Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Oliverdog wrote: »
    that revolting advert for Knorr Shake 'n' Serve over various dog-food dishes

Totally agree - they look so disgusting.

'I did like that line to David from the Hairstylist about Kylie - "Is she your sister? Wife? Both?" Classic. :D'

Yep classic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

iguana wrote: »
    Good memory! I only have a vague memory of it now that you jogged memory but I don't remember it having been so badly handled as this one. The jist of the story is here; http://coronationstreet.wikia.com/wiki/Anthony_Stephens

Might want to get that checked out. Might be a sign of something to come ;)
    Jayzus, just watched last nights episodes on the player. Sunita looked pretty edible on the sofa there!

Am about a week behind on corrie, dont suppose you have a screenshot?
    All nicey nicey pally pally with Stella and blatantly lusting after Karl at the same time

You cant help who you lust over, if you could, it wouldn't be called lust.
    hate eileens and fireman story, it just not right, kissing and sleeping together while poor wife is in the next room tuned out. yes i no she is now in residentual house but she is still alive and still married, its just like cheating on her .anyway he gives me the hebe geebeeees.

While I do also hate the storyline, I think it is quite realistic. Theres something like 10,000 people in Pauls position in the UK. How does one have consensual sex with a person who might forget they gave consent?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

syklops wrote: »
    Might want to get that checked out. Might be a sign of something to come ;)

I can't even remember my pin number never mind 12 year old Corrie plots. Pregnancy brain sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Audrey is going to have a heart attack

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Audrey is going to have a heart attack

I could have guessed that. They have been leading up to that for some time now. I wonder is it when lewis screws her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

bijapos wrote: »
    It takes two to tango, Karl had no issue with flirting with her before and getting his trousers off a couple of hours after Stella had thrown him out. Surely he is a better judge of when his relationship with Stella is over than Sunita.

I agree she treated Amber badly, but Dev is a self serving egoistical twat, their relationship has been doomed for months.

Yeah it surely does take two to tango but Sunita was defo more interested in him than he was in her...lurking about in the background waiting for her chance and the way she's so sympathetic towards Stella turns my stomach. She took advantage of Karl when he was at a low ebb (I've no pity for him btw) , offering him the sofa and more besides:mad:.

Yes, Dev is a total twat. I'd love the whole shower of Alahans to leave the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Am I the only one who thinks Lewis might not try to con Audrey? He's coming across as quite genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

lizt wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Lewis might not try to con Audrey? He's coming across as quite genuine.

I've often thought the same, maybe we're gullible:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I can't help but be suspicious! I mean, what a twist if they kept it going for months and months, making out he was a reformed man and then suddenly he takes her for everything she's got. I wouldn't put it past the writers to do it, tbh.

Even if the current batch of writers plan on him being reformed at some point Nigel Havers will want to leave and it will be written that he was playing the long con. Though I can't see Havers being on Corrie indefinitely unless he's in serious financial difficulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'd imagine he's more interested in the whole Platt / Roberts empire (restaurant included) - he'll probably celebrate in a threeway with Michelle and Leanne before heading for the sunset with Carla.
    Or he could be Kylie's dad and they were working together all along.

....or I've had a beer too many.:)

Or he could be Kylie's dad and they were working together all along.

That would be a brilliant twist.:D

Did anyone want to throttle Peter on Thursday when he said to Carla, "You're Simon's mum now, not Leanne.' Yeah Peter that's how it works to a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

That story with Audrey getting arrested is so fake. The cop is nearly 12 inches and about 10 stone heavier than her and she still threw him. FFS. In normal circumstances he would give her a bollocking, not arrest her.

David is so under Kylie's thumb it's embarrassing. Love some of her lines event though she is nasty:

"In 10 years the only cut they will be getting is with a lawnmower!" :pac:

iguana wrote: »
    Did anyone want to throttle Peter on Thursday when he said to Carla, "You're Simon's mum now, not Leanne.' Yeah Peter that's how it works to a child.

Yes I want Leanne to get custody

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Yes I want Leanne to get custody

Agree terrible line by Peter; but Leanne
    - doesn't have anywhere to live
    - doesn't have job/source of income

how could she expect to get custody?

If I am being logical - Karl and Stella got a mortage to buy a pub and no one in the banks noticed he had massive credit card debt.

When Tina and Tyrone were chatting last week outside the "chippy" ( for your fries only) was that a new camera angle? Dont remember seeing such a clear shot of the chippy before - or indeed knowing what its real name is

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

frankz wrote: »
    When Tina and Tyrone were chatting last week outside the "chippy" ( for your fries only) was that a new camera angle? Dont remember seeing such a clear shot of the chippy before - or indeed knowing what its real name is

Second to the Bistro, this must be the most successful restaurant in Europe - not least because their chips can be mauled down by the likes of Maria and Tina without putting a millimetre on their delectable tummies.

Agree terrible line by Peter; but Leanne
    - doesn't have anywhere to live
    - doesn't have job/source of income

how could she expect to get custody?

If I am being logical - Karl and Stella got a mortage to buy a pub and no one in the banks noticed he had massive credit card debt.

Leanne would be entitled to half of Peter's cash i.e. his business and flat as his wife, she should go for after them and Simon, Peter could move into Carla's flat with her

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

loved the bit where Kylie and David are trying to choose a new name for the salon and I think it was kylie that says lets call it platts after your name and like the hair style but maybe it's spelled differently:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Leanne would be entitled to half of Peter's cash i.e. his business and flat as his wife, she should go for after them and Simon, Peter could move into Carla's flat with her

Not necessarily. Peter had the business before he got together with her, they were only married a year, Peter should by law get custody of Simon which leaves her with not a lot out of the relationship. This splitting everything 50:50 is a bit American and only used in the UK in long term marraiges.
    casio4 wrote: »
    loved the bit where Kylie and David are trying to choose a new name for the salon and I think it was kylie that says lets call it platts after your name and like the hair style but maybe it's spelled differently:D

Loved the bit where she just snapped at him:

"Shut up Platt!" . Jesus David, grow a pair.

Mini spoiler for next week:
    Betty's death is announced on Monday, her funeral and goodbye is on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Ah yea but in soapland, people can buy houses and businesses without even using a solicitor. All they seem to do is hand over the keys and move in the next day :rolleyes:

bijapos wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Peter had the business before he got together with her, they were only married a year, Peter should by law get custody of Simon which leaves her with not a lot out of the relationship. This splitting everything 50:50 is a bit American and only used in the UK in long term marraiges.

Peter was only able to buy back the bookies with Simon's inheritance. Lucy left him money that Peter was to use to provide a stable home for Simon. Peter used it to buy the bookies and the flat back. The flat and bookies are tied to Simon. Also in British law it's not that unusual for a step-parent to be given partial custody of a child. Leanne entered Simon's life very shortly after Peter who was kept apart from his son after his mother discovered that Peter had illegally married another woman while married to her. Peter nearly killed Simon, showed up drunk to his school and started a fight, regularly goes on massive benders, was jailed less than a year ago for GBH and then confessed to a murder he didn't commit as he was too drunk to know whether he did or not and prioritised his new girlfriend over his son. And now he has moved his alcoholic girlfriend into their home, with zero regard for Simon's feelings and she has also showed up drunk to his school. Peter wouldn't have a chance in hell of keeping him.

Whether Leanne would or not in a different matter. She has a dodgy past with a drug addiction and previous history as a stripper and prostitute but she has been a stable influence in Simon's life. She has picked up the slack for his alcoholic father and shielded Simon from that as much as possible. Simon considers her his mother and wants to be with her. The needs of the child are prioritised by social services so if it goes to court what Simon wants is likely to be count heavily, especially against the 'rights' of his awful father.

Coronation Street returnee Terry Duckworth sparks outrage on the cobbles later this month as he starts searching for lap-dancers to work at his new business.

As fans already know, Terry (Nigel Pivaro) is about to arrive back in Weatherfield to launch a strip club next to the Bistro. When he later learns of his son Tommy's inheritance money, he spies an opportunity and convinces the mechanic to help him set up the new bar, neglecting to mention that it'll be a lap-dancing joint.

Starting work for his scheming father, Tommy (Chris Fountain) is given flyers to hand out for '7th Heaven'. Terry promises to pay him when the bar is open and the money is rolling in.

However, when a lap-dancer turns up in The Rovers to do an audition for Terry, Tommy is stunned to realise that he's working for a lap-dancing club - while Norris (Malcolm Hebden) is appalled as he gets a free dance!

While the situation may seem like fun and games at first, Terry's plans are soon met with outcry from the residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did eastenders not do a storyline really similar to that with Archie a few years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

A lap dancing club is a straight enough business. I wonder what Terry is using it as a front for.

...I also want a private lap dance from Sunita.

....gets coat and leaves

I said this to herself last night, Stella is in the **** because of a guy called Karl, and Leanne is in the sh1t because of a woman named Carla.

Also, if they get divorced, Leanne will be entitled to about half of what Karl lost in the bookies.

Luke leanne, join me, we shall rule the galaxy rovers together as father and son mother and daughter.

Corrie should bring back Toyah she could help Leanne fight for her entitlements and for Simon

Leanne and Eva dont suit and dont spark well as sisters imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Corrie should bring back Toyah she could help Leanne fight for her entitlements and for Simon

Leanne and Eva dont suit and dont spark well as sisters imo

YAY, bring back Toyah, that's a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Or just get rid of Eva. Totally useless character imo.

• Advertisement

lizt wrote: »
    Or just get rid of Eva. Totally useless character imo.

She was better 7 years ago when she delivered Aadi and Asha.
    1eqsdg.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement