Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    When did Anna work at Dev's shop :confused:

She got the job ages ago when they had no money, Faye was really angry that she never got to see her and Anna started giving out to her, saying it was all for her. They haven't shown her in there in ages though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

And there was a bit of a subplot where Mary was babysitting Faye while Anna worked and Faye didn't enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Really wanted Tina to find Rita and Tommy in bed together when she went back to the apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

LizT wrote: »
    She got the job ages ago when they had no money, Faye was really angry that she never got to see her and Anna started giving out to her, saying it was all for her. They haven't shown her in there in ages though.

Ok thanks

Dev was very civil and polite to Sunita and Karl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

iguana wrote: »
    And there was a bit of a subplot where Mary was babysitting Faye while Anna worked and Faye didn't enjoy it.

It was like the misery plot, only more low key. I think the writers dont know what to do with Mary. A bit like Roy when he first started. Is she mental? Is she just misunderstood? IMO she really just needs a fella and could probably get one her own age if not younger. Why she hangs around with Norris i don't know. He doesn't even like her.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »

It was like the misery plot, only more low key. I think the writers dont know what to do with Mary. A bit like Roy when he first started. Is she mental? Is she just misunderstood? IMO she really just needs a fella and could probably get one her own age if not younger. Why she hangs around with Norris i don't know. He doesn't even like her.

He pretends not to like her but remember when she said she was leaving, he was quite upset.

He pretends not to like her but remember when she said she was leaving, he was quite upset.

Well which is worse? Hanging around with someone who doesnt like you, or hanging around with someone who pretends they don't like you?

Go get yourself a man Mary. Follow Beths lead, log on, get down and put out.

Well which is worse? Hanging around with someone who doesnt like you, or hanging around with someone who pretends they don't like you?

Go get yourself a man Mary. Follow Beths lead, log on, get down and put out.

PMSL

I go through phases of loving her and hating her. Same with most of the characters in corrie actually.

PMSL

I go through phases of loving her and hating her. Same with most of the characters in corrie actually.

I usually only go off characters when they are being badly written or badly directed

I cant decide whether the actress who plays Kirsty annoys me because of bad direction or if its the actress herself that does the Joey Tribbiani School of Acting "this is me being a bitch face". Case in point:

"This is me in police uniform being a bitch:

previewfile.jpg

"This is me out of uniform and being a bitch"

PreviewFile.jpg.ashx?q=90&v=1&w=640&h=360

"This is me, no longer a police officer, but still a bitch"

Kirstystare.jpg

She also does the "Im being a REAL bitch!", face where she closes her eyes a little, but I couldn't find a picture of it.

All she does is stick out her chin, go a bit breathless and then breathes really deeply.

• Advertisement

All she does is stick out her chin, go a bit breathless and then breathes really deeply.

And stiffens her lip. Now a poor actor would do that at the start but a decent director would say, "Can you give me some other facial expression please?". That she gets let off with it all the time tells me its the direction that's at fault.

That was all very rushed. I can understand he got wound up being the last to find out, and the way Faye(jaysus I hate her!), made it sound it was all set in stone, would irk anyone, but having woken up with out Tina the day before and promised to be better, and then suddenly to be saying "if you do this we are finished", seems very rushed.

And honestly, if I had to be skint and homeless, I'd rather be skint and homeless with Tina than be on my own.

To be fair I can see why Tommy was annoyed and angry at Tina, she didnt even discuss it with him

And Owen knows Tina needs the money so he is kinda pressuring her as well imo, he wasnt happy for Katy to do it but has no problem with Tina doing it

Even Chesney has reservations of Katy doing it so of course Tommy would have also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I usually only go off characters when they are being badly written or badly directed

I cant decide whether the actress who plays Kirsty annoys me because of bad direction or if its the actress herself that does the Joey Tribbiani School of Acting "this is me being a bitch face". Case in point:

"This is me in police uniform being a bitch:

previewfile.jpg

"This is me out of uniform and being a bitch"

PreviewFile.jpg.ashx?q=90&v=1&w=640&h=360

"This is me, no longer a police officer, but still a bitch"

Kirstystare.jpg

She also does the "Im being a REAL bitch!", face where she closes her eyes a little, but I couldn't find a picture of it.

Hahaha! Deadly post:). I don't think she's much of an actress, she's really pantomime. I think a quality actor should show emotion in their eyes without all the exaggerated Rosie Webster style factal expressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Really wanted Tina to find Rita and Tommy in bed together when she went back to the apartment

You sick perv.................................................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Ok thanks

I think he was just trying to get Sunita to work in the shop.

I like the way that Sunita is reduced to buying turkey burgers for the kids but there is plenty of money for a few cans of beer in the fridge. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Ok thanks

had to laugh when Karl offered Dev a can of beer and Dev said no thanks Karl it's a bit early in the day for me:D then when Dev was leaving he said to Karl thank you very much for the offer of a can and Karl had no idea Dev was being patronising:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Really beginning to think it's time for another tram crash. So many unlikeable and uninteresting characters around at the moment. Karl, Sunita, Kirsty, Ryan and the latest waste of space, Gloria.

Sick of her already and despite the different hair and a possible (probable?) face job I keep expecting Jim Royle to pop up saying "Ar, eh Barbs".

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/272859/Coronation-Street-Tina-s-terror/

OWEN Armstrong will threaten Tina McIntyre when she tries to back out of a surrogacy deal.

Fans know the babe, played by Michelle Keegan, 25, inset, has agreed to carry the tot for Owen’s daughter Izzy for cash.

But we can reveal she will change her mind, sparking ugly scenes with Owen (Ian Puleston-Davies, 54).

He threatens to hurt her lover Tommy Duckworth (Chris Fountain, 25) if she doesn’t keep to the deal.

Owen leaves Tina, above, so scared she caves in. Poor Tommy, who has no idea about Owen’s threats, is thrilled Tina has promised to not go through with the pregnancy and turns to Rita Tanner for help.

He tells Rita: “The only drawback is we’re going to have to pay Owen the money back and find somewhere else to live.”

Rita (Barbara Knox, 78) coughs up the cash and tells him: “It’s ridiculous. She’s so young – you both are. You don’t want to be messing up your life.

“You look after that little girl, make her happy and that will be the best investment I’ve ever made.”

But he is devastated when he finds Tina celebrating with Izzy (Cherylee Houston, 36) and her dad.

A show insider said: “Tina goes to the clinic behind his back. He’s distraught, but of course he doesn’t know she’s only doing it to protect him.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Why does everyone want to beat tommy up :D

• Advertisement

To be fair I can see why Tommy was annoyed and angry at Tina, she didnt even discuss it with him

And Owen knows Tina needs the money so he is kinda pressuring her as well imo, he wasnt happy for Katy to do it but has no problem with Tina doing it

Even Chesney has reservations of Katy doing it so of course Tommy would have also

I'm about a day behind. God Tommy got some hammering in Monday nights episode. Everyone was having a go at him. No wonder he wanted to leave. Herself was saying "Why is he so upset, its not like she has to sleep with Gary", but I was saying, Im not sure if he is even aware of that. Tina decided she was doing it without consulting him. He finds out from Faye when its all agreed. No wonder he is pi$$ed. No wonder Rita was pi$$ed either, because Tina went round for her "heart to heart", but forgot to mention that she was planning to do this and that maybe this is why tommy was annoyed.

I still think the storyline is daft. And after Katy deciding she didnt want to do it, its not a million miles away from Eoin saying, "Dont worry love, I'll buy you a mug girl to do the business for you".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I don't now why he wants Tina to do it anyway instead of a mature woman who is mentally prepared to be a surrogate and wants to do it. Getting a neighbour and employee who is desperate for cash, has never had a child and has no idea how pregnancy will effect her, aborted a previous pregnancy (which has the potential to make carrying a child for someone else pretty messy emotionally) and who recently pushed over a heavily pregnant woman endangering the baby rather than a 'professional' surrogate is just stupid. And once the baby is born and Gary and Izzie have custody, not having the surrogate live on their doorstep watching their every move would be a lot more comfortable.

I can't stand kirsty

I bet Owen isn't paying tina half as much as the professionals charge. Plus its someone they know and can control.

I can't stand Gloria either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

What I don't understand is how is Tina and Tommy finding the money to pay them two other knuckle heads?

And yes I too don't like Gloria,(my list is getting longer:p) she is a total snob...."You wouldn't have to serve those" if they won the pub of the year.

Bring Jim Royle back to sort her out.........

"C'mon Barb get a grip"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

jimmyw wrote: »
    What I don't understand is how is Tina and Tommy finding the money to pay them two other knuckle heads?

And yes I too don't like Gloria,(my list is getting longer:p) she is a total snob...."You wouldn't have to serve those" if they won the pub of the year.

Bring Jim Royle back to sort her out.........

"C'mon Barb get a grip"
    I don't like Gloria either but we are all the same when it comes to new characters we don't like them at first, when Stella first came to the street everyone was slagging her accent, now nobody mentions it and maybe we are warming to the characters. I think Gloria will grow on us:eek::D

I like Stella, thought she was a great addition..a bit of glamour at last :D what I didn't like about her was the way she was put in the center of every storyline and everyone's saviour when she was only there 5 mins.

Gloria is a pain. This constant battle between her and Stella is like nails on a blackboard.

I reckon its supposed to he a replacement for deirdre and Blanche. But Blanche wasnt as noisy...she just made her classic digs without once raising her voice :D

I'm sick and tired of Stella constantly telling Gloria to butt out an Gloria ignoring her. It's so boring:rolleyes:...The storyline about the surrogacy is pising me off too. It's pure madness getting a neighbour to do it. Pure stupid:mad:...fuk sake:mad:. Gary and Izzy are really bugging me too. If they're that mad to have a child surely it's worth the risk to Izzy, the doc said that her condition shouldn't cause a problem.

Gary and Izzy are really bugging me too. If they're that mad to have a child surely it's worth the risk to Izzy, the doc said that her condition shouldn't cause a problem.

Because it would be alot of hassle to go through all the emotions. Much better get someone else deal with all the emotions instead.

Eoin et al really have not thought this through. Nor has Tyrone and Kirsty, nor Tommy's ex boss. There is very little stopping Tina changing her mind at the last minute, her and tommy getting into the hippy van(if it is still around), and moving to Spain.

Tyrone is some numpty giving tommy all the hassle about paying back the money, on threat of what? What are you gonna do ty?

Eoin shells out 10k, with 5k to be paid on labour day(for example), ends up with only one grandchild and 10k out of pocket.

If it were me, the only thing stopping me would be the 50/50 chance of spending the rest of my life with a ginger kid. Bleurgh!

...and she irritates me when she cries for some reason. I used to like Gary but his constant pushiness is on the verge of bullying. It's so stupid, they're only together a wet week too and he's only out of the loony bin.

Karl is getting on my nerves so much, what a waste of space sitting there on the sofa like a big ornament with his beer cans and her begging for freebie burgers in her ex's shop for Jaysus sake!!!!

AND Tyrone needs a good hard kick up the árse, letting that mad cow rule the roost. Fuk sake! If she hadn't caused Tommy to lose his jobs and crash they wouldn't be short the money to pay off their friggin' debt:mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

If it were me, the only thing stopping me would be the 50/50 chance of spending the rest of my life with a ginger kid. Bleurgh!

Holy acceptable racism Batman.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement