Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

If you like Peepshow, we're gettin married.

Jeremy: [holding some Mansize tissues] Look, people will think we spend the whole time ****.
    Mark: Don't be ridiculous, they're for wiping up mess.
    Jeremy: Yeah, man mess. That's why they're mansize.

:D

Peep show is amazing!

CoachBoone wrote: »
    A unique laugh is always brilliant. Snorting/guffawing/spluttering/one of those laughs that sounds like dolphins conversing. If its original and contagious Im hooked.

Haha, I never knew someone could sum up my laugh so well :P
    I've been told mine's quite evil-sounding :/
    Oh, I like artists. Of any sort. Singer, painter, musician. Hell, if a girl draws stick figures with a passion it's still a turn-on. Anything creative!

Hahah!

I can imagine you cooing over this lady with her hands covered in Playdoh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I like that! I'm far from a six-pack :pac:
    i only have 5 down there, but im finishing my 6th and last one now. back to the offy i guess...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Peep show is amazing!

[Superhands] This crack is really moreish.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

liah wrote: »
    Going to add to my already long list...

I love guys who...
    -aren't stuck up their arses about music, and can appreciate the fact that I can switch from Cher to Sigur Rós without so much as a second thought, and preferably has the same taste in music as me-- ie, literally everything.
    -watch IT Crowd, Big Bang Theory, Reaper, Arrested Development, Scrubs, Penn & Teller: Bullshít, QI, Skins, Mythbusters, Top Gear and those BBC dino docs, because those were awesome.
    -know different languages, or, better yet, are Dutch, German or Swedish and have those fantastic accents. French and Spanish are unappealing, though.
    -have dimples, if it suits their face.
    -are taller than me.
    -can inspire me into getting back into my artistic side (writing, drawing, photography) after a really long creative block.
    -don't mind me going around in ripped jeans, converse, a leather jacket and a plain tee, with barely any makeup on and undyed natural hair.
    -wear fitted boxers and can pull it off.
    -have a great sense of adventure (or just stupidity), and don't mind wandering around completely lost for hours on end in a big new city or a deep dark forest for the hell of it.
    -love to travel.
    -love to read.
    -love quality non-campy horror films.
    -know their way around a computer.
    -have good common/street sense, as in, aren't air-headed, and naturally know how to figure things out.
    -smell amazing.
    -know how to play guitar.
    -like easy-going, low-maitenance moderately short girls with big arses who have actual hips and a sense of freedom and acceptance who never freak out about anything, ever, and aren't afraid of basically anything.
    -will not be afraid to butt heads with me and stand up for what he believes in.
    -can cook.

Jesus, I could do this all day.. I'll stop now.

You realise all dudes will fit at least one of them category's!!!!! Funnily enough, aside from the TV shows (I only watch half of the listed ones), and the smelling amazing(I don't know how I smell TBH), you did just describe me!!!! Lol.

Something quirky that I like about a girl, the ability to sit through a movie without talking or checking their phone. I have never come across a girl like that though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

You realise all dudes will fit at least one of them category's!!!!! Funnily enough, aside from the TV shows (I only watch half of the listed ones), and the smelling amazing(I don't know how I smell TBH), you did just describe me!!!! Lol.

Something quirky that I like about a girl, the ability to sit through a movie without talking or checking their phone. I have never come across a girl like that though!!!

I'm quiet and attentive when in the cinema, but I don't really go to the cinema very often so when I do I make sure to pay attention because it's so rare. :o

Oh, forgot to add "can appreciate silence without it being awkward and doesn't have to fill every second of every day with conversation."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

liah wrote:
    watch Top Gear

marry me

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

liah wrote: »
    Oddly, the back of the neck, and the way hair curls at the nape. One of the WEIRDEST things I can think of. I just think it's so cute, and I have absolutely no idea why. yea i like this too

Actually, I like hair in general. The nice thick wavy kind, not too short, not too long, but long enough that you notice it's wavy.

Glasses are adorable, too.

..and strangely I have a thing for guys wearing converse.

And backs. Oh jesus backs are sexy.

And men who do sleight of hand.

And men who can pull off the newsboy cap in a way that doesn't make them look pretentious.

And men who immediately warm to animals.

Apparently I have a lot of these... :pac:
    were you thinking about one person in particular when you typed this or just in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Nope, was just in general, lol, or while thinking about a lot of random individuals, not necessarily ones I've had contact with though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

oh right cos i was wondering where you found this man!!! (i wanted him) haha :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

An individual/quirky dress sense is very appealing.I used to work with a girl who was sort of hippyish/rock chick/business attired and she was absolutely adorable.Pity her fella was such a sound guy too.

Someone that knows cinema doesnt begin and end in Hollywood and that gets totally animated and excited when talking about a film they love is immensely attractive.

Quirkyness/dorkish sense of humour is also very cute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

This made me laugh loads!

Artistic qualities are lovely. I'm so uncreative (but not unappreciative), so I love when others are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Jeremy: [holding some Mansize tissues] Look, people will think we spend the whole time ****.
    Mark: Don't be ridiculous, they're for wiping up mess.
    Jeremy: Yeah, man mess. That's why they're mansize.

Hahah!

Haha, well maybe a liiiiiittle more creative than playdoh.....!

"I get it. You were lampooning me. It was a simple lampoon."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I don't really talk during movies except to keep predicting what'll happen next which annoys people I go with :(
    (yes I do get it right)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

So nothing here about athletic build redheads, with muscular legs, good manners and is trained in massage? *goes to sit in a dark corner*:( Seriously though, i am instantly drawn to a girl who just sounds genuinely nice...dunno how i can just sense it:P and redheads (smokin hot;)), someone that wont live in a tracksuit/pyjamas, non smokers and can "get" me. I can appreciate a woman in glasses too, the right frame combined with hairstyle can be almost too sexy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

I like those really concerned looking, wrinkly-headed frowners.

Especially if they're bald and the expression goes all the way up their heads.:D

Twee. wrote: »
    This made me laugh loads!

Artistic qualities are lovely. I'm so uncreative (but not unappreciative), so I love when others are.

Thank You! The image made me laugh too! I just had to say it!

I like creative people too - guys interested in art and photography are nice ... shows a deep side to them.
    Haha, well maybe a liiiiiittle more creative than playdoh.....!

What could be more creative than Playdoh? - finger painting? :D

Does anyone else think laughter lines are cute too?
    I love people with really expressive faces...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

A girl who can appreciate a good pint of guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Girls who are into cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Rugby-esq guys :) yummers. Mine is rugby-esq, now I gotta convince him to start playing hehehe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

After going to the opticians today, I realise that freckles are AMAZING. Also, soft voices. I kept trying to find excuses to stick around and talk to her more.

"You can just call us up and make your next appointment, or I'll make it for you now, whatever you want."

"Now please............"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Ollchailin

I like the little freckle that's at the bottom of my OH's thumb. I sometimes look down when we're holding hands and it makes me smile.

And I sometimes use his upper arm as a pillow- it's muscly but not beefy and makes me feel safe (cheesy but true! :o)

On men in general though you can't go wrong with a bit of stubble, good manners and an ability to loosen up and have the craic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

A guy that can make tea properly:) , a bit of body hair not a yetti but a few on his chest....oh and good arms that can pin me down :p

Bryn wrote: »
    Girls who are into cars!

Oh, like Honda Integras? They're nice cars :P

Rugby-esq guys :) yummers. Mine is rugby-esq, now I gotta convince him to start playing hehehe.

I actually forgot that point!
    Rugby guys definitely :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skally-wag

I love a guy carrying a sports bag or gear bag: like, it shows they're fit and stuff, I dunno if that's weird but they always catch my eye over a guy who isn't carrying one :D

gear bag as in... full of drugs!?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Boys who read. Boys who read on public transport always catch my eye.

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    Boys who read. Boys who read on public transport always catch my eye.

I imagine it depends on what he's reading?

Fantasy book - OK

Mein Kampf - Eh? :D (Godwin win's again.)

But I agree for the Vice Versa, I love girls who read, particularily girls who read the same kind of books I read! No Chick-lit thank you (except in private now and then:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

I love men with hairy chests and legs really hairy:pac:

plus a shaved head:)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

I imagine it depends on what he's reading?

Fantasy book - OK

Mein Kampf - Eh? :D (Godwin win's again.)

But I agree for the Vice Versa, I love girls who read, particularily girls who read the same kind of books I read! No Chick-lit thank you (except in private now and then:o)

Totally, I saw a guy ploughing his way through Jane Austen one day, I was seriously impressed. Another day another dude was trying to suppress laughter while reading Ross O'Carroll Kelly, the noises coming out of him, quickly followed by a look of shame kept me smiling the whole way home.

Basically anything vaugely intelligent, or anything that I would like to read myself would impress me.

And do you know how difficult it is to try hide the cover of the latest chick-lit blockbuster read? Man, why does the covers have to be so brightly coloured! It's a true talent that evades me, privacy it is. :)

• Advertisement

MadgeBadge wrote: »
    Totally, I saw a guy ploughing his way through Jane Austen one day, I was seriously impressed. Another day another dude was trying to suppress laughter while reading Ross O'Carroll Kelly, the noises coming out of him, quickly followed by a look of shame kept me smiling the whole way home.

Basically anything vaugely intelligent, or anything that I would like to read myself would impress me.

And do you know how difficult it is to try hide the cover of the latest chick-lit blockbuster read? Man, why does the covers have to be so brightly coloured! It's a true talent that evades me, privacy it is. :)

*Note to self, Buy Jane Austen.* :D

I am mor eof a Palahnuik and fantasy (magicians) reader on Buses though!

Love to see people read, but I see it as the same thing as someone listening to their MP3 player, they don't want to be bothered, there is no proper way to chat someone up on a bus, because asking them about their book takes them away from reading their book!!!:mad:

Advertisement