Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Corrie on at 7 for an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Tracey looking well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Oh Lord :rolleyes:

Yet Again a birth in a soap with all the neighbours looking on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

It's pure comedy tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Tracey looking well.

:eek::eek: Tracey never looks well. I felt so sorry for Tina tonight, it's all getting on top of her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Feck it..I thought Kirsty was dead when Tyrone was chatting to the baba.

Am I terrible for going "Yay" :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I laughed...is it all cleaned up back there? Yeah I just threw the towels in the wheelie bin! :D that's alright then ;)

The whole fight thing was a bit odd. I didn't know who was pushing what till she landed on the chair.

casio4 wrote: »
    :eek::eek: I felt so sorry for Tina tonight, it's all getting on top of her

But like characters in other soaps, she can be her own worst enemy at times. Always wading in with all guns blazing, shouting and screaming all over the place instead of being a bit calm. She might get some kind of result that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Corrie on at 7 for an hour

Damn missed it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Selandia

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Damn missed it :(

Yay for TV3 Player!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

How much longer do we have to put up with Kirsty for???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm still watching tonight's episode and I'm going mental:(...why in the name of fcuk doesn't Tina tell the whole freakin' country about Kirsty battering Tyrone..or Rita at the very least, ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

:eek:
    TINA and Tommy's relationship hits the rocks after she agrees to be a surrogate to pay off their debts, and carry Izzy and Gary's baby for cash.
    A furious Tommy can't understand how she could have someone else's child, when Tina says she isn't ready to have a baby with him.
    Although she tries to reassure him, Tommy argues that selling her body isn't the answer and threatens to leave Tina and Weatherfield for good.
    Michelle Keegan, who plays Tina, said: "It's the biggest storyline for Tina yet, expect lots of juicy twists and turns to come."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Ann22 wrote: »
    I'm still watching tonight's episode and I'm going mental:(...why in the name of fcuk doesn't Tina tell the whole freakin' country about Kirsty battering Tyrone..or Rita at the very least, ffs!!!

Tommy told everyone in the pub a week or two ago, thing is not everyone believed him.

In return Tyrone told the pub that Tommy used the garage for hiding drugs in cars. It's why Tommy got sacked and why the whole thing between Tommy, Tina, Tyrone and Kirsty escalated. Tina mentioned it as well last night just before she pushed Kirsty in the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Chucken wrote: »
    Feck it..I thought Kirsty was dead when Tyrone was chatting to the baba.

Am I terrible for going "Yay" :o

We did the same. Herself goes "Is she dead?", I was about to put the champagne on ice, and then she twitched. :mad:
    Yet Again a birth in a soap with all the neighbours looking on

I said this to herself last night. It might be plausible in Emmerdale that an ambulance would take a while to get to the scene living in the middle of Yorkshire. But in the middle of Manchester city FFS!
    TINA and Tommy's relationship hits the rocks after she agrees to be a surrogate to pay off their debts, and carry Izzy and Gary's baby for cash.
    A furious Tommy can't understand how she could have someone else's child, when Tina says she isn't ready to have a baby with him.
    Although she tries to reassure him, Tommy argues that selling her body isn't the answer and threatens to leave Tina and Weatherfield for good.
    Michelle Keegan, who plays Tina, said: "It's the biggest storyline for Tina yet, expect lots of juicy twists and turns to come."

I heard of that already and its ridiculous. Its history repeating itself since Terry sold Tommy to the Marsdens(?), the ones in Blackpool. He originally offered him to Jack and Vera, but if I remember correctly, they couldn't get enough cash together in time. And if I am not mistaken, this is not the third but the fourth time a baby will be 'sold' on corrie. The other times were when Tracy tried to sell Amy to Roy and Haley, and when Judy and Gary Mallet bought Zoes baby from her. Only to have Nick and Leanne stick their oar in.

Hardly a new story now is it? Have they done all the other possible stories? Whats happening with Sophie and her heroin addiction? Is Stellas mother and Ken going to get it on? Is Gary going to sleep with Tina as a cheap way to get her pregnant? Wasn't that story line done in Emmerdale recently? I don't watch Emmerdale anymore, but my parents do and I seem to remember something like that last time i was home.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

syklops wrote: »
    I heard of that already and its ridiculous. Its history repeating itself since Terry sold Tommy to the Marsdens(?), the ones in Blackpool. He originally offered him to Jack and Vera, but if I remember correctly, they couldn't get enough cash together in time. And if I am not mistaken, this is not the third but the fourth time a baby will be 'sold' on corrie. The other times were when Tracy tried to sell Amy to Roy and Haley, and when Judy and Gary Mallet bought Zoes baby from her. Only to have Nick and Leanne stick their oar in.

Hardly a new story now is it? Have they done all the other possible stories?

This story isn't the same as any of those stories as those were all about children being sold by their biological parents. This is a story about someone agreeing to be a surrogate to an unrelated child to help parents who (sort of) have fertility issues. There are many reasons that this story is off the wall stupid but it's not a rethread of old stories at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I think Corrie made a mistake in casting Sol Heras as Ryan. He looks his real age (25) and the story with him as a toy boy with a 35 year old "cougar" isn't really believable. The old baby faced Ryan maybe but not the new one, Ryan and Tracy look near enough the same age.

bijapos wrote: »
    I think Corrie made a mistake in casting Sol Heras as Ryan. He looks his real age (25) and the story with him as a toy boy with a 35 year old "cougar" isn't really believable. The old baby faced Ryan maybe but not the new one, Ryan and Tracy look near enough the same age.

He looks even older than his real age of 25

Never ceases to amaze me how many people can sit around a tiny dining table! Always the same in soaps :rolleyes:

Stuffed marrows...sounds disgusting to me :P

Why do they always call dessert "pudding"??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

it was a bit silly to have us believe Ken was sulking upstairs but I had to laugh when Deirdre was talking about Samir her toyboy and said Tracey has one of his kidneys :D she has never hidden the fact that Samir was the love of her life even when Ken is in the room that's why I think it would have been funnier if Ken was in the room:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I like Gary and Izzie together :)

I really like Gary and Izzy as a couple, the actor and actress work well together

I have to laugh at Sean going on about Betty's housepot being sacred to the pub yet he left with the receipe for Nick's bistro

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Tommy told everyone in the pub a week or two ago, thing is not everyone believed him.

In return Tyrone told the pub that Tommy used the garage for hiding drugs in cars. It's why Tommy got sacked and why the whole thing between Tommy, Tina, Tyrone and Kirsty escalated. Tina mentioned it as well last night just before she pushed Kirsty in the pub.

But surely if she sat down calmly and told Rita the whole story, about the bruises and all she'd believe her?? She knows Tina well enough by now to trust that she's not a liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Rita has been so weird with Tina recently! One minute she washes her hands of her and the next she's telling her to stay the night with her :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

LizT wrote: »
    Rita has been so weird with Tina recently! One minute she washes her hands of her and the next she's telling her to stay the night with her :confused:

Future story- Rita and Tina get it on!!!!:p:p:p:p:p

Yes, plus 1. Baby faced, looks about 14, "Emo" Ryan kissing Tracey would look so wrong that you would feel Michelle's nausea. The new Ryan looks about 25 and its totally believable that he would get it on with Tracey. As much as I hate Tracey, I am slightly envious of him. I bet she is filthy in bed.

Future story- Rita and Tina get it on!!!!:p:p:p:p:p

You'd wonder what Rita and Tina talk about once that door is shut. What have they got in common? "Guess what silly old Norris said today".

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Wilde86

That Kirsty one really irks me.
    I'm all for an evil/ mean character in a show to stir up some drama but she is just so annoying.
    Maybe it's the way the actress plays her. It's always the same; chin in the air, a mad stare, a breathy remark or else just a crazy shrieking outburst.
    Grrr... okay rant over.

Couldnt Anna be a surrogate or is she past it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Couldnt Anna be a surrogate or is she past it?

A surrogate to her own grandchild? That is too weird. Even by Coronation Street standards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement