Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Leanne and Nick are wrong IMO in this situation.They cant just run away, Peter has rights.I am on Peters side, though he shouldn't be taken it out on Carla.He should consult the police or a solicitor now.

Owen is a bloody dinosaur:rolleyes:. and Rob is.................. a little spikey?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

When Anna and Tracey were talking in the cafe I couldn't help but wonder if Anna knows that Tracey murdered her boyfriend in her livingroom. Or that shortly before that a previous occupant committed suicide in that livingroom because she couldn't deal with having murdered her father. And that back before that the original owner was killed in a fight, in the livingroom.

I'm not squeamish or superstitious but I don't think I could live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭washiskin

I never thought I'd say this....but I think I hate Corrie :(:(:(:(
    I used to live for his show and now......it's been written into the ground by talentless writers and and cheapened by third rate actors. It feels like the sad, slow demise of a once great institution.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

iguana wrote: »
    When Anna and Tracey were talking in the cafe I couldn't help but wonder if Anna knows that Tracey murdered her boyfriend in her livingroom. Or that shortly before that a previous occupant committed suicide in that livingroom because she couldn't deal with having murdered her father. And that back before that the original owner was killed in a fight, in the livingroom.

who committed suicide after killing her father? :eek: I don't remember that :)

casio4 wrote: »

Katy Harris. She committed the most pleasant suicide ever by drinking a bag of sugar (she was diabetic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭Alice1

Who was the original owner? Was it Brian Tilsley?

Des Barnes. He died when some thugs Tony Horrocks was mixed up with pushed him and he cracked his head on the coffee table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

casio4 wrote: »
    Katy Harris. She committed the most pleasant suicide ever by drinking a bag of sugar (she was diabetic).

I was just going to ask the same thing , I don't remember Katie killing herself

You definitely have a great memory Iguana, or else you have been swating up on it:p.I can barely remember what I did last week;)

I just looked up the boards thread on Corrie from the time of Katy's suicide.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=221129

I really did hate how dragged out that storyline became after she clobbered Tommy.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2571469&postcount=98

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I just looked up the boards thread on Corrie from the time of Katy's suicide.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=221129

I really did hate how dragged out that storyline became after she clobbered Tommy.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2571469&postcount=98

I know! That was painful. I did kind of like the Harris family before that though, except for the whole Katie/Martin thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Lisha wrote: »
    Can I do some slapping please Ann??? Sounds great:D:D

You haven't thought this through Lisha. You'd appear on the credits as "Slapper". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Michelle was like a dog in heat with Rob but he gets with Eva will prob get with Michelle as well somewhere down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Oliverdog wrote: »
    You haven't thought this through Lisha. You'd appear on the credits as "Slapper". :p

S'allright;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

washiskin wrote: »
    I never thought I'd say this....but I think I hate Corrie :(:(:(:(
    I used to live for his show and now......it's been written into the ground by talentless writers and and cheapened by third rate actors. It feels like the sad, slow demise of a once great institution.:(

I do agree, but then something brilliant happens and you get a glimpse of how wonderful it used to be. It has been more miss than hit lately sadly

Lisha wrote: »
    I do agree, but then something brilliant happens and you get a glimpse of how wonderful it used to be. It has been more miss than hit lately sadly

I quite like Roy's chess games with Mary. David Neilson plays him perfectly, they way he nearly fell off the chair when Hayley leaned in to kiss him goodbye was brilliant. Though not as good as his face and tone when he had to say "Gallileo" during his, Mary, Norris and Anna's rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody a couple of months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Anyone else think that the Leanne-Peter-Simon-Nick storyline is total nonsense. Leanne and Nick have no right to Simon's custody, she never adopted him, so now they want to take him away from Peter by moving away.

Firstly, what person would even consider doing this? If Leanne claims she loves Simon surely she must know how much it would hurt Peter if Simon moved away.

Secondly she would be guilty of kidnap, would have no passport for him, even if she did any police or customs official would have her and Nick arrested straight away.

It's stuff like this with stories so full of holes that makes Corrie hard to watch sometimes, you just know this would never happen in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Thats it! I'm moving to Manchester. :rolleyes:
    Rob gives Eva a job as machinist at Underworld despite her having no experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

bijapos wrote: »
    Anyone else think that the Leanne-Peter-Simon-Nick storyline is total nonsense. Leanne and Nick have no right to Simon's custody, she never adopted him, so now they want to take him away from Peter by moving away.

Firstly, what person would even consider doing this? If Leanne claims she loves Simon surely she must know how much it would hurt Peter if Simon moved away.

Secondly she would be guilty of kidnap, would have no passport for him, even if she did any police or customs official would have her and Nick arrested straight away.

So true!! Very annoying. I can't stand Peter the big thick a**hole -he really is his own worst enemy and he gives her loads of ammunition but Leanne isn't being fair at all.

It seems to be very easy to get a job there alright:).Rob is probably planning to get into Evas you know what...........................................:D

• Advertisement

bijapos wrote: »

It's stuff like this with stories so full of holes that makes Corrie hard to watch sometimes, you just know this would never happen in real life.

I assume when Peter gave Simon to Leanne some legal agreement was put in place

Did Leanne adopt Simon at some stage?

Right now I think Leanne is just using Nick for his cash and to get at Peter

Simon needs both his parents and Peter is his dad even if he a bad one

I hope Roy dont cheat on Hayley with Mary, it would be nice to see only a friendship in a soap between a male and female

I think in Corrie world we are supposed to believe that when Peter let Simon live with Leanne he also somehow completely handed over all his parental rights to her. We even had a throw away line about Leanne getting 'some papers drawn up with the solicitor' in order to assure us that Leanne is now Simon's only legal guardian with 100% custody of him.

It's lazy insulting writing just like Xian's ridiculous visa wedding process or Dev's financial problems because he didn't have insurance when the tram hit, despite the fact that as a victim of the accident his insurance was irrelevant as that's not who'd be paying up. Lately when the way the world actually works doesn't tie in easily with the story they want to tell, they don't bother adjusting the story so it makes sense, they just steamroll over our suspension of disbelief.

jimmyw wrote: »
    It seems to be very easy to get a job there alright:).Rob is probably planning to get into Evas you know what...........................................:D
    pants :D

Leanne is been a right b...h here, its like a vicious circle.Leanne is been difficult,which winds Peter up which in turn causes a row with her...etc:(.

Get a grip.I do think its a valid point about it been seen as kidnap,although possibly it could be argued that she is the legal guardian and so technically not the case as far as the law is concerned.

But I assume that she would need permission from Peter?.Why doesn't he seek legal advice instead of looking for answers at the bottom of a glass?

lawyers would love this sort of thing;).

BTW I dont like Rob:(

God lord Michelle is irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I think in Corrie world we are supposed to believe that when Peter let Simon live with Leanne he also somehow completely handed over all his parental rights to her. We even had a throw away line about Leanne getting 'some papers drawn up with the solicitor' in order to assure us that Leanne is now Simon's only legal guardian with 100% custody of him.

It's lazy insulting writing just like Xian's ridiculous visa wedding process or Dev's financial problems because he didn't have insurance when the tram hit, despite the fact that as a victim of the accident his insurance was irrelevant as that's not who'd be paying up. Lately when the way the world actually works doesn't tie in easily with the story they want to tell, they don't bother adjusting the story so it makes sense, they just steamroll over our suspension of disbelief.

Now that you mention it , did no one get compensation for this , surely there would have been big payouts for an incident like that.

Karen23 wrote: »
    Now that you mention it , did no one get compensation for this , surely there would have been big payouts for an incident like that.

No and half of the street was left broke afterwards. It was why Fiz committed fraud to get Mrs Fishwick's money and Dev sold all his other shops (without any objection from any of the babymamas he had shacked up in each of them).

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

how is that twat brian head of the school, it just seems so ridiculous and unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

how is that twat brian head of the school, it just seems so ridiculous and unbelievable.

You know who the bullys mammy is ya??

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    You know who the bullys mammy is ya??
    no who?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement