Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,135 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seen on another board rumours
    of an affair for Tina with Gary or Owen
    :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ann22 wrote: »
    The father was swinging thumps before he'd even worked himself up into a proper temper...

He's just keeping himself in his original character, as the actor playing him played Peter Barlow back in the 80s. And current Peter is pretty quick to throw out a punch too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

I'm certain that the Sinbad/Jerry (??) lookalike playing her old man used to be in Heartbeat. Played a bit of a simple but wily old trickster as far as I can recall.

Isn't the saying "like father/ like son" really apt here , except change it to "like father/ like daughter" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Spot on there Maura !
    http://www.davidlonsdale.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Oh dear god nooooo! Please don't let this happen!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Gary
    hmmmm.....

But
    Owen
    . :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Would you believe
    [I thought I picked up a hint of chemistry between Tina and Owen when they were working together first. I know it's all my overactive imagination and I know it's gross and all but I could see them two at it quicker than her and Gary for some reason./SPOILER]

I had a panic attack there, I forgot to put spoilers on it. Cold sweat there:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 honeybunny1984

Kirsty's Ma should've stayed put with Tyrone and the baby... in an ideal world he's kick Kirsty out and she's have to move back in with her ol' fella, the pair could beat the living sh*te out of each other to their hearts content.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Why do Corrie cast kids who look as old as their parent(s) first Ryan and now Lloyd's daughter :rolleyes:

She looks late 20's to me which is what she is supposed to be. Lloyd just looks youngish for this age, the actor is 48 in real life, and in the soap as well so it works for me. I have to say though that I really like Lloyd's charachter and I think Craig Charles is an excellent actor in the role. His "daughter" is potentially a good actor as well.
    Kirsty's Ma should've stayed put with Tyrone and the baby... in an ideal world he's kick Kirsty out and she's have to move back in with her ol' fella, the pair could beat the living sh*te out of each other to their hearts content.

Tyrone should have thrown him out as soon as Kirsty had the kid back in her arms, or at the very least called the cops. Instead he gives him a [say this in your best Corrie accent] "Nice cup of tea". Incidentally people are complaining about pronunciations, it's just the dialect they speak in that area, if anything the Manc accents in Corrie are really toned down.

Apart from all that, the fact that Kirsty's mother is so submissive is very typical of people in abusive relationships, her father is a total control freak which is symptomatic too. It's a storyline that I genuinely hope Corrie develops properly and I hope they let it run for some time as it's very relevant for a lot of people. My mother counselled women who were victims of domestic abuse for years, and some of the stuff she heard was mind boggling.

I just hope the story is dealt with properly and doesn't end out with some short term headline grabbing story of her mother or father dying in some bizarre accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Why do Corrie cast kids who look as old as their parent(s) first Ryan and now Lloyd's daughter :rolleyes:

Everytime I see Lloyd and his daughter I think he is going to lean in and kiss her. Shes much closer to his type than her Mum is.

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    Would you believe
    [I thought I picked up a hint of chemistry between Tina and Owen when they were working together first. I know it's all my overactive imagination and I know it's gross and all but I could see them two at it quicker than her and Gary for some reason./SPOILER]

I had a panic attack there, I forgot to put spoilers on it. Cold sweat there:o.
    Ann, Your spoiler tags arent working.

I also noticed a bit of chemisrty between and could easily see them getting it on. I could also see her, what will all the hormones she is taking, getting pregnant with his baby, and keeping it and carrying it and them pretending its Izzie and Garys baby. To make it even more soap like, I can then see Owen refusing to pay her the 15k because she isnt a surrogate any more, and it getting out that she is carrying his baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

syklops wrote: »

I also noticed a bit of chemisrty between and could easily see them getting it on. I could also see her, what will all the hormones she is taking, getting pregnant with his baby, and keeping it and carrying it and them pretending its Izzie and Garys baby. To make it even more soap like, I can then see Owen refusing to pay her the 15k because she isnt a surrogate any more, and it getting out that she is carrying his baby.

you should become a script writer! :D that is a drama i'd like to see unfold, they are all such good characters to pull it off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Mary thinks she bears a resemblance to Audrey Hepburn.....I love Mary!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

What a conniving bitch Kirsty is.She has got him over a barrel, again and will use this against him when she wants her own way in the future.

I would love to know the legal implications of this, and can she do it legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

jimmyw wrote: »
    What a conniving bitch Kirsty is.She has got him over a barrel, again and will use this against him when she wants her own way in the future.

I would love to know the legal implications of this, and can she do it legally.
    me too it would be very interesting to know would he have a leg to stand on, I guess not:( is he just going to carry on playing happy familys and sleep in the same bed as her? :eek: if were me i'd be on the sofa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Skylops I don't know what was going on with my spoilers! I forgot them but deleted my post and reposted it with the spoilers added...:confused:

Tyrone should be photographing his wounds and reporting them to the cops, then speak to a social worker about the situation, surely there can be a court order for a dna test. She could do a runner I suppose before he gets a chance. What was the point of bringing her ma and da into it btw? I thought they were trying to excuse her violent behaviour by introducing her mad dad and maybe humanise her a bit but they're continuing to show her in a bad light so maybe they'll be back for some other reason, maybe the dad will appear back and strangle her:)....nice one.

So now Fiz and Tina and Tommy all know Kristy batters Tyrone surely one of them should tell the police as his friends

The scenes with Maria were awfully brutal that one who plays Maria cant act

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

So now Fiz and Tina and Tommy all know Kristy batters Tyrone surely one of them should tell the police as his friends

The scenes with Maria were awfully brutal that one who plays Maria cant act

But we did get to see some lovely close ups of her moustache! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'm guessing it wont be long until Kirsty turns her anger on herself (if you know what I mean)...

Chucken wrote: »
    I'm guessing it wont be long until Kirsty turns her anger on herself (if you know what I mean)...

No, What do you mean?
    Rasheed wrote:
    Something about Mary

Do you call yourself Rasheed after Deirdres turkish lover?
    you should become a script writer! that is a drama i'd like to see unfold, they are all such good characters to pull it off!

Thanks, I might actually send it into them, but they've probably already filmed it. Plus its a bit more days of our lives, rather than corrie.
    But we did get to see some lovely close ups

I am going to stop you there and say ! cant wait to get home to watch last nights corrie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

syklops wrote: »

Do you call yourself Rasheed after Deirdres turkish lover?

Yes, the very man. Lucky fella, she's a beaut.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

@Skylops..I mean Kirsty may self harm.

Na Fiz will be her next feud

I cant see them playing nice working together considering Fiz knows what she did

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus, Kirsty is a piece of work!:mad: Poor Tyrone! Can't wait till she gets her comeuppance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'd love for Kirsty to be written out. Not looking likely though. Obviously it's all going to come out soon though.

I highly doubt it. Abusers have very different personalities to self harmers. They are actually the opposite end of the spectrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I have to say, the kirsty/tyrone story is starting to intrigue me now. Particularly if they're gone do a whole underhanded tryna gain her trust while secretly planning to get one of those parental declaration things!

Though I have to say it seems to be another corrie legal fairytale. I'm sure tyrone court get a court order forcing her to consent to w dna test.

In the meantime it's boot her out and say fine! You say I'm not the dad, I ain't paying maintenance. She's no job, no income, no home what's she gonna do?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I don't think it's possible to get a court order to force someone to do a DNA test, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I have to say, the kirsty/tyrone story is starting to intrigue me now. Particularly if they're gone do a whole underhanded tryna gain her trust while secretly planning to get one of those parental declaration things!

Though I have to say it seems to be another corrie legal fairytale. I'm sure tyrone court get a court order forcing her to consent to w dna test.

In the meantime it's boot her out and say fine! You say I'm not the dad, I ain't paying maintenance. She's no job, no income, no home what's she gonna do?

She has a job again at the knicker factory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

There must be some one who's tried it. I know fathers in the UK have little rights, but surely trying to discover if the our is yours is possible?

She packs boxes in a knicker factory, hardly financial job of the year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement