Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Can we start a petition to get rid of Sean? He's so annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

iguana wrote: »
    That's not editing. It's a production error due to how the scenes were shot. An editor can't work with scenes they haven't got.

Ooooh, sorrrrraaaayyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

That's not editing. It's a production error due to how the scenes were shot. An editor can't work with scenes they haven't got.
    isn't there a continuity person there to make sure things are the same from scene to scene? there are lots of errors all the time in programes and films

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

casio4 wrote: »
    isn't there a continuity person there to make sure things are the same from scene to scene? there are lots of errors all the time in programes and films

Yup, that's who should have been making sure that Cotton's haircut wasn't evident in an earlier scene than ones with his hair being longer. It could also be Cotton's fault for not okaying the haircut before he got it. But realistically Corrie is a 5 episode a week soap with a very intense filming schedule, so it's possible that someone higher up like the director/producer thought it wasn't worth re-arranging anyone's schedule. Though for an episode which centres on the character in question it can be jarring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

lizt wrote: »
    Can we start a petition to get rid of Sean? He's so annoying!!

One of the most irritating characters in soap land IMO . I found tonight's episode particularly cringeworthy...:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

It's about time for some fresh gay blood in Corrie, so sick of Sean.

Would love to have seen Mary stalking Norris to salsa.
    Interesting Mary/Roy affair:p
    (How long has Hayley been doing salsa, and we've never seen her dancing).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Just watched tonight's episodes. The rat in the pub story was imo clearly a way for Eva and Sunita to make friends and to 'forget' all about Eva's hold over her. It was daft anyway for the rat to suddenly appear on the bar in the same spot twice in one night...for Jaysus sake:rolleyes:..

Don't even start me on Sean..he always gets on my nerves...him and his silly shiny red facedness:rolleyes:. What an stupid scene-him barging into the hospital.. Nobody in their right mind would do that:mad:. Marcus is such a nice chap, no way should Sean have accused him of being unfaithful and even worse, of lying about it. They should've wrote Sean out of the show and kept Marcus:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Rat storyline was recycled from Fawlty Towers:

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

;)[/QUOTE]

No....no! Eez a hamster Meester Fawlty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

• Advertisement

Kirk hasn't been in it for ages! Wonder what's up with him.

Lloyd didn't take that long of a break.

Kirk hasn't been in it for ages! Wonder what's up with him.

Last night Maria said he is visiting their parents in Cyprus so Marcus can have his room. He must have just gone yesterday though, as Marcus had to sleep on her little couch the night before.

Last night Maria said he is visiting their parents in Cyprus so Marcus can have his room. He must have just gone yesterday though, as Marcus had to sleep on her little couch the night before.

He always seems to be out with Liam or walking the dog....

He always seems to be out with Liam or walking the dog....

Or babysitting Liam so Maria can have an unhampered social life.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,553 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    Did anyone see Sean had a haircut in the pub scene. And then seconds later in the house, his hair hair was longer again. Poor editing.

Yes noticed that too

I dont know how anyone puts up with Sean so bloody annoying

I just don't understand what a nice, mature guy like Marcus ever saw in Sean in the first place. Especially to move back from London just to be with him. It also pissed me off that Sean's main concern was 'now I'll be all alone and no-one will want me' not 'I love Marcus so much, I'll miss him.'

That said I don't know why the pregnant woman got in such a big huff that she stormed off. All Sean saw was her belly. If the tantrum throwing partner of my midwife came storming into the exam room just as I was about to have an abdominal scan I'd be a mix of sympathetic toward the midwife and amused at the situation. I wouldn't have a huff about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I really need a Kirk:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Am i the only one who was touched by Marcus and Sean splitting up? Thought it was very heartbreaking tbh, well acted as well, especially the scenes when they were alone in Eileen's house.

I thought it was Liam who had to babysit Kirk! :)

In other news it seems the Shobna Gulati, the actress who plays Sunita has won Rear of the Year 2012. Well done to her I say, seems Karl constantly grabbing and massaging her buttocks has finally paid off.

shobna-gulati-wizard-jeans-rear-of-the_3966313.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

WEll done to Shobna Gulat indeed, she really has vamped up her image in the last while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Did anyone notice Kevin's voice changing tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

fifi234ie wrote: »

Sounded like a sore throat , a more convincing illness than Fizz , Chesney and whatever his girlfriend is called

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

fifi234ie wrote: »

Yes, in the street, then getting better (in Steve's house), then getting croaky again (in Streetcars). :D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

So Marcus is now 'camping' at Maria's.

Do you think she'll turn him? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I haven't seen Coro St in a while. I watched 3 episodes last week (part of the omnibus edition). Nothing happened!

Nick's Story (Not in order)

Gail drinks at the bistro after work. Nick tells his ex-girlfriend (Eva) that they will not get back together. She quits her job at the bistro, as she cannot bare this rejection from Nick. Nick owns/manages the bistro. Audrey tells Nick that he should think about telling Leanne about his love for her, meanwhile his Eva is over with her mother (Stella) and sister (Leanne) crying over Nick. Later, Nick arrives into the Rovers and tells Leanne that he loves her, only to have Eva walk in as he tells Leanne. Leanne then has to move out of The Rovers as Eva insists she cannot live in the same house as Leanne.

Eva bullies Sunita, who might be having an affair with Stella's Boyfriend. Dev arrives into the rovers with a wedding magizine, Sunita tells him to leave until after work as a Drunk Eva is told to shut up by both Sunita and Stella's Boyfriend.

Norris' Story

You'd wonder what the point was of this story over the 3 episode. Norris goes dancing with his shop assistant girlfriend.

Sean's Story

Sean and his boyfriend plan a night out, only to be interrupted by his boyfriend's new friend who has just "come out" to his family. Eileen talks to her boyfriend about work!

In fairness to the actors they had little to work with, the story-lines could have been plucked from any soap opera and just set in Weatherfield. There was no sense that this was Coronation Street.

I also have to say I did just happen upon the show and like most soaps it could just be in a phase of bad story-lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

oh please sean go go go:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,553 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anyone else think it's funny how Kylie and David were mad to buy Eileen's house, had secured a mortgage and were raging when it fell through yet they haven't put an offer in on Steve's house :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Anyone else think it's funny how Kylie and David were mad to buy Eileen's house, had secured a mortgage and were raging when it fell through yet they haven't put an offer in on Steve's house :confused:

No 1. Your a genius because i honestly completely forgot about them going for that house- obviously corries so good that i forgot about them (which i think what its aiming for tbh )

no. 2. must have been a big diff in asking price- kevin does have a lotto win and a business under his ass- as apposed to two 21 year olds with a 6 year old and a criminal record living with the husbands mam!!

just sayin...

maybe steve has not been announcing that he is selling up- no for sale sign seemed to go up-where as eileens went up and blocked poor norris flowers :):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Did David and Kylie try to buy Eileen's house before or after the business row with Audrey? Because if it was before David owned a steady business, the premises and the flat Maria lives in. He would probably have been able to get a mortgage easily enough. But since then he's signed it back over to Audrey so wouldn't have a hope of getting a big enough loan.

• Advertisement

Coronation Street's Katy Armstrong will offer to become a surrogate mother for her disabled sister Izzy in an upcoming storyline, a report has claimed.

The teenage mum-of-one makes the suggestion later this year, sparking disapproval from her strict father Owen, according to The Sun.

Coronation Street cast and crew have been spotted filming scenes on location which apparently show Owen (Ian Puleston-Davies) attacking Izzy's boyfriend Gary (Mikey North) after hearing about the idea.

It is currently unknown whether Katy (Georgia May Foote) and Izzy (Cherylee Houston) will go ahead with the plan, or if Owen's disapproval will deter them.

The plot rumours are also likely to spark speculation about a possible sad outcome to Izzy's current pregnancy story. Tonight's episode sees the feisty factory worker begin to share the news that she is expecting a baby.

link

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement