Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

A surrogate to her own grandchild? That is too weird. Even by Coronation Street standards.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Please please dont have any more crying scenes with izzy:eek: she looks so ugly when she cries :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

A surrogate to her own grandchild? That is too weird. Even by Coronation Street standards.

That's not weird at all. A huge amount of surrogates are the aunt or grandmother of the child. They are usually the first people to be considered. Your own mother is highly unlikely to decide to keep the baby for herself and break her child's heart. And she isn't likely to charge a lot for expenses.

From her point of view she gets to fix a terrible hurt her child is suffering, ensure that she has a grandchild (a big deal to many women of that age) and she will always have a very special place in the child's life as grandmother so carrying the baby for someone else is not going to be as emotionally traumatic as grandmothers are 'supposed' to love their grandchildren deeply one way or the other.

Perhaps the reason Anna can't be a surrogate has to do with why she only ever had Gary, even though she clearly wanted more children? Was it ever mentioned during her adoption storyline that she had fertility problems that would exclude her from carrying to term?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

So...when is Krazy Kirsty going to start beating the crap out of hapless Tyrone again?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You would hear of it tbh so not so strange but as said above by Iguana maybe Anna cant have anymore kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

It's happened quite a few times. :)

Radha Patel

Kristine Casey

Linda Sirois

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

Finally caught up on corrie today!! Glad to see kirsty delivered the baby exceptionally fast (like in all soaps :rolleyes:) and since when is marcus a midwife????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

littlelulu wrote: »
    Finally caught up on corrie today!! Glad to see kirsty delivered the baby exceptionally fast (like in all soaps :rolleyes:) and since when is marcus a midwife????

Yes that's what the characters day job is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Since he first appeared on the cobbles ;)

Its all lies :D I just always assumed he was a general nurse. However, now that I think of it, i do remember him meeting with Kirsty for her check up a few weeks back!! It all makes sense now :P

• Advertisement

Its all lies :D I just always assumed he was a general nurse. However, now that I think of it, i do remember him meeting with Kirsty for her check up a few weeks back!! It all makes sense now :P

You may also remember a while back Sean accused him of having an affair with that other fella (forget his name) at the hospital and had a row and nearly got him sacked.

jimmyw wrote: »
    You may also remember a while back Sean accused him of having an affair with that other fella (forget his name) at the hospital and had a row and nearly got him sacked.

is it aidan?? yeah i knew he worked in the hospital, just didnt realise he was a midwife :D

That could be him.Trust boards to keep us all informed about everthing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i like kirsty. cos im bord to tears with the other lot, the way she gets away with stuff like with tina goading her bout tomy and the pizza.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Tommy the big man with ultimatums...if he breaks up with tina its problem solved. It's him that owes the money to his job and to tyrone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Tommy the big man with ultimatums...if he breaks up with tina its problem solved. It's him that owes the money to his job and to tyrone!

That was all very rushed. I can understand he got wound up being the last to find out, and the way Faye(jaysus I hate her!), made it sound it was all set in stone, would irk anyone, but having woken up with out Tina the day before and promised to be better, and then suddenly to be saying "if you do this we are finished", seems very rushed.

And honestly, if I had to be skint and homeless, I'd rather be skint and homeless with Tina than be on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Anyone else think Kirsty was so out of line for suggesting they spend the money from the neighbours on drink in the rovers? I know she was only doing it to annoy tommy but it was so stupid.

LizT wrote: »
    Anyone else think Kirsty was so out of line for suggesting they spend the money from the neighbours on drink in the rovers? I know she was only doing it to annoy tommy but it was so stupid.

Having had Tyrone go on about baby monitors all day long, you'd think she'd be delighted to let him go and buy them just to shut him up. You'd also think she would want to know how much was in it, before she told Tyrone to go and spend it in the pub. Knowing the high he has been on he would spend it all, and for all she knew there could have been some serious money in there.

Anyone taking odds on how long it will be until we see Lloyds ex appear on the cobbles? it won't be another 30 years, I can be sure of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

syklops wrote: »
    Anyone taking odds on how long it will be until we see Lloyds ex appear on the cobbles? it won't be another 30 years, I can be sure of that.

I reckon the ex has a kid and it turns out to be Lloyd's.

jos28 wrote: »

Same here. Thats why she suddenly got all secretive about him coming in for a drink.

She and he had an affair years back while she was married, and the kid is his.

No offence to the actress but she is a bit of a step down from Cheryl isnt she?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

jos28 wrote: »

Think you might be talking about Jenna who is 28 when he calls over to visit the house. Yes he is the father.

Coronation Street star Paula Lane has confirmed that there are "heart-wrenching" scenes ahead for her character Kylie Platt.

Last month, show producer Phil Collinson told Digital Spy that the feisty character will feature in a big storyline beginning this Christmas, teasing that the plot will involve "a dark secret that could blow the Platts apart".

Lane has now told the Daily Star of her alter ego's future: "I can't say much, but viewers will see Kylie is trying to up her game in the world.

"You'll see some heart-wrenching scenes. She spills out her emotions to Gail, the only mother figure she's ever had."

Lane is thought to be contracted with Coronation Street until next summer, with the possibility of an even longer stint beyond that.

The actress added that she likes to separate herself from Kylie as much as possible, explaining: "I love keeping it like that. I got in a taxi the other day and the driver was like, 'You're not her - she's a right madam!'

"It plays havoc with my wardrobe, though. Sometimes I'm like, 'Ooh, I like that, but it's a bit Kylie-ish'. You constantly have to question yourself."

Lane joined Coronation Street in summer 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

where does Tommy live- the stone age???

efb wrote: »
    where does Tommy live- the stone age???

Tina should just tell him to fúck off. The debts are all his. He went into business with his clearly dodgy dad. He gave him all his own money and lost it. After that he borrowed money from Tyrone knowing he would struggle to pay it back. He let Terry run away with the money even though he could have stopped them. He decided to take the pizza van to his other job knowing it was uninsured for personal use (I know Kirsty made him late but he could have taken a cab rather than driven illegally).

Tina can be a right pita most of the time but none of those debts are hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Beth's internet date was hilariously awful; loved Kirk coming to the rescue.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Owen is a prick - "If you can't control your missus, don't expect me to" :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

These scenes with tommy are a bit funny...I wonder were they added afterwards. Were him and Rita ever close? Imagine her just popping into the flat and then saying he's bad mannered!

Complete character assassination of Rita. Have any of these writers ever watched an episode of Coronation St? No way on earth would the woman I've seen on that show all of my life react like that to the surrogacy. The way she spoke about Gary and Izzie. It's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

B'aaaaaaaaaaw :o

• Advertisement

When did Anna work at Dev's shop :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement