Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Daisies wrote: »
    It's a sarcas-o-meter!

Yea well whatever it's called it shall test your sarcasm skills to the max!

As not to derail the thread... I like girls that like to dance and not be afraid to dance like an idiot.. idiot style is my favourite style of dance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

You're a queen now Fago, are you?

Yes!
    papagormo wrote: »
    hah! good burn!

Not really, seeing as how I call myself a queen all the time, such as below:
    Fago! wrote: »
    Does sarcasm count? I am the queen of sarcasm
    No you're not, I am! :cool:

See ^^^^^

More to the point, I like a girl who has "a smell" or "a scent" one that's unique to them. I was with someone recently and they smelled deadly! So many girls have no particlar musk, and just smell generic and normal and boring!

I know that looks weird, but so many times have I read on boards "I love how my GF or BF smells" so you know what I mean.

Bit odd but alas, that's what this thread is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i get what youre on about,i like when a guy doesnt shower or shave for a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

You know just that one look that only lasts a second, kinda serious and you fell like he is not just looking at you but looking in you.

I'm mad about my boss in work and he has given me that look twice, when I said something really intresting and he sees me the real me and not the me that runs around all day after him!

Does any one understand?? Its very hard to explain but it drives me crazy for him

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

kiwi123 wrote: »
    when a guy is just like ahead taller than ya so they can give ya forehead kisses.

I love that too. Or when they can rest their chin on the top of your head. (It also helps because I love my heels)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

i get what youre on about,i like when a guy doesnt shower or shave for a few days!

Shaving, okay... But not showering for a few days? That's not quirky, that's just dirty, in a bad way! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Novella wrote: »
    Shaving, okay... But not showering for a few days? That's not quirky, that's just dirty, in a bad way! :p

+1 - I like to know a guy is washed when hes meeting me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

I like a man who is not afraid to tell me no!
    When they don't let me have my own way, that is what i look for in a man.

A strong Alpha male. As much as women fight for the whole "Equality" status.... I'm quite happy to bow down and let my man fight for me and protect me.

I mean in a case of the house being burgled, I want to feel completely safe with my man there.

As well as accents, they need to be tall. Im 5ft 7 and I like to wear HIGH heels! So I love men who are 6ft 2+!

Anywho... no point me saying what I like or look for here... chances are I'm not going to meet that special someone here! lol!

As for all who said well read and articulate.... Agreed!

I like when a guy likes me and doesn't think an appropriate way of expressing that is to talk about sex all the time, or flirt with someone else in front of me to see if it makes me angry. Turning everything into a sexual reference doesn't make me think you like me, it makes me think you want to have sex, and possibly that you lack any conversational skills! As for openly flirting with other girls, that's annoying but I'm not gonna tell you that, I'm just gonna find someone who isn't a moron.

So I basically like maturity, and that is very quirky it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

censorsh!t has definitely given the best description!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Ambitious and intelligent men ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Mens arms...love those muscles!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,783 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Fago! wrote: »
    Not really, seeing as how I call myself a queen all the time, such as below:

i think I hit someones nerve ends. Not to worry, a good dose of Chillaxitwillya should sort that out sunshine.;)

i used to go to college with a girl and i could almost swear her eyes almost sparkled, and then when she smiled, wow. amazing.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

I like short girls. Dunno why.

My GF is about 4"10' and Im about 6" so even when shes on her tippy toes I still have to bend down to kiss her:D

Likewise she likes me being skinny cos she can get her short arms all the way around me:)

long hair

An interest in different music, stuff thats mabe a bit edgey even if I dont like it myself.

A rounded full face, hate these supermodel ones with big long horse faces!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Barely 5ft myself and luv tall guys, tall and lean with long lean arms, none of this muscle man pumped up look :D yum! have always had a thing about noses, love a kinda beaky nose eg like your man Noah Wyle who was Dr Carter on ER, what a nose!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 karen86

Thick black framed glasses on men. So adorable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

When a guy looks tired and dishevelled and still manages to look hawt. :)

When a guy looks tired and dishevelled and still manages to look hawt. :)

+1 :D

I like guys who I can swap books with. Guys who still think making mix tapes is pretty cool. Guys who don't ever say, "Novella, Kinder chocolate is just for kids." :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Guys that wink.

I like being winked at, makes me giggle and go all blushy.:)

• Advertisement

I like a guy to hold my hand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

I like guys who I can swap books with. Guys who still think making mix tapes is pretty cool. Guys who don't ever say, "Novella, Kinder chocolate is just for kids." :pac:

Wow, this is actually the first post I think I've ever read on Boards that made me think "I would actually like to meet this person."

I'm a little shocked to be honest.

For the record, I have quite a few books but nowhere near enough, I make actual mixtapes for myself and my friends and I happen to love Kinder chocolate. Just so you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I haven't made a mix tape in a long long time but my friend Turlough made me one for my 21st a few years ago. Bags of awesome. If a girl were to make me a mixtape, I'd take her to the registry office as that hasn't happened in about 5 years!

Wow, this is actually the first post I think I've ever read on Boards that made me think "I would actually like to meet this person."

I'm a little shocked to be honest.

For the record, I have quite a few books but nowhere near enough, I make actual mixtapes for myself and my friends and I happen to love Kinder chocolate. Just so you know.

:)
    I've actually never met someone who knew what Kinder chocolate was! Other than Kinder Buenos. Which I happen to dislike!
    I haven't made a mix tape in a long long time but my friend Turlough made me one for my 21st a few years ago. Bags of awesome. If a girl were to make me a mixtape, I'd take her to the registry office as that hasn't happened in about 5 years!

No one ever makes me mix tapes :( So I make them for myself, 'cause I still have a tape player (I actually forget what a tape player is called now!) in my bedroom and I like to be able to make tapes of my favourite songs. Then one day you find a really old tape and you put it on and it reminds you of all the things you used to do, all the people you hung out and you still remember all the words.

If a guy made me a mix tape, I'd probably be happy for the rest of my life.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If I made a mix tape, many would go WTF? :D Swapping books is de rigeur. Goes without saying. That said the books I get into? Again mostly WTF? I have weirdly eclectic tastes. I dont read fiction for a start. So straightaway that marks me as a tad strange. :) Kinder? Yep know that one. Recall the ad where the grandfather hands out kinder surprise choccies to kids. A touch too catholic for my tastes. ;):D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Someone made me a mixed CD before. In amongst a load of love songs, this song came on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWf8qv7c2IU&feature=related

Kind of destroyed the niceness.

Wibbs wrote: »
    If I made a mix tape, many would go WTF? :D Swapping books is de rigeur. Goes without saying. That said the books I get into? Again mostly WTF? I have weirdly eclectic tastes. I dont read fiction for a start. So straightaway that marks me as a tad strange. :) Kinder? Yep know that one. Recall the ad where the grandfather hands out kinder surprise choccies to kids. A touch too catholic for my tastes. ;):D

Hahaha, if you made a mix tape, it wouldn't be like, "Yay, he remembers tapes!", it'd be, "Oh, has he not heard of cd's?" :P:pac: No one would go wtf though, a mix tape is a mix tape! It's the fact someone has gone to effort of putting together songs they think you'll like, or hope you'll like, or know you like, and on a tape! I dunno. I was just obsessed with making tapes when I was a kid. :)

No guy has ever swapped books with me, ever, so it does not go without saying. The closest I've gotten to a guy who liked to read was a guy who said he bought fhm for the articles.

You said it was too milky for your taste before... That's when I realised we couldn't be friends haha :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ep71

Hahaha, if you made a mix tape, it wouldn't be like, "Yay, he remembers tapes!", it'd be, "Oh, has he not heard of cd's?" :P:pac: No one would go wtf though, a mix tape is a mix tape! It's the fact someone has gone to effort of putting together songs they think you'll like, or hope you'll like, or know you like, and on a tape! I dunno. I was just obsessed with making tapes when I was a kid. :)

No guy has ever swapped books with me, ever, so it does not go without saying. The closest I've gotten to a guy who liked to read was a guy who said he bought fhm for the articles.

You said it was too milky for your taste before... That's when I realised we couldn't be friends haha :P:D

on the subject of kinder chocolate, i went on a family holiday waaay back in 1996 when i was 9 with my family to brittany and the place was absolutely flooded with kinder chocolate!!!! it was so cheap too and you could get 3 pack of kinder eggs in a big supermarket called super U :D best holiday ever!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I love making mixes :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

:)
    I've actually never met someone who knew what Kinder chocolate was! Other than Kinder Buenos. Which I happen to dislike!

No one ever makes me mix tapes :( So I make them for myself, 'cause I still have a tape player (I actually forget what a tape player is called now!) in my bedroom and I like to be able to make tapes of my favourite songs. Then one day you find a really old tape and you put it on and it reminds you of all the things you used to do, all the people you hung out and you still remember all the words.

If a guy made me a mix tape, I'd probably be happy for the rest of my life.

I got a Kinder Egg last christmas as a little joke present. I won't lie, it was one of the best presents I got. I happen to have the little toy thing beside me right now actually. Odd little sheep thing. Don't like bueno's either, or anything with Hazelnut really. Nutella I can manage though.

I'm actually starting a cassette based record label, bringing tapes back, one tiny release at a time. Should have the first one in the shops before the end of the summer. And our first vinyl, though thats different.

As for not swapping books, thats madness. Definitely the best way to find out what a person is like (beyond you know, conversation and stuff) is by what literature they buy and actually read. I don't get as much time as I'd like to read what I want, I have a lot of reading to do for for college which takes up most of my time but I'm hoping to get through a lot during the summer. Get back to the Russians for a bit before going on a Flann O'Brien binge. Thats the plan anyway.

Advertisement