Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Options
  • 17-05-2009 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

Well, ladies and gentlemen!
    Let's have them :)

Quirky or unusual things you like or find attractive about the opposite, or your preferred sex!
    :D

I'm a huge fan of guys with glasses.
    I always notice them ahead of guys who don't wear them!
    I just find them sexy :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Heeeeellllllllo, I wear glasses. :P

But seriously, for me it's the slight "imperfections" that I like, which is why I tend to avoid girls who rely heavily on make up and fake tan to look pretty.

I like spots, freckles, bitten nails. They show me you are actually human, rather than some facade of a former self.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah, a girl who is natural. No make up. Its great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Bah I hate my glasses, I got them when I had an afro and at the time they suited me well, since I got my head shaved though I noticed the lenses are far too wide for my now skinnier head.. stupid opticians! she told me I had a face for glasses and most sets suited me well!

What quirky things do I like.. I'm too shy to introduce myself to most women so it really helps if they give me some pretty clear cut signs that they would like a chat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Oddly, the back of the neck, and the way hair curls at the nape. One of the WEIRDEST things I can think of. I just think it's so cute, and I have absolutely no idea why.

Actually, I like hair in general. The nice thick wavy kind, not too short, not too long, but long enough that you notice it's wavy.

Glasses are adorable, too.

..and strangely I have a thing for guys wearing converse.

And backs. Oh jesus backs are sexy.

And men who do sleight of hand.

And men who can pull off the newsboy cap in a way that doesn't make them look pretentious.

And men who immediately warm to animals.

Apparently I have a lot of these... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭RedXIV

dimples. my OH won't admit she has them but she has a certain way of looking up at me with a tilt of her head and they show up. sends me absolutely weak at the knees. I'm not sure if she knows about this but if she does, thats it, i'm screwed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I like spots, freckles, bitten nails. They show me you are actually human...

I have freckles :D
    Shame about the spots and bitten nails though - must try harder to be more low maintenance!
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah, a girl who is natural. No make up. Its great :D

Really? Oh, yikes! I don't think I'd be brave enough to try that too often.

Strangely, I also like a guy without muscle - I find six packs off-putting, in general.

For me, they just symbolise vanity and an obsession with yourself.

liah wrote: »
    ..and strangely I have a thing for guys wearing converse

A girl once told me she found me sexy because she loved my red Converse

I wonder what would've happened if i brought her home and i took them off...................

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

A genuine unforced grin, an honest laugh, a strong hint of the devil in the eyes ... so fupping sexy! :o

It's when they come off that I'm not so happy, I have a thing about feet, they squick me out :( As long as they're socked I'm okay, though..

Strangely, I also like a guy without muscle - I find six packs off-putting, in general.

I like that! I'm far from a six-pack :pac:

• Advertisement

It's when they come off that I'm not so happy, I have a thing about feet, they squick me out :( As long as they're socked I'm okay, though..

I was always grand with feet until i went out with this girl who i was crazy about for months

And then when we were in bed i noticed she had webbed feet.

Freaked me out!

I have freckles :D
    Shame about the spots and bitten nails though - must try harder to be more low maintenance!

Really? Oh, yikes! I don't think I'd be brave enough to try that too often.

I have a sixpack, it's just underneath a protective covering!!!!:D

One of the strangest things I find attractive in the opposite sex, it I quite like girls with dark personalities. Rather than the happy happy all the time girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Ive a thing about

sexy backs mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    I like very prominent jaws and chins on women think its the most underestimated part of a womans body as it really does give the hole face shape...
    finger nails i think are very important... little stuby ones are really unattractive :confused:

... little stuby ones are really unattractive :confused:
    Hopefully no woman ever said that to you! :D

i don't want to talk about it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

And backs. Oh jesus backs are sexy.

I quite like girls with dark personalities. Rather than the happy happy all the time girls.

Perhaps you'd like to meet my friend, Lucifer? :P

With one guy, I had a real thing about his ears - they were so small and cute.
    Looking at them made me smile!
    How very odd! :pac:

HAHAHHA
    Epic come-back!

:D I'm happy to hear that because I'm not very muscly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

And men who do sleight of hand.

I'll be sure to pickpocket you should I encounter you.

• Advertisement

Also, as well as natural girls, girls who have a natural figure.

Skinny really isn't sexy to me

With you on the no muscle thing... mostly because I have no visible muscle either and it would make me feel really bad. :pac: I'm really, really not bothered about body type at all though tbh. As long as the guy has an appealing personality, I'll always find something to love about him, and would find him the sexiest man on the planet.

Still, if I were being purely superficial, then that's an entirely different story... :D

Actually this post is making me feel a lot better about myself, I've got a natural figure and a dark personality and don't wear much makeup (just eyes, really).. I have stubby fingernails on one hand because I play the guitar, and the nails on the other hand while long aren't really all that even, and they've no polish.

Being natural is the way to be.

As long as the guy has an appealing personality, I'll alays find something to love about him, and would find him the sexiest man on the planet.

A guy walks into a bar...................

With you on the no muscle thing... mostly because I have no visible muscle either and it would make me feel really bad. :pac: I'm really, really not bothered about body type at all though tbh. As long as the guy has an appealing personality, I'll always find something to love about him, and would find him the sexiest man on the planet.

Still, if I were being purely superficial, then that's an entirely different story... :D

Actually this post is making me feel a lot better about myself, I've got a natural figure and a dark personality and don't wear much makeup (just eyes, really).. I have stubby fingernails on one hand because I play the guitar, and the nails on the other hand while long aren't really all that even, and they've no polish.

Being natural is the way to be.

Don't get scared, but playing was the cherry on top, I want to marry you now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

All this ant-muscles sentiment is making me glad almost never go to the gym anymore :o

Galvasean wrote: »
    All this ant-muscles sentiment is making me glad almost never go to the gym anymore :o
    You're obsessed with ruddy ants to-night! :eek:

Aren't ants notorious for being really strong?

Show offs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭jane86

There is a certain walk that some guys have and I find it verry attractive for some reason.

I'd explain it more but the last time I tried to someone made fun of me on here :o

Don't get scared, but playing was the cherry on top, I want to marry you now!!!!

:D Did I mention I can tie a knot in a cherry stem using only my tongue? :pac:

• Advertisement

jane86 wrote: »
    There is a certain walk that some guys have and I find it verry attractive for some reason.

Go on, we can all spend the week perfecting it :)

Advertisement