Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

lizt wrote: »
    Eva was about to pop out of her dress tonight, it's ridiculous the way they dress her!

It was at least two sizes too small for her and gave her 4 boobs. In the last couple of scenes when she was at the jukebox when her full body was visible it looked like it was cutting off the blood supply to her hips.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So Peter thinks having another baby with Carla will make up for him giving up Simon thank god Carla said no

Dev is an idiot he should have kicked out Sunita

Stella's acting was brutal last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

that stella is (pardon my language) SOME SPA!!!!

One minute its "Carl your out", then its "Oh suinita lets have a double wedding"

UGH !!!!!!

Some ceann on suinita when eva cornered her:D

Did anyone else notice the stomach on carla in the black dress in the flat when she walked towards peter from the side. is the actor pregnant??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

lizt wrote: »
    Eva was about to pop out of her dress tonight, it's ridiculous the way they dress her!

She's so annoying. I did laugh when she said she needed a hug and Nick just responded "Go after Jason" :P:P

when is the repeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Has anyone seen the pics of Eva before she started Coronation Street ?
    She was a size 22

Image_2_for_people_pix_22_04_2012_gallery_864939604.jpg

• Advertisement

Was that before or after she was Sunita's midwife in '06 as she was slim then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Not sure , plenty of articles about her losing four stone but none say how long ago it was

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

that stella is (pardon my language) SOME SPA!!!!

One minute its "Carl your out", then its "Oh suinita lets have a double wedding"

UGH !!!!!!

Some ceann on suinita when eva cornered her:D

Did anyone else notice the stomach on carla in the black dress in the flat when she walked towards peter from the side. is the actor pregnant??

yes i noticed it too she looked pregnant ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Carla always wears big baggy tops maybe off the shoulder but never figure hugging. I wonder if she has a quare shape? Perhaps she's a horse of a woman and they don't want us to know. She's very good looking so it's odd that they don't dress her up in some slinky dresses sometimes as they do Maria and Michelle. We got a very quick flash of her in the black dress the other night.
    Anyone else remember when she was in it before, briefly playing a married woman Jason was goosing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Perhaps she's a horse of a woman

Ann, you have a such an elegant turn of phrase :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

The best looking horse I've ever seen!

karla+corronation+street.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

mb1725 wrote: »
    The best looking horse I've ever seen!

karla+corronation+street.jpg

Christ there's some amount of weirdo looking people at those railings

efb wrote: »
    Christ there's some amount of weirdo looking people at those railings
    Hahahahaha! Yeah...look at the heads on them. They probably belong to Stalkers United.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Fair play to Leanne for telling Eva a few home truths, all very much too true:p.

She is one annoying b***h.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Eva is some twit alright, But Sunita is starting to sweat Id say

Edit.... Jebus, that yoke Stella is the Queen twit

Sean, our table will be gone
    Marcus, eat a biscuit... LOLZ

I nearly cheered when Nick yelled at Stella to mind her own business. I'm surprised she doesn't hear it 10 times a day with the way she goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

So let me get this straight:

Leanne takes Simon (whom she has been a mother to for just over a year) away from his father to give him some stability yet throws herself at her ex with every intention of moving in with him straight away.

She also moves him out because there is too much alcohol around Simon in Peter's house yet moves him into a pub and continually drinks in front of him, she seems to be at the bat every night.

She won't let Peter take him for a burger at 6 p.m because it's a school night yet takes him into the Bistro in the evening, feeding him a pile of sugar before he goes to bed and drinks again in front of him.

That's well screwed up, she has her principles all over the place, and no court in the UK would give her any form of custody right now. Just lost a fair bit of respect for her again tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

bijapos wrote: »
    So let me get this straight:

Leanne takes Simon (whom she has been a mother to for just over a year) away from his father to give him some stability yet throws herself at her ex with every intention of moving in with him straight away.

She also moves him out because there is too much alcohol around Simon in Peter's house yet moves him into a pub and continually drinks in front of him, she seems to be at the bat every night.

She won't let Peter take him for a burger at 6 p.m because it's a school night yet takes him into the Bistro in the evening, feeding him a pile of sugar before he goes to bed and drinks again in front of him.

That's well screwed up, she has her principles all over the place, and no court in the UK would give her any form of custody right now. Just lost a fair bit of respect for her again tonight.

i agree with you 100%

i was wondering the same myself,

not to mention it seems in upcoming episodes
    Simon and Nick develop a father/son relationship and Simon asks Nick to his school sports day???

he gave Carla so much grief because he wanted his 'real mum' and Peter and Leanne back together and now he's suddenly accepting of Leanne's new partner and replacing his 'real dad' with him???

Peter gave Simon to Leanne after Simon said he prefer to live with her

I think the writers have had to alter their planned story as the actors playing Peter and Carla both wanted to take extended breaks. Afaik, they'll be off our screens in the next few weeks and will be gone until Christmas.

Did anyone else last night think Leanne's top was beyond horrible. The material and shape of it was like something one of my grandmother's used to wear in the 80s and the sequins in patches all over it did not make it look more fashionable.

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i agree with you 100%

i was wondering the same myself,

not to mention it seems in upcoming episodes
    Simon and Nick develop a father/son relationship and Simon asks Nick to his school sports day???

he gave Carla so much grief because he wanted his 'real mum' and Peter and Leanne back together and now he's suddenly accepting of Leanne's new partner and replacing his 'real dad' with him???

I suppose maybe Nick has a better way with kids than Carla and also, I think Simon realises that it was Carla that split their home up. If it was Nick that moved in and Peter moved out I'm sure he would've resented Nick just as much at first.

Leanne is just settling for Nick there is no chemistry with them she knows he will love her and Simon and provide a stable home for Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭siobhanod93

I thought Leanne and Peter were a terrible couple! I think it is so nice that they are putting teenage sweethearts back together again!

I think Simon hates Carla anyway for breaking up the family and she doesn't have a good bond with kids

I thought Leanne and Peter were a terrible couple! I think it is so nice that they are putting teenage sweethearts back together again!

I think Simon hates Carla anyway for breaking up the family and she doesn't have a good bond with kids

But this Nick looks as old as Les Battersby :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

Ann22 wrote: »
    Hahahahaha! Yeah...look at the heads on them. They probably belong to Stalkers United.

Yes... Take away the cameras etc. and it could be a scene from something like Night of the Living Dead or such like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

"the only thing I spooned last night was Liam's Tickle me Elmo" :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh my god Sean tonight - seriously, talk about over the top! Barging in on the pregnant woman! Ridiculous in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

"Is that a rat?"
    "No, it's his mother" :p They were on fire tonight...

Sean is getting seriously whiney and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Did anyone see Sean had a haircut in the pub scene. And then seconds later in the house, his hair hair was longer again. Poor editing.

• Advertisement

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    Did anyone see Sean had a haircut in the pub scene. And then seconds later in the house, his hair hair was longer again. Poor editing.

That's not editing. It's a production error due to how the scenes were shot. An editor can't work with scenes they haven't got.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement