

sorry if that offends anyone, just being honest about what quirks attract me. It's a sad fact about the human race that seeing an act of kindness is a quirk :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

shellyboo wrote: »
    These:

back-dimples12.jpg

And boys have them too...

istockphoto_585732_backside.jpg

So thats what they're called!
    Learn something new every day.

Advertisement