Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

iguana wrote: »
    Apparently Julie and Brian get some bad news at her 12 week scan next week, which is very weird as I'll be 13 weeks pregnant despite the fact that Julie knew she was pregnant a week before I even got knocked up. She'll be 16 weeks pregnant at a very minimum next week. It seems as if the writers aren't that clued up on human gestation and are counting 12 weeks from when she found out.

And the rumours are that it's a phantom pregnancy, what with Brian's vasectomy, which will be so bloody annoying if true as phantom pregnancy is incredibly rare in humans, especially nowadays as we have definitive tests so people can't fool themselves. There are only two ways to have so much HCG in your system that you'd get positives on multiple urine tests, being on certain fertility drugs, which Julie wasn't, or being pregnant. I hate it when tv shows think urban legends and old wives tales are real. :(
    seems now Julie thought she was pregnant and it turns out to be a growth, she now has to have an operation to remove it. As for whatever doctor told her she was pregnant well that's another story:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Second to the Bistro, this must be the most successful restaurant in Europe - not least because their chips can be mauled down by the likes of Maria and Tina without putting a millimetre on their delectable tummies.

Good point! Tina and Maria's figures and chips (and loads of alcohol for the latter in the pub and tinnies for the former) dont seem compatible!

For all the fab food in the bistro the night the bailiff came looking for money Ava went into the Rovers to her mammy looking for food - thought it was a poor enough set up (given her boyfriend has this fab bistro, they could prob has rustled her up someit) just so she could run to the bistro and grab the money from the till. Would have been as believable to just have her sitting chatting in the rovers
    Was there ever mention of Stella or Karl giving the money back to Nick?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

A lapdancing club in Corrie:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

There are only two ways to have so much HCG in your system that you'd get positives on multiple urine tests, being on certain fertility drugs, which Julie wasn't, or being pregnant. I hate it when tv shows think urban legends and old wives tales are real. :(

Some types of uterine cancers can give off false positive pregnancy tests but for how long I don't know.

Congratulations Iguana btw:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Ann22 wrote: »
    Some types of uterine cancers can give off false positive pregnancy tests but for how long I don't know.

Congratulations Iguana btw:)

I'm glad I didn't know that before my first scan.:o So that might be the story then, poor Julie has cancer instead of a baby. What a rotten double blow for her.:(

And thanks.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Another medical balls-up in tonight's episode. Audrey's had a heart attack and is still in the critical 24-48 hour period when she could have another one. She's just undergone an angioplasty procedure. And what do we see? Four family members performing episode 99 of the Great Salon Dispute around her bed.

In real life, she would have been in an intensive care coronary unit, and visiting would have been confined to one family member.

Sometimes I think these soap operas are just made up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Sometimes I think these soap operas are just made up. :)

Maybe the soaps are real life, and what we think is reality is in fact the soap opera......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I never knew weird nick was in footballers' wives. It was on CBS Drama or something- I was like wtf! And he had bleach blonde hair- I think he was supposed to be the sexy Beckham-esque character... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

efb wrote: »
    I never knew weird nick was in footballers' wives. It was on CBS Drama or something- I was like wtf! And he had bleach blonde hair- I think he was supposed to be the sexy Beckham-esque character... :rolleyes:

Yeah he was in it for the last few seasons. Conrad was his character.

Not that I watched it or anything *ahem*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

So that might be the story then, poor Julie has cancer instead of a baby. What a rotten double blow for her.:(
    Oh no, that would be awful, I hope that doesn't happen. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Also, how convinent was it that Nick just happened to be parked outside the Rovers tonight? Cars seems to just disappear and reappear whenever they're needed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

A lapdancing club in Corrie:)

I didnt see the episode yet but I knew when I saw the purple font, the name "seventh heaven", and Terry Duckworth, that it was going to be a lap dancing club. Herself asked me on Saturday where was that building located. I told her Coronation Street is like the Tardis, its a lot bigger when your on it than it seems, and has hundreds of small buildings and cubby holes which can appear and disappear at will.

Maybe the soaps are real life, and what we think is reality is in fact the soap opera......

I would actually believe that. Been living some very convoluted plots myself lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Highlights from last nights episodes:

Sally's long walk back to the machine after being told that's where she belongs,

Roy going to the "quarterly meeting of the Weatherfield Bat Fanciers Club", (membership: 1)

and Norris trying to make up any excuse for not spending the night in a deckchair, what a wuzz.

Btw does anyone know what percentage of Corrie is filmed in a hospital? Seems everyone has been in and out of it recently.

Bijapos are you trying to ruin it for me or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I'm glad I didn't know that before my first scan.:o So that might be the story then, poor Julie has cancer instead of a baby. What a rotten double blow for her.:(

And thanks.:)

Congratulations Iggy. :)

Have you thought about names yet? May I suggest Rosie (Girl) or Norris (Boy)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Congratulations Iggy. :)

Have you thought about names yet? May I suggest Rosie (Girl) or Norris (Boy)?

Calling any boy Norris guarantees that he'll grow up to be...well, Norris.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Congratulations Iguana, hope all goes well for you.

I was surprised to hear this too as almost 9 years ago when my pregnancy test came up positive, I asked if there was any other reason as I was not supposed to be able to get pregnant and I was told no - "you are most definitely pregnant:eek:".

syklops wrote: »
    Bijapos are you trying to ruin it for me or what?

???? :confused:

bijapos wrote: »
    ???? :confused:

Sorry, I was referring to my comment that I hadnt seen the episode yet, and then you did your highlights from the episode, so now I know Sally is going to be told to STFU or something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coronation Street couple Tina McIntyre and Tommy Duckworth will be at the centre of high drama in early May as they find themselves embroiled in Terry's financial problems.

The pair have only just found happiness by confessing their feelings for each other, but Terry's presence on the cobbles looks set to cause misery for them next month. Terry plans to open a lap-dancing bar are left in tatters in the coming days as Kirsty discovers that he bribed a councillor to obtain planning permission.

With no immediate source of income, Terry is in trouble as he owes a sizeable sum of money to loan sharks. Tommy hands over his inheritance money to help out Terry - but that's not the end of the nightmare.

Magazine reports have revealed that Terry's loan sharks soon return to demand even more cash, and Tina is horrified when she realizes that one of them is Rick Neelan - the man who hounded her father Joe to his death.

Rick will become menacing towards Tina as he makes it clear that he wants Terry's debt to be cleared as soon as possible - and the Rovers barmaid is deeply upset over being confronted by her past.

Terry soon decides that desperate times call for desperate measures, telling Tommy and Tina that they should burn the lap-dancing bar's premises to claim on the insurance money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

First off, sorry JP Liz, I hit edit instead of quote on your post, I didn't actually edit it.:o
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Terry soon decides that desperate times call for desperate measures, telling Tommy and Tina that they should burn the lap-dancing bar's premises to claim on the insurance money.

What is it with Terry's sons and burning down failing businesses for the insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I miss my soaps! Cant find them anywhere online :(

Misticles wrote: »
    I miss my soaps! Cant find them anywhere online :(

pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,172 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

First off, sorry JP Liz, I hit edit instead of quote on your post, I didn't actually edit it.:o

What is it with Terry's sons and burning down failing businesses for the insurance?

Oh yes forgot about Paul (it that his name?) buring the bistro down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,245 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can't believe Bill Roache who plays Ken is 80 this week!!! :-O he looks about 60!

Jesus, Kylie is an impossibly stroppy cow, throws a tantrum every time something doesn't go her way, David is a twat for putting up with her.

Kirsty is still bullsh1tting and abusing her powers as a copper, the demonstrators had no right to be in there, and Terry was hardly being aggressive. Can't strand her.

Loved Terry's suggestion that Emily could be a bouncer at the Lap Dancing club:

"OOHHH! I'm so terribly terribly sorry, but I couldn't possibly let you in here with those trainers. Do take care on your way home.... are you sure you'll be alright getting home dear?"

...and the secret to Betty's Hotpot was always
    a bottle of stout.
    Any Irish person could have told you that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

Soaps changes for May!
    Corrie is on everyday this week!

Monday 7th May to Thursday, May 10
    Corrie is at 9:00

Friday 11th May
    Corrie 7:30 and 8:30

• Advertisement

Haven't been enjoying this lapdancing story at all but Roy's pained expression last night as he said 'Galileo' made it all worth it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement