Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats the story - the Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Parsley wrote: »
    did he just push press 212kg?

I believe so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Parsley wrote: »
    did he just push press 212kg?

2 reds, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 green + collars to me - 195kg?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Mauricmo

From Ironsides facebook page:
    NOTICE TO MEMBERS - We will be closed this Sunday due to the arrival of alot of new equipment that will need to set up, East Coast Barbell are also relocating to Ironside and are moving their equipment into the studio room to set up their new lifting club that day too. Big changes ahead.

:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Hanley wrote: »
    2 reds, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 green + collars to me - 195kg?
    Think it's two baby whites not collars and... errr.... the bar weighs 20

P.s. you're not doing my taxes :P

Mauricmo wrote: »

Yes.

Its gonna be the most hella sweet building in the country.
    You should join.

• Advertisement

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Yes.

Its gonna be the most hella sweet building in the country.
    You should join.

As soon as relocation is sorted and bills are paid, I'm in there like swimwear.

Any details on how this is going to work? All under the same name or 2 separate gyms under the same roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

As soon as relocation is sorted and bills are paid, I'm in there like swimwear.

Any details on how this is going to work? All under the same name or 2 separate gyms under the same roof?

It's two separate gyms under the same roof. Dave from Ironside is on boards so I'm sure he'll be on to explain the exact arrangement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 IronsideGym

Hey,

Barry here from Ironside said i'd just try and clarify what will be going with both parties although. Sami and Wayne will be running East Coast Barbell from the studio room in Ironside which was just never used. It will be used for olympic lifting only and will have 6 purpose built platforms where ECB's lifters will train in oly lifting only. From talking to Sami its going to be some set-up and we cannot wait for it to be done and dusted.

Ironside will be run as normal as a strength and conditioning gym for its members and ECB will operate as a club for its lifters most of which seem to compete talking to Sami. Ironside members and ECB members will all get on like one big happy family as some of our members want to give olympic lifting a good go and no doubt some of ECB's members will never want to give powerlifting a go because they have sense and like their shoulders, hips, knees, backs..... ;)

Looking forward to it big time.

Sounds brilliant, best of luck with the merger.
    I don't think folk in and around blackrock know how lucky they just got.

I hope it all fits though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Any one got any tips for strengthening hip flexors? my right one is acting the kunt lately, making weird noises and really bad pain with overhead squats for some reason.

• Advertisement

jugger0 wrote: »
    Any one got any tips for strengthening hip flexors? my right one is acting the kunt lately, making weird noises and really bad pain with overhead squats for some reason.

What makes you think it needs strengthening?

Could be glute/hip mobility, could be an activation issue etc etc... Chances are if there's acute pain during exercie, it doesn't need to be strengthened!!

Does it hurt squatting normally?!

What makes you think it needs strengthening?

Could be glute/hip mobility, could be an activation issue etc etc... Chances are if there's acute pain during exercie, it doesn't need to be strengthened!!

Does it hurt squatting normally?!

Well i do a lot of glute activation and hip mobility, so i cant imagine it to be caused by either of those.
    Front squats cause a tiny bit of pain,lately it has gone away it just clicks. Back squats caused a lot of pain so i stopped doing them, my form for them was always a bit dodge so they wouldn't be something i would do weekly or even monthly.

Well i do a lot of glute activation and hip mobility, so i cant imagine it to be caused by either of those.
    Front squats cause a tiny bit of pain,lately it has gone away it just clicks. Back squats caused a lot of pain so i stopped doing them, my form for them was always a bit dodge so they wouldn't be something i would do weekly or even monthly.

Tightness - http://www.google.ie/search?q=piriformis+stretch&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1440&bih=689 ?

Get a baseball or similar in at your pirformis - http://www.sports-injury-info.com/image-files/piriformis-muscle.jpg

If it's something like anterior femoral glide, stretching your hip flexors/doing mobility drills may make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Amen to what Hanley said. You def don't want strong hip flexors. Trust me.

Thanks hanley i'll give it a good stretching, why is it only one side tho?
    kevpants wrote: »
    Amen to what Hanley said. You def don't want strong hip flexors. Trust me.

Im guessing the stronger it is the tighter it gets or am i wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

For some reason saw that feed and that it was Raw. Unforatunately not to be! Still, hell of a lot closer than Bray for me. Must check it out once I get my new bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saw a big banner sign up in sandyford saying there was some gymnastics class on. Couldn't make out the name maybe "John's" or something, it didn't appear to be part of any of the gyms there, i.e. had no big crossfit name or anything on it that I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

There's some gymnastics centre right beside Crossfit out in Sandyford. Might have been that.

rubadub wrote: »
    Saw a big banner sign up in sandyford saying there was some gymnastics class on. Couldn't make out the name maybe "John's" or something, it didn't appear to be part of any of the gyms there, i.e. had no big crossfit name or anything on it that I could see.

Trojan?

Trojan?
    I am pretty sure it wasn't them, as they were on my mind when I first saw it.

I will have a better look on the way home.

OT- Some thread mentioning trojan was locked recently, g'em was saying it was getting penis enlargment spam, it could be because trojan are a condom brand!

• Advertisement

It was Janz gymnastics on 3 rock road
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Janz-Gymnastics-Club/209031475802724?sk=wall&filter=12
    Janz Gymnastics Club
    Adult Classes have a new time. Now 8-9.30 pm, every Wednesday evening.
    9 hours ago

Has some pics, a proper high ring setup and trampoline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

rubadub wrote: »
    OT- Some thread mentioning trojan was locked recently, g'em was saying it was getting penis enlargment spam, it could be because trojan are a condom brand!

Ah here, my eyes aren't awake yet and I had to re-read that a number of times to try and figure out why my name and penis were in the same sentence together. It's too early for such confusion!! :o

Thanks hanley i'll give it a good stretching, why is it only one side tho?

How long is a piece of string?

Do you sit perfectly symmetrical, use both hands equally, walk with the exact same gait, maintain the same posture on all exercises etc etc....??

Our daily lives play into imbalances in our bodies. No one's perfectly balanced, and almost everyone has a stronger leg or hand. It all plays a part - all you can do is try to ensure that the differential isn't so big in any one area that it causes issues.
    Im guessing the stronger it is the tighter it gets or am i wrong?

I'm tryna remember what specifically causes muscle tightness and words like "hypertonic" and "trying to protect itself" come into my head but I can't explain.

Largely - injuries tend to happen at end ranges of motion (ie typically full extension). By limiting it's ability to hit that ROM, your body protects itself from possible injury (ie tight hamstrings = danger of tearing, cos once that ROMs exceeded, there's inherent weakness etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Anyone able to tell me how long pullum sports usually take for delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭COH

Molly wrote: »
    Anyone able to tell me how long pullum sports usually take for delivery?

When I ordered I got my stuff in 4 working days

I was just stalking browsing Klokov's facebook page and some of the comments from him are pure gold.
    random fan wrote:
    dimitry how do you get so big?
    Klokov wrote:
    In addition to weightlifting, I go to the gym and do weights and I drink shakes
    I love it. It's that simple.
    Klokov wrote:
    I purposely made the Facebook for people who want to contact me, they could do it from here. Please understand it, if I gave my email, I saturate messages.
    He can saturate my message any day.

Imagery.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

g'em wrote: »

First genuine laugh out loud moment in aaages!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

g'em wrote: »

so you want him to spam you?

strange woman :P

• Advertisement

so you want him to spam you?
    Is that what the youngsters are calling it these days?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement