Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Does anyone know the song that was playing in the background when Peter came home to Carla in the first episode on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jesus this Lucy one is driving me insane! I've missed a few eps so was there anything else about her secret in the last few days? I think she fancies Laura:confused::D

Sorry wrong thread!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

leahyl wrote: »
    Jesus this Lucy one is driving me insane! I've missed a few eps so was there anything else about her secret in the last few days? I think she fancies Laura:confused::D

Sorry wrong thread!!

This is an example of soap scriptwriters bumming around the net, forgetting where they are and posting secret stuff.
    However, I do like the idea of the three new characters - Lucy(blonde) and Laura (brunette) fighting it out over Jesus (mysterious new mechanic with beard and attachment to wooden cross in Kevin's garage).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Misticles wrote: »
    Does anyone know the song that was playing in the background when Peter came home to Carla in the first episode on Monday?

It was 'Born to Die' by Lana Del Ray, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

It was 'Born to Die' by Lana Del Ray, I think.

'twas. I was admiring it as it played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Who owns the cabin?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,789 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

deelite wrote: »
    Who owns the cabin?

Norris. He bought it off Rita

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Mary live in her camper van?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I missed the start of corrie tonight, Tyrone commented that there was no damage done to Kirsty's front bumper, if Kirsty's car was facing the van then it would seem that between two mechanics and a policewoman they do not have a brain between them, the damage was done to the wrong side of the camper van.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Tommy's father smashed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Why blame Kirsty for damaging it while trying to get out? It's kind of obvious that is not what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Terry is going to cause alot of sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

casio4 wrote: »

...and me thinking he was going to cure cancer and bring world peace about on his way out :). Seriously, he has gotten fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

On another note, lovely send off for Betty. I was almost in tears :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

casio4 wrote: »

Have to say his arrival was executed perfectly. Never heard a peep in the papers, and love that they use the same actor, so he didnt need any introduction.

Does Tommy not know Terry sold him? Surely Lisa's parents told him

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Tommy not know Terry sold him? Surely Lisa's parents told him

yep it was mentioned last week, tyrone told him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

syklops wrote: »
    Have to say his arrival was executed perfectly. Never heard a peep in the papers, and love that they use the same actor, so he didnt need any introduction.

Terry is a brilliant character and Nigel Pivaro is made for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Sally hasn't learnt a thing, still a prissy, haughty, obnoxious cow when a bit of power goes to her head. Should be a laugh with her and Carla in the office together.

The story of the damaged camper is daft, how the hell could you break a light that high up with a Fiesta, feel sorry for Tommy, wants to be loved by his Dad so much he hands over his inheritance to him, I agree Nigel Pivaro is a good actor, let's hope he stays for a while but doesn't become a comic book baddie. his charachter has potential.

Nice send off for Betty alright. I liked Stella and Leanne saying they had never heard of Annie Walker.

• Advertisement

Apparently Julie and Brian get some bad news at her 12 week scan next week, which is very weird as I'll be 13 weeks pregnant despite the fact that Julie knew she was pregnant a week before I even got knocked up. She'll be 16 weeks pregnant at a very minimum next week. It seems as if the writers aren't that clued up on human gestation and are counting 12 weeks from when she found out.

And the rumours are that it's a phantom pregnancy, what with Brian's vasectomy, which will be so bloody annoying if true as phantom pregnancy is incredibly rare in humans, especially nowadays as we have definitive tests so people can't fool themselves. There are only two ways to have so much HCG in your system that you'd get positives on multiple urine tests, being on certain fertility drugs, which Julie wasn't, or being pregnant. I hate it when tv shows think urban legends and old wives tales are real. :(

Well when it comes to time soaps are always pliable. Rosie webster was about 5 for about 10 years, then over night her boobs popped out and she was 14 and into boys.

syklops wrote: »
    Well when it comes to time soaps are always pliable. Rosie webster was about 5 for about 10 years, then over night her boobs popped out and she was 14 and into boys.

No she wasn't. She was played by the same child actor for 10 years and then replaced by Flanagan, who was slightly younger, when she was 10. There were lots of scenes with her as a 10 year old when Jake died and as friends with David once he was recast. The 12 year old her was in it a lot when Kevin and Sally remarried and at 13 Sally had ambitions for her to be a popstar. And you've completely left out her goth years, which was back when she was a person of normal intelligence.

Corrie is usually very good for staying true to character ages and birthdays. They are just apparently bad at realising that a woman is usually 4 weeks pregnant when she finds out she is pregnant, not 0 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

iguana wrote: »
    Whether Leanne would or not in a different matter. She has a dodgy past with a drug addiction and previous history as a stripper and prostitute but she has been a stable influence in Simon's life. She has picked up the slack for his alcoholic father and shielded Simon from that as much as possible. Simon considers her his mother and wants to be with her. The needs of the child are prioritised by social services so if it goes to court what Simon wants is likely to be count heavily, especially against the 'rights' of his awful father.

And lets not forget that she had a sordid affair with Nick Tilsley not too long ago.

Personally it makes me sick to my stomach that her, of all people, is looking for custody of that child.

Blatter wrote: »
    And lets not forget that she had a sordid affair with Nick Tilsley not too long ago.

Personally it makes me sick to my stomach that her, of all people, is looking for custody of that child.

No matter her faults Leanne has always done right by Simon whereas Peter nearly killed him and puts Carla and the bottle first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No matter her faults Leanne has always done right by Simon whereas Peter nearly killed him and puts Carla and the bottle first

I wouldn't say having an affair was doing right by Simon at all though, would you? I wonder what he'd think of her if he knew. Actually it's surprising that Peter hasn't played that card, yet.

I wouldn't say having an affair was doing right by Simon at all though, would you? I wonder what he'd think of her if he knew. Actually it's surprising that Peter hasn't played that card, yet.

Yes true but Leanne choose to stay with Peter and Simon

He does know and throughout her affair she kept worrying about Simon. She had no intention of ever leaving Peter because of how much she cared about Simon. Not something I'd commend in anyone else having an affair but she is still many millions of miles above Peter in caring for Simon. In fact when Peter found out about the affair after it ended instead of having a private conversation with Leanne about it, he allowed them all to go keep planning their wedding blessing which meant Simon was even more cruelly crushed than he would otherwise have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

iguana wrote: »
    He does know and throughout her affair she kept worrying about Simon. She had no intention of ever leaving Peter because of how much she cared about Simon. Not something I'd commend in anyone else having an affair but she is still many millions of miles above Peter in caring for Simon. In fact when Peter found out about the affair after it ended instead of having a private conversation with Leanne about it, he allowed them all to go keep planning their wedding blessing which meant Simon was even more cruelly crushed than he would otherwise have been.

Peter seems to care about Simon when it's convenient for him or when it's a chance to get back at Leanne. If he really cared about Simon he would be civil to Leanne and allow them to see each other. Leanne could act nicer to Peter when Simon is around as well though.

I just think Peter is a terrible father and I really have no sympathy for him at all.

• Advertisement

How does what Leanne gets upto between the sheets, or on the floor of the Bistro, affect Simon? Versus, Peter getting smashed every day and nearly leaving him fatherless by admiiting he did stuff he didnt do for Carla to the police.

Your basically talking about ex-hooker, ex drug adict who got her life together vs an alcoholic who hasn't got his life in order. I know which I would give him to if I was a judge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement