Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quirky things you like about the opposite sex

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

A girl with an ample bottom - who is proud of it! Yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

cliche thing but a good sense of humour on a wimmins goes a long way with papa, oh and eyes, jaysus theres a girl in DKIT iv managed to randomly get talking to once or twice and her eyes just grab my attention something cruel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

beks101 wrote: »
    Actually screw straight, white teeth and saving kittens from trees...there's nothing hotter than a well-read man.

What usually follows is an articulate guy who can string a sentence together quite eloquently...there's a guy in work who sends out well-worded, witty emails with meticulous spelling etc and my God does it make me swoon.

Me a nerd :o

Similarly, bad grammar (or txt speak) is a horrible turn-off. I was kinda digging a girl recently enough until, via text, she said "Your totally right". Sounds pedantic but it's a SIMPLE rule that gets hammered into ye in first class....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Similarly, bad grammar (or txt speak) is a horrible turn-off. I was kinda digging a girl recently enough until, via text, she said "Your totally right". Sounds pedantic but it's a SIMPLE rule that gets hammered into ye in first class....

Equally, 'I done that', 'I seen her' etc

How can someone speak like this and NOT realise how stupid it makes them sound?? I could be talking to Brad Pitt, but instantly I've mentally checked out. I just envisage myself doomed to a life of frustration and misery correcting someone else's grammar and hating myself for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

beks101 wrote: »
    Equally, 'I done that', 'I seen her' etc

How can someone speak like this and NOT realise how stupid it makes them sound?? I could be talking to Brad Pitt, but instantly I've mentally checked out. I just envisage myself doomed to a life of frustration and misery correcting someone else's grammar and hating myself for it.

Agreed. People sometimes think I'm an ass cos of this stuff but it really is a communication barrier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

When a girl has a witty dark sense of humour I always take notice

A girl who doesn't follow the crowd just to be cool is a big turn-on

Personality > Looks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Horse_box wrote: »
    When a girl has a witty dark sense of humour I always take notice

A girl who doesn't follow the crowd just to be cool is a big turn-on

Personality > Looks:)

What happens when she has both? :pac:

/chuckles

I've a strong individualistic personality, and tbh a bit of a wild card. These things can actually go against you sometimes. I get the impression that some women feel threatened by this (far from intentional), and some guys seem a little intimidated. But I am what I am, and once a guy can get past talking to me first its lols all around :pac:

I'd be much like yourself tbh, personality and a sense of humour goes a long way with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

A guy who is tall/well built but not too muscular if you get it,I find mechanics so hot.. a little chest hair,nice smile and someone who can pull of one of them Jackets with car badges on eg subaru jacket,.. I like men who work with cars.. mmm hmm!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Did I mention manners in here before?! I've no idea, but boy do I dig manners!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 riskyOz

I think that hair bands can be very sexy. This girl i work with was wearing one yesterday and she looking a lot sexier than usual . Weird i know :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Watching a man shave. especially when he has his shirt off. Equally when he comes fresh outta the shower, would be just dying to whip that towel off!

Shoulders and arms. But not too bulky. A man who reads books, thinks about them and can discuss them with you! Fab.

Best of all is cuddling up on the sofa. Someone who is just right to snuggle against, nothing beats that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I love when they have good grammaries. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I love when they're TAR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Manners and politeness are very important imo.
    Doesn't mean you need to be a prude, far from it, but if someone im a group may not be your cup of tea you should still give them a bit of respect. Like veryone should get some respect until such a time as they have really shown themselves to be undeserving.

It's the old thing that if someone is really lovely to you, but rude to a waiter, then they aren't really a nice person.

Of course all of this is coupled with making yourself presentable to the opposite sex :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Similarly, bad grammar (or txt speak) is a horrible turn-off. I was kinda digging a girl recently enough until, via text, she said "Your totally right." Sounds pedantic but it's a SIMPLE rule that gets hammered into ye in first class....

Inverted commas go OUTSIDE full stops. No wonder you're single :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Manners and politeness are very important imo.
    Doesn't mean you need to be a prude, far from it, but if someone im a group may not be your cup of tea you should still give them a bit of respect. Like veryone should get some respect until such a time as they have really shown themselves to be undeserving.

It's the old thing that if someone is really lovely to you, but rude to a waiter, then they aren't really a nice person.

Of course all of this is coupled with making yourself presentable to the opposite sex :D

This, this, this! I was seeing a guy once, was always nice to me but when we went out, he just treated everyone else so badly. It drove me crazy, most of the time I was looking at waiters, shopkeepers etc. and giving them my "I am so sorry" face!

I remember we ate in a shopping centre one day and I was tidying up afterwards and he said, "Ugh, people are paid to clean up after us, what are you doing? Leave that there." I just thought, "Wow, you are a twat."

Anyway, end of rant! I like guys who know the importance of family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I like alternative/indie girls. But any girl that likes the kinda stuff i like.. good comedies, zombie movies, going to see live bands.

Girls with glasses are very cute. Dyed red hair also.. well even some natural redheads.

Tattoos i like.

Softly spoken girls with an accent other than a Dublin one. Kindness towards other people is very important too.

Ability to make me laugh and i like it when girls slag me in a playful manner.

A girl doesn't have to have all these things if i find one that does i'd marry her then and there. I still wear my Jeffrey Lewis t-shirt into town sometimes at weekends in the hope a cute girl will strike up a conversation about his music with me. I stopped wearing my Elliott Smith t-shirts out as it got weird when guys would come up to me on the dance floor and quote his lyrics.

I wear glasses myself but only in work really. I did notice some girls like them and would ask to try them on but always kinda annoyed me as i need them to see. I think i do better without glasses now it might be because i think my eyes are my best feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

You think that's bad? I once told a guy that I really didn't think we couldn't take things further because he doesn't know what an apostrophe is. (I'm shallow, I know, sorry.)

He sent me an entire text full of COMMAS afterwards.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Girls with glasses are very cute. Dyed red hair also.. well even some natural redheads.

Tick and tick (natural not dyed red)
    Softly spoken girls with an accent other than a Dublin one. Kindness towards other people is very important too.

Tick. Galway

Does sarcasm count? I am the queen of sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Daisies wrote: »

No you're not, I am! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Fago! wrote: »
    No you're not, I am! :cool:

You're a queen now Fago, are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,782 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

You're a queen now Fago, are you?

hah! good burn!

papagormo wrote: »
    hah! good burn!

He walked into that one. Too easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

+ 1 to all your post, Slasher, but this part stood out:
    It's the old thing that if someone is really lovely to you, but rude to a waiter, then they aren't really a nice person

Reminds me of an episode of The IT Crowd where Jen is on a date. All is going well until the man starts being rude and obnoxious to the waiter.
    He thinks he looks like Mick Hucknall then shouts "Oi, waiter! When you're simply ready!" at him :pac:

It was funny in the context of the episode, but you realise what a turn off that sort of behaviour is. It doesn't make people appealing to you, but quite the opposite.

All it takes is a little respect *dashes off singing Erasure's song*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

when a guy is just like ahead taller than ya so they can give ya forehead kisses.

Someone who has some sort of an interest in current affairs, can hold a conversation and can challenge you in your opinions and views

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Novella wrote: »
    This, this, this! I was seeing a guy once, was always nice to me but when we went out, he just treated everyone else so badly. It drove me crazy, most of the time I was looking at waiters, shopkeepers etc. and giving them my "I am so sorry" face!
    A major red flag that one. Always look at how a person regards others. Especially others that have no obvious importance for them, in particular other women they're not interested in. That's their default position, so when the initial novelty with you wears off, sure as night follows day that's a flavour of how you'll end up being treated. Same for guys and women who are obnoxious to others. IME it has proved a very good yardstick to gauge a person.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I had to read this about 4 times before I realised it didn't say making yourself penetrable to the opposite sex :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Guys who like animals.
    Guys who read lots and who have good intelligence in general. I really can't stand dim-witted guys.
    Similiarish tastes in music.
    Confident, but not loud.
    A guy who is funny, definitely (And who gets my sometimes ****ed up, politically incorrect humour).
    A guy who is passionate about something. Maybe it sounds weird, but I'd rather his time be split between his hobbies/interests and me, rather than all dedicated to me.
    A guy who isn't scared to travel to weird places and rough it out a bit.
    And a guy who isn't obsessed with me. That weirds me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Well sarcasm counts if you're witty enough. I have a sarcasm meter I challenge you to try and break it. Well done on the glasses and read hair though :)

• Advertisement

Well sarcasm counts if you're witty enough. I have a sarcasm meter I challenge you to try and break it. Well done on the glasses and read hair though :)

It's a sarcas-o-meter!

Advertisement